PDA

View Full Version : Our window is small?

Morgan Evanar
May 19th, 2005, 10:06:06 AM
Well, I just saw ROTS. It didn't rot. It was a good movie.

I think that we, as a board, have to decide if we want to persue new membership. If we do, I think we don't have a lot of time to do it. We have two weeks.

My point is that we should all work hard to get whatever changes we think the board needs done ASAP. I'm going to finish the Grevious styleset this weekend. Maybe we can have unregistered members start out with a more exciting styleset than the current white and blue one?

Do we want to advertise? Where do we want to advertise?

If we have new people showing up, and they want to RP, I think it would be best to get the whole scenario going within the next two weeks too.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 19th, 2005, 10:16:01 AM
My thoughts exactly. The whole time in last last night I was wishing this whole facelift and renovation would have had a May 19th date, and I would've fronted the money to have slick little business cards with our addy on them made to hand out during the wait.

But Morgan is right. We need to get this sstuff done. We've talked enough. It's still ok to voice any ideas we might have, but things need to be done now.

I'll finish trying to get some possibly new layouts put on paper so to speak so ya'll can check them over. I'll also turn that mock-up styleset into a Mustafar-themed one. I'll have it done by saturday night. Anything else you guys want me to do, and I'll do it.

Shawn
May 19th, 2005, 02:01:12 PM
I think we need to implement the 1 year/season thing ASAP and then start advertising the heck out of this place.

TheHolo.Net
May 19th, 2005, 02:05:56 PM
I am considering buying a second vBulletin license and basically closing this board (making it a static archive) and starting fresh with the latest vB version, but I am a little reluctant to go that far. If we do go with the RP "reset" thing, I think starting fresh with the board itself might work well.

Morgan Evanar
May 19th, 2005, 02:44:29 PM
I don't think we need to move to VB3, but we NEED an archive forum. This thing cries screaming whenever I do certain search strings and such.

I think we need to implement the 1 year/season thing ASAP and then start advertising the heck out of this place.I agree. Please post your specific support of it. :)

TheHolo.Net
May 19th, 2005, 02:46:31 PM
Doesn't matter if we use vB2 or 3. If we want to implement an archive and leave it as vB, we will need a second license.

It would probably be easiest to stick to vB, so that when/if we do archive and start semi fresh we could more easily keep the last few months of threads on the new board.

Morgan Evanar
May 19th, 2005, 02:49:25 PM
I was thinking the past 6? Also, why not move the archive to PHPBB? It's going to be read only?

TheHolo.Net
May 19th, 2005, 02:53:09 PM
I'm unsure how well an import to another BB system will go, mainly because this board is hacked to high heaven. Including a great many DB changes which the importers may not deal with well at all.

Morgan Evanar
May 19th, 2005, 02:59:00 PM
Oh. That's a damn good reason. I think I can spare $20 to another VB liscence, but really, that's all I have right now :(

Dasquian Belargic
May 19th, 2005, 02:59:57 PM
How much is a new license?

Morgan Evanar
May 19th, 2005, 03:12:46 PM
http://www.vbulletin.com/order/

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2005, 03:57:50 PM
ack 160 bucks o_O or is it 85 for the lease?

:( I'm not sure how much I could contribute...

Lilaena De'Ville
May 20th, 2005, 01:12:44 AM
I thought that when we were originally discussing changing the forums around we had agreed that it needed to be done before the movie opened. Of course, it didn't. :) I agree, it needs to be done soon. I could contribute up to $20, but no more, as my financial condition is best described as "dire."

Advertising could be done, just give me and s'Il the OKAY!!! We have been wanting to do some, have posted about it... but no one has come out and said "hey, let's do it then." So, we could most likely do some webcomic ad space for a short amount of time no problem. I can put my twenty bux towards that.

I also made up a sw-fans.net sign that I had next to me in my RotS line. I got us on someone's video camera. :D

Morgan Evanar
May 20th, 2005, 09:56:49 AM
We're only a few days behind for the styleset stuff. Mine should be done tommorow.

Morgan Evanar
May 21st, 2005, 09:05:19 AM
Originally posted by SWFans.Net
I'm unsure how well an import to another BB system will go, mainly because this board is hacked to high heaven. Including a great many DB changes which the importers may not deal with well at all. I was thinking about this, but all the other importers do is rip poster and post data, pretty much. We set up a duplicate private forum, trim the latest 6 months of posts, and then see how an import goes. I realize I'm not able to do that work, but I think it would be worth it if it would save a hundred dollars.

