PDA

View Full Version : Dark Banana Blog?

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2013, 10:59:24 AM
What do people think about using the new blog feature to keep track of our miscreants adventures? We could do one blog post per sitting, to recap what happened?

Crusader
Jun 19th, 2013, 03:07:47 PM
This sounds like a great idea. I can always provide you with pictures and texts from the current campaign and help you with getting the facts straight.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 19th, 2013, 06:14:55 PM
Yes! :D Would be nice to have a place specifically for this. I love our thread banter but when you miss a sitting (or two...or three...) it's really hard to tell what happened sometimes and you kinda have to weed through all the silly to find the actual content.

Pierce Tondry
Jun 19th, 2013, 07:39:50 PM
Yes, but who will update said blog? I am totally calling not it.

Dee
Jun 20th, 2013, 12:21:09 AM
I think it'd be neat to have the blog written from the perspective of the characters. So maybe we take it in rotation? Or maybe whoever is at each session, someone volunteers and then writes up what happens in that session?

Captain Untouchable
Jun 20th, 2013, 01:54:12 AM
I'd be up for this, though I may have trouble writing it in character what with Glen being illiterate and all. :uhoh

Of course, I could always write stuff in character as Fred Fiddich, the Bastard Bard. :smokin

Fred Fiddich
Jun 25th, 2013, 12:19:51 PM
Dark Banana blog! (http://theholo.net/forum/blog.php?7496-Adventures-of-Aventuria)

I dunno if other people are able to post to that blog as well if necessary? I set up a Fred account anyway just in case people can't / other people want to post as Fred / whatever. Plus, Glen can't write. :uhoh

If other people are able to post to that blog, but want to post as their characters instead of as Fred, writing a letter to Fred so he knows what's going on might be cool? Maybe. I dunno. I haven't had coffee yet. >_<

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 25th, 2013, 04:16:53 PM
If think if you go to http://theholo.net/forum/blog_usercp.php?do=groups you might be able to add other users to your blog, to give them the ability to post to it too?

Kurth Halx
Jun 26th, 2013, 12:45:23 AM
lemme have a look this weekend but I wouldn't mind writing this in Kurth's voice and giving our zany bastard hijinks the gravity being told by a comedic straight man.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2013, 11:41:34 AM
:thumbup Kurth

I like the blog 'description' a lot btw, Fred ;)

Fred Fiddich
Jun 26th, 2013, 04:34:26 PM
I wrote that as a blog intro, and the blog was like... 5,000 characters too long. Was so glad there was the description text space so I didn't have to vaporise too much. :uhoh

Fred Fiddich
Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:34:58 PM
If think if you go to http://theholo.net/forum/blog_usercp.php?do=groups you might be able to add other users to your blog, to give them the ability to post to it too?

If it is possible to do so, it does not appear to be something I am capable of doing as a normal user.

Going to the groups page gives me the same "You are not currently a member of any other blogs." message that everyone else gets. I've checked the permissions page, and there's nothing in there either. Looked to see whether it was possible to invite people to your blog from their profile page. Looked to see if there was anything in the User Groups to "let this group access your blog" or something... but it doesn't seem to be part of that either.

Looks like admin shenanigans are required. :\

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 3rd, 2013, 12:13:19 PM
I'm not sure whether it's actually possible to post to a blog that's not your own. I will have to dig about and see whether it's a feature that vB actually supports, or just something that I hoped it would support.

Captain Untouchable
Jul 3rd, 2013, 02:50:49 PM
Just looked it up on the vB forums: apparently it's not possible in the default software... which makes the whole "not currently a member of any other blogs" status message seem a weird choice of phrasing.

Edit:

I guess the easiest work around would be to post stuff up as quotes? Like, have it as if Fred is quoting pages that he swiped from Dasquian's diary, Kurth's war journal, a letter that Glen asked Rhone to write because of the illiteracy thing...? Sort of a -

Dear Fred,

Today I cut a demon in half with a sword. It was fun, but kind of sticky.

- Makhaira

- type deal.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 3rd, 2013, 06:49:29 PM
Blog settings>Manage Groups>add member.

I just added Dasquian to my blog as a test, seemed to work.

Fred Fiddich
Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:33:55 PM
I do not have that option available.

Perhaps it's only available as an option to supporters?

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 4th, 2013, 12:42:19 PM
Try it again now, Fred

Fred Fiddich
Jul 4th, 2013, 04:02:05 PM
Success!

Y'all should have invites in your notifications now or something, I presume.