PDA

View Full Version : Don't try this at home...

darth_mcbain
May 24th, 2005, 01:55:44 PM
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Star_Wars_Fans_Hopsitalized_After_Lightsaber_Accid ent_92855.asp

Two people have been left with severe burns after their home-made Star Wars light sabre exploded and showered them in petrol.

Mark Webb and Shelley Mandiville are thought to have filled a fluorescent tube with fuel to imitate the screen weapon.

But their clothing caught fire during the mock fight in woodland near Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, leaving Mr Webb with 40% burns.

Police said both he and Ms Mandiville, 17, were in a critical condition in hospital in Chelmsford, Essex.

A spokesman said fire crews called to the woodland found the pair on the ground.

Police think they had been filming themselves at the time.

I feel really bad for them and all, but seriously - how could they have thought that filling up a neon tube with gasoline and lighting it up ala a lightsaber could be even remotely safe???

Lilaena De'Ville
May 24th, 2005, 02:07:19 PM
:eek

That's fantastic. Fantastically stupid!

If they were filming it I wonder when the video will pop up on the internet?

Lady Vader
May 24th, 2005, 02:12:30 PM
>_<

*hits side of hand to chest*

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh... |I

Man, that's just dumb. *shakes head*

Dasquian Belargic
May 24th, 2005, 02:37:32 PM
Heh, I was just going to post about this. Read about it in the news this morning. What baffoons!

darth_mcbain
May 24th, 2005, 02:46:01 PM
I wonder if they're related to the SW kid?

Dasquian Belargic
May 24th, 2005, 02:49:48 PM
Fans of his, pehaps? :lol

Droo
May 24th, 2005, 02:54:02 PM
Ah, you folk just don't get it. It was all planned, they were filming the Anakin vs. Obiwan fight and had just arrived at the Immolation Scene.

You people! :rolleyes

imported_Baralai Lotus
May 24th, 2005, 04:10:24 PM
OMG, geek! But it's okay. . .because I have UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!!!

Master Yoghurt
May 24th, 2005, 05:18:29 PM
Although I should probably feel sorry for them being on hospital and all, I have to laugh at the stupidity :lol

imported_Firebird1
May 24th, 2005, 06:04:21 PM
LOL, you beat me by several hours!

All and all I would think that I liked Slashdot's article better wanting them to win a Darwin award.

imported_Bandage
May 25th, 2005, 03:10:15 AM
Sounds like something I would do.......well not really, but it sounded good!