Also, could we have a staff discussion tommorow around say, 5 ET?

Navaria Tarkin
May 21st, 2005, 12:44:31 PM
I will be seeing episode 3 for the first time then =P

Morgan Evanar
May 21st, 2005, 12:55:27 PM
Crap? Anyone have an idea for another time?

Dasquian Belargic
May 22nd, 2005, 11:16:26 AM
Once I've gotten some work done tonight, I'll come hang about on AIM for the evening, just incase anyone's there.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 22nd, 2005, 10:18:58 PM
*whistles* sorry I missed this. ^_^;

Morgan Evanar
May 23rd, 2005, 08:44:09 AM
Bump for the day krew.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 23rd, 2005, 11:56:03 AM
what are you bumping?? this was at the top of the forum.

Morgan Evanar
May 23rd, 2005, 12:21:07 PM
Because I'm silly :) Its an SA in joke.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 23rd, 2005, 12:24:00 PM
oh :( *feels left out*

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2005, 02:07:10 PM
Just about done with both styesets. I'm reworking the forum ordering in Chris' version. Just letting you know I haven't forgotten about them :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 23rd, 2005, 02:17:10 PM
The Grievous styleset is looking good.

What is this mysterious "Hutt" styleset that looks suspiciously like the CID forums?

Morgan Evanar
May 23rd, 2005, 02:24:39 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
Just about done with both styesets. I'm reworking the forum ordering in Chris' version. Just letting you know I haven't forgotten about them :) The forums should sort themselves?

Shawn
May 23rd, 2005, 03:10:23 PM
I'm away until around the 27th. I've got to pass an exam for my prospective job and I need to cram for it. I know the timing is a bit crappy, but I didn't chose the date.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2005, 03:38:20 PM
Originally posted by Morgan Evanar
The forums should sort themselves?

No no, I'm talking like what I did with that mockup; just to see how everything looks and stuff. I've been getting a bit more OCD as of late, which is why I'm doing it and including it with the styleset, just so I can see how it might look. At work my OCD is in terrible form, and it's starting to spill out over into my board conduct.

Morgan Evanar
May 23rd, 2005, 04:35:00 PM
Oh that actually makes perfect sense.

TheHolo.Net
May 24th, 2005, 08:35:33 AM
I was thinking about this, but all the other importers do is rip poster and post data, pretty much. We set up a duplicate private forum, trim the latest 6 months of posts, and then see how an import goes. I realize I'm not able to do that work, but I think it would be worth it if it would save a hundred dollars.I may have time to give this a try this coming weekend, since its a three day one.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 24th, 2005, 09:19:45 AM
We have allowed EU characters in the past = GA Thrawn, Mara Jade, Admiral Ackbar and Garm Bel Ibis are a few that spring to mind. This is changing then? I mean, obviously I thought it might due to copyright infringement and we crack down on everyone else who uses names and characters from other things.

TheHolo.Net
May 24th, 2005, 09:56:07 AM
I think we should change it to a more non infringing system, yes.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 24th, 2005, 10:55:17 AM
Just checking.

Dasquian Belargic
May 24th, 2005, 02:29:26 PM
so... we're not allowing EU characters, then?

TheHolo.Net
May 24th, 2005, 02:31:49 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
so... we're not allowing EU characters, then? See FAQ section III.A.9

It has been against the rules for well over a year now.

Dasquian Belargic
May 24th, 2005, 02:49:06 PM
Alright. I wasn't totally sure, what with people using names from the movies (Vader, Tarkin, etc). Thanks.

Navaria Tarkin
May 24th, 2005, 02:50:47 PM
Are you insinuating something mister :mad

:p

Made up stuff is okay.. why I don't play Mara anymore since that was implemented but Navaria is all me.

Dasquian Belargic
May 24th, 2005, 02:52:40 PM
Oh no, I was just curious about where we draw the line between what is and isn't ... copyrighted. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2005, 04:52:48 PM
Hey, can I edit out that swear word toward the beginning of the improving thread? Orin jumped ship anyways, and that thread being warned is seriously bugging me. If not, I'll live with it, but it's bothering me that that particular thread is on warned status.

