PDA

View Full Version : Viewing your own reputation...?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 4th, 2013, 11:44:45 AM
This seems to be turned off - or else I can't figure out where the rep comments are. With this account I can see everyone's in their profiles, but in a normal account I can't view that account's rep. I imagine this is a switch that needs to be flipped in the Admin CP.

is anyone around to look into this? Mods have been pretty much invisible lately and I'm not even one I just have honorary status in some areas to do style set stuff. :p

Edit: I can't view all rep either, just the latest ten or so? We used to be able to view all, and also all rep we'd given out.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 4th, 2013, 04:26:43 PM
NEVER MIND it's in Settings, DUH, I knew that but somehow when I was asked this morning I forgot about that and only remembered the Profile thing.

Nothing to see here, move along!

Aimee Connors
Oct 5th, 2013, 11:51:12 AM
Actually you still can't view all of the rep, only the last ten left for you.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 5th, 2013, 12:23:20 PM
It looks like 10 is the default number that you can view in your control panel.

There is no 'view all' option, so it looks we will have to decide on a number to replace the 10 with.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 5th, 2013, 12:30:04 PM
It was probably a hack we had on the old software. Ten is probably as much as we should have in the settings page because otherwise it will get super long (if you have lots of rep). I wonder if that hack is available for vb4.

Droo
Oct 22nd, 2013, 06:47:25 AM
This thread is tagged as complete but the issue of not being able to view your rep history, given and receieved, is a big deal - particularly for roleplayers. Personally, I like to check what I've said to a person in the past to avoid repeating myself and giving useless feedback. Also, it helps when you're in a rut to look back over what others have enjoyed in your posts, to try and recapture that.

Is there a way this issue can be resolved?

Vince
Oct 22nd, 2013, 12:10:46 PM
This thread is tagged as complete but the issue of not being able to view your rep history, given and receieved, is a big deal - particularly for roleplayers. Personally, I like to check what I've said to a person in the past to avoid repeating myself and giving useless feedback. Also, it helps when you're in a rut to look back over what others have enjoyed in your posts, to try and recapture that.

Is there a way this issue can be resolved?

Repeated because I agree and am too lazy to say, "What Droo said."

Tom Harriman
Oct 22nd, 2013, 02:55:16 PM
Based on what Jenny said earlier... would it be possible to (temporarily) put a very large number in this field, as kind of an interim solution to let people see all their rep until a more practical solution can be found?

TheHolo.Net
Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:34:11 PM
The reputation system was what we had before, in a way. In vB2 and vB3 it was a hack. In vB 4 its native.

Its been changed to 10000000

Droo
Oct 22nd, 2013, 05:48:19 PM
Cheers!  

Dragon
Oct 23rd, 2013, 05:09:06 PM
There's super secret achievement for getting 10,000,001 rep comments. You can only reach it if you beat the end boss of TheHolo.Net.

Thanks so much, Ogre! :D

Droo
Oct 31st, 2013, 08:06:08 PM
Sorry to keep banging on about rep stuff, but I have one more request: is it possible to increase the character limit for rep comments? I feel I need to master some form of shorthand in order to say what I want.

Solomon Latona
Nov 1st, 2013, 12:36:16 AM
^ This. It doesn't necessarily need to be *that* much longer - an extra 50%? - but I always find myself needing one extra sentence on rep comments.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 1st, 2013, 08:19:49 AM
Sorry to keep banging on about rep stuff, but I have one more request: is it possible to increase the character limit for rep comments? I feel I need to master some form of shorthand in order to say what I want.It looks like this will take some research. I see no obvious reputation comment length option and may have to resort to manual database field constraint modification.

Droo
Nov 1st, 2013, 10:03:11 AM
Thanks for looking into it.