PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs

Jedieb
May 23rd, 2005, 09:10:52 PM
Both opening games of the Conference Finals are in the books. The Spurs showed that the Suns don't know what the word defense means and the Pistons have now beaten Shaq 5 straight times in the playoffs. He was healthy last year and the Pistons weren't the least bit intimidated by Shaq and Kobe. They don't look like they're afraid of a hobbled Shaq and Wade this year either.

I actually like all of these teams, except maybe the Suns. Damn, without the Lakers there's no one to root against. I'm picking the Spurs to take it all. I think they match up well against the Pistons because they play the best defense the West has to offer. Detriot plays tough defense, but the Spurs can both run and play half court offense.

Neither series is over. I still think the Suns can score enough points to give the Spurs a 6 or 7 game series. The Spurs can't score over 40 4th quarter pts every game. One bad night of shooting and Phoenix and Nash have got 'em. Miami's got bigger problems I think. Especially if all they're going to get from Shaq is 20 pts.

CMJ
May 23rd, 2005, 09:25:20 PM
At the end of the day I think Miami will take the Pistons down in seven games.

Spurs win the West in 6.

I haven't been following the playoffs too closely. As soon as the Celtics went down I quit paying a lot of attention. I miss the Stanley Cup. :\

jjwr
May 24th, 2005, 06:12:02 AM
Ditto CMJ, once the Celtics were done my interest was relegated to checking the scores on Sportscenter.

I would love to see a Suns vs Heat finals, your average game would be around 114-110. I'm dreading a Pistons vs Spurs final where the games will be 82-78 in OT.

Though in reality I'm picking Spurs vs Heat in the finals.

Jedieb
May 24th, 2005, 08:59:55 AM
I'd love to see Duncan match Shaq and Kobe with 3 rings. Plus, I love watching Ginobli play. He's fearless and drives the lane like a madman. Nash is great to fun to watch play as well.

JMK
May 24th, 2005, 10:09:03 AM
I'd love to see a Suns vs Heat finals. It would be the most entertaining ball seen in years! But of course, we're probably going to get the woefully boring Pistons vs the even more boring Spurs. I'm sure the NBA is praying for the Heat & Suns to win their respective series...

Jedieb
May 24th, 2005, 09:48:21 PM
The Spurs have pretty much ended the Suns season tonight. With 3 games at SA I don't see how the SUns can win 4 out of 5.

CMJ
May 24th, 2005, 10:32:52 PM
The Spurs looked really good tonight from the little that I watched. I think the Suns get the series back to Phoenix, but they're pretty much toast at this point.