PDA

View Full Version : I have an xbox now - xboxes are cool

Érinthe Hetetlen
Jul 13th, 2013, 05:06:17 AM
Well, I'll have one next weekend, when my sister swings by to drop it off.

It's just the console (as far as I know it doesn't have a kindle or games bundled with it), and I don't imagine it has a ginormous hard drive... but it was free, so I guess I'll need to work out if/how I can get more hard drive space at some point. (Are there like... external hard drives for xboxes or something?) I also have no idea what peripherals I'll need/want, what games I should get, or any of that stuff.

I know I definitely want to get me some Halo, and I might pick up some Assassins Creed / Arkham City type stuff that I haven't got around to playing yet. There was something that Peter was all "you have to get this" about, but I can't remember what that was. Might get some Mass Effect as well, because I'm normally better at remembering to use powers and stuff when I've got a console controller.

I have no idea what else to get, though. I normally don't pay much attention to xbox games and stuff... I don't even really know what the deal with Xbox Live / Gold / etc is. D:

Crusader
Jul 13th, 2013, 06:19:04 AM
You want to have a copy of Halo ODST (Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin and Tricia Helfer FTW) ;) and an xbox live gold account (first month is always free). In addition to that you need a Peter that plays this game coop with you from his place. A copy of Red Dead Redemption is always a good thing and maybe you want to try out the demo of the original Gears of War.

Captain Untouchable
Jul 13th, 2013, 08:54:02 AM
I played a little ODST when it first came out, and it is bloody fantastic, so I will most definitely be getting that!

I've also played a little Halo 2 coop in the past... but I warn you in advance, if we find a Warthog, do not let me drive. :ohno

Peter McCoy
Jul 13th, 2013, 09:02:45 AM
If you like zombies, for around £12 in Microsoft Points you can get State of Decay which is a thoroughly enjoyable open-world zombie survival game where you scavenge for supplies and build up a basecamp with other survivors.

Crusader
Jul 17th, 2013, 06:24:29 AM
You will want to open up a trial xbox live gold account imediatelly on friday since you will get Assassins Creed 2 for free until the end of the month if you are a gold member. Halo 3 will be for free as well soon.

Charley
Jul 29th, 2013, 12:53:37 PM
Deadliest Warrior 1 and 2

Crusader
Aug 1st, 2013, 01:20:27 AM
Jace: you will need a second USB stick since the next free games for XBL Gold will have Coop

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15692-Are-Crackdown-and-Dead-Rising-2-the-Next-Free-Games-With-Gold-Titles--[Updated--Yes-They-Are].html

The first game is Super Hero Cops vs Mobsters and the second one is Vegas with Zombies!

Captain Untouchable
Aug 1st, 2013, 04:32:57 AM
Jace: you will need a second USB stick since the next free games for XBL Gold will have Coop

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15692-Are-Crackdown-and-Dead-Rising-2-the-Next-Free-Games-With-Gold-Titles--[Updated--Yes-They-Are].html

The first game is Super Hero Cops vs Mobsters and the second one is Vegas with Zombies!

Have two 32 GB sticks in there right now, so I should be okay on storage for a little while!

Also, Superhero Cops vs Mobsters? DID THEY MAKE THIS GAME WITH ME SPECIFICALLY IN MIND.

Deadliest Warrior 1 and 2

After your humiliating defeats when I was still a total xbox and Deadliest Warrior noob, are you sure your ego can take the pounding it'll get if I'm able to practice? :mischief

Crusader
Aug 1st, 2013, 05:45:25 AM
BTW tonight meaning in 4-5 hours I want to continue our Halo One playthrough. Let's see what other terrifying secrets this ring world hosts!

Captain Untouchable
Aug 1st, 2013, 08:08:59 AM
In that case, I will stock up on energy drinks!

I tried to play Pillar of Autumn on Legendary the other day. It did not end well. :uhoh