PDA

View Full Version : The Possible Reset

James Prent
May 23rd, 2005, 12:38:34 PM
You must discuss!!

Navaria Tarkin
May 23rd, 2005, 03:32:05 PM
Well, staff was trying to figure out a reorginization idea and then posting for the rest. But thanks James, we do need a thread because everyone here is going to have to decide on what they wish to do. The current Council is going to be no more and won't be formed for a loooooooooooooong time because of when the new yearly arc starts.

Current Master and Apprentice make-ups are going to have to be re-worked as well. Small communities of Jedi or one on one training with a Master and one Padawan.

The entire Jedi Order is going to have to be re-done forum wise as well. This will be just as tough as re-doing the Sithies :)

I for one shall be keeping Navaria as a Jedi Knight and her backstory shall be the same... with a few tweaks.

Dasquian Belargic
May 23rd, 2005, 03:48:23 PM
Dasquian will be undergoing a character revamp, turning him into a member of the Rebellion. (Aaron will become an NPC, just part of his background, I think.)

In Dasquians place, however, I will be bringing in a female (Miraluka) Jedi Knight. She won't be a part of any group though, but rather wandering, somewhat lost since her teacher has been killed by the Jedi Purge. So I'm thinking she will take on an apprentice at some point.

Adia Issoris
May 23rd, 2005, 04:42:28 PM
Morgan will be a slicer for about three months, and then slice the "wrong" computer :)

Rognan Dar
May 23rd, 2005, 08:09:56 PM
So is the GJO going to be gone until a timeline/scenario that could allow it?

I dont know what I will do with Rog. It all depends on whats going to happen first. I might keep him a Jedi but maybe lower in rank and skills. Or I might make him a fighter pilot for the Rebellion. So much that can be done...

Alpha
May 24th, 2005, 12:21:00 AM
I think I'll have Satine be a rogue Jedi, that had trained under a hermit Jedi Master. Give him Knight status form the training, but have him belong to no side. :)

Lion El' Jonson
May 24th, 2005, 01:50:43 AM
I intend to keep Lion sided with the Rebellion, in a leadership position, though I intend to drop my Force sensitivity, something that I haven't really used for a while anyways. Any prospective members of the Rebellion should contact me so that we can discuss ideas.

imported_Bandage
May 24th, 2005, 03:45:06 AM
Since Bandage is a recent addition, I plan to keep him the same, just around like fifty years beforehand or something.

Master Yoghurt
May 24th, 2005, 04:23:53 AM
Yog will just be 50 years younger, or whatever the amount of years it was since battle of Endor

Lion El' Jonson
May 24th, 2005, 04:46:41 AM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
Yog will just be 50 years younger, or whatever the amount of years it was since battle of Endor

With a name like Yoghurt, we don't expect anything more or less. :lol

James Prent
May 24th, 2005, 11:28:48 AM
James will not be related to LD any more, and she will have force potential but be untrained. She'll probably fall in with a bunch of rogues from Nar Shaddaa.

Navaria Tarkin
May 24th, 2005, 02:37:29 PM
It is good everyone is saying what their character shall be doing.. but also, we need to know what everyone would like to do with the board. how they wish to see it etc... concerns as well

friendly reminder ^_^

Andúril
May 24th, 2005, 04:11:44 PM
I would probably keep my character the same, leaving them as what they learned already. I think one on one training is a good idea, though I dont quite know what you mean about what exactly is being changed. Could you clarify please?

Dasquian Belargic
May 24th, 2005, 04:12:49 PM
Originally posted by Andúril
I dont quite know what you mean about what exactly is being changed. Could you clarify please?

Have you read http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38431 ?

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 24th, 2005, 05:23:43 PM
Ok, for those of you who can't read this at TSO, I'm going to be leaving SWFans in the RP sense because I can't go along with this reset. I completely disagree with it and feel like my commenting on opposint it (at the request of another poster) was either ignored or insulted. I like my characters the way they are. I've worked to hard on them and I can't see myself changing them in any way.

I will not lie and say this day was not coming because it was coming. For some months now I've been having some issues with certain RPers to the point where I don't want to have completely open threads because I don't want to RP with them.

If you want to remove me from the character roster of GJO members and remove my access from the private forums here, by all means. My characters affected here.

Shandri La
Marga Alton
Telexia Xio
Tharinye Lerf
Ebony
Natia Telcontar
Vista Alor (I believe thats all of them)

James Prent
May 24th, 2005, 05:48:04 PM
Enjoy AraMir. :)

I think the forums should be retooled to be SMALLER. Less fuss, less muss.

If the Jedi are scattered, but still want... like a central hub they all can contact each other at... er... You need a sort of Underground Railroad set up.

One private forum, one for training (?), and perhaps relocate a base of operations onto a neutral planet. Dagobah could be explored, but as Yoda was quite obviously the only Jedi there, it would be a bit bizzare to suddenly have it as the Jedi base of operations.

