PDA

View Full Version : LA vigilantes

Captain Untouchable
Sep 27th, 2013, 01:53:24 PM
Marvel comics have approximately 1.73 bajillion superhero teams. A lot of them are like the Avengers or the X-Men or the Fantastic Four, where they've got bases and jets and all sorts of cool stuff like that.

Then there's the Defenders. They're a team "by accident": a few people teamed up to fight a particular bad guy and didn't really get along, then by coincidence and serendipity they team up another time, and then another time with some new friends and without some people, etc. Stuff was very informal, the members were kinda B-List at times, people really didn't like each other a lot of the time and only cooperated because they had to, etc.

Long story short, I thought it might be cool to do at least one thread that has some of the vigilantes in LA team up together. Even if it's just for one occasion, and they never team up again, it at least means that some of the LA vigilantes know each other, which will make stuff easier going forward. Plus, we can use it to jump-start LA stuff again, since we've not really done any sort of establishing thread type stuff since we time skipped.

I've run the idea by Droo and Dee already, and they're potentially on board... but I wondered if anyone else might be interested?

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 27th, 2013, 02:26:23 PM
I could use Ginny in this. :)

Ilias Nytrau
Sep 27th, 2013, 03:10:09 PM
Consider my interest piqued.

Tom Harriman
Oct 19th, 2013, 05:02:02 PM
Welp, I figure that's probably enough waiting to see if anyone else is going to chime in!

It probably makes sense for us to get a handle on who we have, before we spend too much time thinking about what we could be doing, and how/why.

Thus far it looks like -

- Blackhawk, no known powers; uses "non-lethal" guns/tasers/grenades/etc
- Vigilante, teleporting archery assassin
- Jim Lewinski, speedster and smart guy

What other cards do we potentially have on the table?

José Luis Flores
Oct 20th, 2013, 08:54:32 AM
Hell, José could do an odd one of these every now and then.

Kahlia Winchester
Oct 20th, 2013, 04:22:41 PM
Hey, José!

Ditto for me. I do gross and fine animation of inorganic matter, which means I could control robots without using the controls, but you won't see zombies (terribly disappointing), and... hey, have you ever seen a lamppost sway in the wind? >D