Navaria Tarkin
May 24th, 2005, 04:53:56 PM
go ahead and PM the guy just to make things 'legit' :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2005, 04:59:48 PM
well, I already asked him once in a previous PM, but he didn't do it.

Navaria Tarkin
May 24th, 2005, 05:02:38 PM
no no... go ahead and edit the post and PM as to why =P who cares if he says anything back or not. there's been more then enough time for him to do it

Morgan Evanar
May 24th, 2005, 05:02:54 PM
Just edit the post and remove the warning.

Navaria Tarkin
May 24th, 2005, 08:46:57 PM
archiving forums .. poster concerns. Some have expressed concerns to what will happened to the forums that they paid for and said they were going to keep. mentioned about possible refunds for the board so I had to act and try and calm peeps. so...

I explained in a post in a locked forum here to what the possibilities were and why the archive was necessary. The database issues and the lag and the downtime stems from we dont delete anything ever.

I explained the freebie board and purchasing a new one and that current to six month threads will be imported and everything else is locked and closed but still accessible. Including private... I said that the money goes towards the archive costs and carries over the year for the new board.

Unfortunately, alot of people's concerns about the new reboot are being talked about behind closed doors -_- this adds to confusion and they dont explain why they dont like it properly. That is all fine and well and that is their perogative, but this was a concern I said I would bring up here since it is a legitimate one. I was wondering if there could be an official in post the open post about this?

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2005, 12:20:31 AM
wha?

TheHolo.Net
May 25th, 2005, 07:36:55 AM
Some of the concerns I have heard from "Group" owners (read: Rie and LW) lead me to believe that we probably would be better off with a second vBulletin lisence.

It appears the concern is that threads will be in a different place and will be tough to locate. As of right now I have TSO requesting none of their threads be archived because of that perception.

If however, we get a second vB lisence, then the archive board will more or less just be this board moved to a different folder on the host, keeping threadID numbers the exact same as they are and making any existing links people may have, very simple to update and point to the right place. If we switch to a different BB solution like phpBB then that will be a whole different animal which may contribute to further dissatisfaction.

But, either way its not an easy call. Group forums do pay for their hosting annually, and if they demand a refund I can and will provide them with a 50% one since we are already halfway through the year and the payments made were for this year, not for a year starting when payment was made. If any group does decide they deserve a refund then they will be given a short period of time to do their own archival before their board is removed.

Morgan Evanar
May 25th, 2005, 07:44:08 AM
Maybe we could just use some siteripper software on the board and have an HTML archive. We could setup permissions using htaccess.

TheHolo.Net
May 25th, 2005, 08:04:23 AM
I would rather the archive contain the site graphics, avatars, and sigs as they are and think the simplist solution really is another vB, though a closed one. There will be almost zero learning curve for us and users of the archive, nearly zero chance for catastrophy, and all with zero administrative overhead after its done. I like those zeroes.

Controlling access to private forums via htaccess would be a never ending administrative duty since it would be IP based and people's IPs often change. Password based is not an option I am willing to use.

Yes, I understand the cost issue, but am, as usual, willing to take care of that myself, though I won't turn down offers of assistance. ;)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2005, 08:15:09 AM
I'm always willing to help out monetarily, so if this is done I'll be sending you a set yearly amount :)

Morgan Evanar
May 25th, 2005, 10:15:45 AM
Like I said, I can float another $20 if we just want to buy another VB.

Dasquian Belargic
May 25th, 2005, 12:56:06 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
Well, if the threads are being moved to another board entirely, then I am going to request that the threads from TSO be moved to my board.

I started a board last night due to this, and frankly, I want to have control over the threads here as opposed to having someone else admin over them.

They'll be off this board so ppl won't have to worry about bandwidth.

I'll contact SWF about how to transfer threads.

arrrrrrrrwhat the christ

PS are we going to ban people who have said they are leaving and never coming back, e.g. Natia, Rivin, etc?

TheHolo.Net
May 25th, 2005, 01:19:01 PM
Yeah, I exchanged PMs with Rie some this morning and am still unsure what the hell she is upset about. She acts as if we are going to delete TSO's threads, but I have told her about ten different ways how it will work, but she is still acting pissed and it seems she is adamant about starting a board seperate from SWFans for TSO it seems.