Shade Magus
May 24th, 2005, 05:54:30 PM
Shade will still be the same, though might not here anything from him for awhile since I just got the word I'll be off to the desert in a few months. If i have access over there then I plan on keeping him the same.

As for Jacen...well I'm not sure about that. I've thought about putting him as kind of a loner of sorts. I mean he'll still have some training but not much. He'll be more of a street rat than anything.

Lion El' Jonson
May 24th, 2005, 06:12:54 PM
I think the general idea is that we'd have very small groups of Jedi scattered throughout the galaxy, training and generally staying out of the Galactic Civil War's way. Having a "central base" of some sorts would be relatively counter to the idea we're trying to convey.

However, I do think that we're going to need a means of communication. Even a relatively badly-encrypted signal piggybacked onto the HoloNet cannot be traced if it is bounced around a couple of sectors. In certain times, if the Jedi Knights and Masters could convene at a central location with their Padawans, there is a lot of interesting potential here. Just as the Jawas hold an annual 'Sandcrawler Swap-Meet', the hidden Jedi may reconvene on some planet in the unknown sector for a "Gathering of the Order" type of thing. The Jedi come when they're called together, discuss whatever must be discussed, and then return to their solitude.

It might operate somewhat like SW:KOTOR II, where the hidden Jedi reconvened on Dantooine after the Exile went and rounded them all up. There could be an interesting roleplay if the Empire managed to hijack the signal and figure out where the Jedi were meeting.

As for forum set-up, I think we'll need to cut several subforums. Which ones, I've got no idea. If we set up seperate forums for each planet where there are Jedi, it would quickly get too cluttered, and we'd be limiting peoples' choices to a few planets. I think having some generic forums like we do right now (Training, Living Quarters) would work if we asked people to 'tag' their location to the front of their post title, just as we have topic tags in the OOC forum. I'm not quite sure how this'd be accomplished, but I think it'd clear up confusion pretty well. Perhaps somebody wishing to establish themselves on a new planet could PM a mod, and the mod could assign that planet a tag to use.

I'm not even sure if this is technically possible, but it'd be one solution to the problem of multiple forums.

Master Yoghurt
May 24th, 2005, 06:33:01 PM
I like your line of thinking, Lion. Very creative. Keep it coming :)

Morgan Evanar
May 24th, 2005, 06:48:36 PM
I really don't like having a training forum. I think most of the training should be done like in ANH with Luke on the Falcon.

Figrin D'an
May 24th, 2005, 07:01:31 PM
The staff has discussed the idea of, after the storyline get rolling, having a Jedi Enclave at which Jedi and those seeking to learn the Jedi arts could gather. It would be very much as Lion described... ocurring once every few IC months or so, at changing locations. The "ruling council" would be made of representatives from each of the smaller Jedi sects/cells (each sect would choose it's representative). Lone Jedi would have an opportunity to speak as well. New propective Jedi would have an opportunity to choose whom they wish to seek out for training, based up what the learn at the Enclave.

The board would be revamped considerably, eliminating many of the current forums. The idea is to have a general OOC discussion forum, a private planning forum, an IC Enclave forum, and another for biographies and sect information. Perhaps beyond that, we could have a forum dedicated specifically to the different Jedi sects, but that would likely come later on.

We're still pondering the details, but we are well into discussing what will take place.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 24th, 2005, 07:16:44 PM
Well, I have come and gone now for the past three years or so. I really have no idea what could be done to reformat the forums mainly because I haven't been a constant poster.

I am very glad that I get to change my character! Thank the maker........I made him when I was at the end of my sophomore year in high school (no offense if there are any sophs in high school reading this).

I believe, I will keep his family background the same. The way they die will be changed however, to completely eliminate Darth Uhlen, BLAH! I can start over with my new padawan learner.

Rognan Dar
May 24th, 2005, 08:10:38 PM
I like the layout you have Fig. But would this format be changed every year? Because if we jump around times and stuff, we would either end up with more Jedi or less or just different everything. I think the forums should be something that could be used in many different times. The OOC and Bios and private planning can stay. But would there always be a Enclave? I guess we could just start calling whatever the meeting area is the enclave from now on.

Figrin D'an
May 24th, 2005, 08:41:20 PM
We'd like to arrive at a format that could be carried over from storyline to storyline with little change needed, except for maybe some graphics and a forum title or two. The idea is to condense and simplify, but also have something that will allow for easy transition into future story arcs.

Alpha
May 24th, 2005, 10:27:44 PM
I'm really liking this more and mroe...

Zeke
May 24th, 2005, 11:32:00 PM
After the reset occurrs, can I keep Zeke as a Jedi Knight, or does he reset too? To be honest, this whole reset and new storyline business is confusing. Then again, I've been out of the loop for a while.

Dae Jinn
May 25th, 2005, 12:09:01 AM
No, you can keep your rank if chose to. You can make Zeke whatever you want to in the new storyline, and he'll still have his rank. :)

James Prent
May 25th, 2005, 02:56:24 AM
There is a reset recap thread. I suggest people actually make use of it.

Dae Jinn
May 25th, 2005, 08:09:27 AM
Well, since I most likely will NOT have a Jedi/Lightsider when the reset happens, I don't really have any input other than I like the Jedi Enclave idea ^_^;

Zeke
May 25th, 2005, 10:08:33 AM
Originally posted by James Prent
There is a reset recap thread. I suggest people actually make use of it.

I saw it, but I misunderstood. I thought it meant that ranks we earn after this reset can be used in future resets, but our current ones wouldn't be useable. Sorry.

Andúril
May 25th, 2005, 11:24:41 AM
I like the idea of different sects of jedi. Perhaps, if we wanted, there could be no central council, and people can learn the force as their taught by their masters. I think this would lead to more interesting roleplay, with more variety, with some jedi keeping to the traditional rules, whereas you could have a few shadows taking on a bit of each, jedi and sith.

This might lead to some interesting interactions with different orders of jedi. We could even go for different councils, I dunno. I agree that there should be no specific training forum. Jedi are alwasy learning and thus I think that we should do forums more by location rather than the type of roleplay. This would free up our rp's to adapt to different circumstances, instead of the possibility of going 'off topic'. Just a thought... or a few.

Leten Snat
May 25th, 2005, 01:03:01 PM
As people may have seen already with my post in the thread in the OOC forum, I feal that this is the last thing Fans needs to do.

As people may remember back to when Rivin first came to fans, how I fought to keep him the way I built him. I don't like being forced into anything, and if people try I ether beat the matter with a stick till I win, or I go where the problem is not.

I know I can't win this so inorder to keep the integrity Of my characters I have no choice but to go else where.

I will still be RPing elsewhere if people want to talk or RP with me.

http://p210.ezboard.com/baramir
http://rpg.sharnyl.net/
http://s8.invisionfree.com/Daemun_Galaxy/index.php

Those will likely be where I will be spending most of my RP time.

Morgan Evanar
May 25th, 2005, 03:57:33 PM
Ok have fun.

Liam Jinn
May 25th, 2005, 05:31:59 PM
I'm keeping Liam a Jedi Master.

Wei Wu Wei
May 26th, 2005, 08:15:54 PM
Wei Wu Wei will remain a Jedi Knight, but I think I will kick him off as being something of a "whisky priest" as far as being a Jedi goes.

In other words, he'll be depressed, given to despair and brooding, and though he feels like a failure for not being a good enough Jedi in his mind, he will still carry on pursuing the lightside and helping others as a Jedi would. Eventually I will have him break out of this mindset and become confident in himself as a person and a Jedi. I would prefer not to have Padawans if I do this.

Rognan Dar
May 26th, 2005, 08:36:50 PM
Hey, I was thinking, with all the people switching their characters around from Jedi to Sith to Imps to Rebels that maybe we should make a discussion thread where everyone could see it. This is in a kind of locked section where only Jedi members at the moment can see it. And maybe get a head count for all the new Jedi. Just a thought.

Morgan Evanar
May 26th, 2005, 08:38:33 PM
Or we could not worry about it :D

Zeke
May 26th, 2005, 09:09:37 PM
Well, whatever the case, Zeke will remain a knight-level lightsider working for a shipping company. I'm not sure if I'll label him as a Jedi, as he probably won't ever affiliate himself with other lightsiders or with any organizations beyond his shipping company. My other Jedi will almost certainly change, so I don't know if I ought to have a say in what happens, but I like what's presented so far.

Kyle Krogen
May 26th, 2005, 09:47:29 PM
Kyle will become a wandering rogue, of sorts. When his master died of old age of sickness the young Kyle dropped the title of Jedi because he did not like living as a "true" jedi and decided he'd strike things out on his own. Although He is not part of the Jedi he still helps them, and the Rebellion, from time to time. He strikes out at the Empire whenever he gets the chance.

So thats what I'm doing with Kyle. I want to keep sorta within the Jedi Order (or whatever it will be called) but not a complete member and more on his own.

Navaria Tarkin
May 27th, 2005, 04:16:25 PM
Most are going to be on their own, deciding on whom they wish to have contact with. The option for others to form small communities is always there tho.

eventually, there will be the beginnings of a group again. It is something exciting to works towards

Wei Wu Wei
May 27th, 2005, 10:18:28 PM
Well, if we revamp the Jedi forum, then it would have to consist mostly of places in which Jedi might hide. Perhaps we could have the ruin of the Jedi temple, Degobah, and other places. The sub-forum for the Jedi Enclave could be similar to the Avalon forum now, but with a few differences.

The Jedi Enclave forum would be similar in that only Jedi characters could gain access to it. I mean, the Enclave is only supposed to happen once a year or so, right?

The Jedi Enclave forum would be different in that Jedi could only access the forum at certain times in the year. It would also be open to non-Jedi if we were to do a special even in which the Empire discovers the location of the Enclave and invades. Naturally the Jedi would find another location for the Enclave to take place, but the forum would remain mostly unchanged.