:: shrug ::

Vega Van-Derveld
May 25th, 2005, 01:20:56 PM
And doing what with it exactly? Continuing TSO as though nothing at Fans had changed? Or does she expect that it will still be considered part of of the main board?

TheHolo.Net
May 25th, 2005, 01:21:43 PM
I really don't know, but think its a terrible idea if she wants TSO to survive.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 25th, 2005, 01:24:17 PM
Mm. It's going to be even more confusing for newbies :|

Did she say what she planned on doing with the TSO forum here? Or is she just going to get a refund?

TheHolo.Net
May 25th, 2005, 01:28:25 PM
She said nothing to me directly, about a refund or about plans for TSO here, but I get the impression that her own unhappiness is stirring other people to be more displeased than they would have been without seeing her exhibit it. Dramabomb fallout maybe?

Oh well, can't please all the people all the time.

Vega Van-Derveld
May 25th, 2005, 01:33:09 PM
Yes, it seems like most of the unrest over it all is at TSO. The unfortunate thing is that a lot of the problems people are raising have already been adressed in the OOC forum. People just seem to be looking at Rie's reaction, skimming (and misinterpreting) what's been said, and then dismissing it all as one big mess. At least to me it feels like people are only to quick to start shouting about being opressed by the big bad SWFans :rolleyes

"All great movements require a few martyrs."

EDIT: Looks like Rie might just end up leaving altogether.

TheHolo.Net
May 25th, 2005, 01:50:12 PM
Originally posted by Vega Van-Derveld
EDIT: Looks like Rie might just end up leaving altogether. And I still can't figure out what she and the others are so upset about. :huh

Navaria Tarkin
May 25th, 2005, 02:27:44 PM
And I still can't figure out what she and the others are so upset about. :huh

and I dont get it either. what i really dont get are these concerns and no one posts or posts only half of what is bothering them and fuming in locked forums -_-

Morgan Evanar
May 25th, 2005, 03:05:49 PM
I sent out the $20 and Rie can go to hell if she doesn't start communicating. I'm really tired of her mellowdrama mixed with bullshit that she's pouring everywhere because she's too emotional to stop and think about what is going on.

Navaria Tarkin
May 25th, 2005, 03:07:23 PM
not to mention riling up other people as well -_-

side note- if it is allright with Holly Charley and if I can find Jenn (Hera).. can we squish the Dark jedi and CIS into one forum? that way does help on money for everyone and we can hash out together what the forum looks up in the end?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2005, 04:03:06 PM
Rie just asked me if I knew how to make and impliment board graphics, to which I said no since to be honest, I really don't.

Navaria Tarkin
May 25th, 2005, 04:07:56 PM
She doesn't trust the staff here to admin the TSO forums.

We do that anyway for one, and two... the threads will still be archived here and closed so anyone from TSO can read them, with access to the private forums.

oy. I dont see what her problem is

Morgan Evanar
May 25th, 2005, 04:10:41 PM
What? She's going to have the EXACT same access rights at TSO as she does now.

Ok, I'm talking to her on AIM:

[18:11] iWhoSaysNi: Rie, do you want me to explain exactly how the archives are going to work?
[18:12] Rie: well, correct me if I'm wrong, but my understand and from Ogre's explaination, the archives are going to be a seperate board looking exactly like SWF, save everything will be locked on it... and the archived threads will be deleted from the main board... a link to the archive board will be placed on the main board
[18:13] iWhoSaysNi: That's pretty much correct, but if you like we could let you have identical permissions to do whatever you want with the old content.
[18:13] iWhoSaysNi: at TSO
[18:13] Rie: that would actually be very nice, thank you
[18:13] iWhoSaysNi: everyone is going to have the same access masks
[18:13] iWhoSaysNi: etc
[18:13] iWhoSaysNi: it's going to be identical, we just need to seperate the old posts for performance reasons
[18:14] iWhoSaysNi: I'm sure you've noticed the board crawls lately
[18:14] Rie: yeah, I'm noticed... I have no problem with archiving... I just didn't like the idea of being locked out of my threads is all
[18:15] iWhoSaysNi: ok
[18:15] Rie: I've*
[18:16] Rie: thank you for checking on me and making sure I understood what was going to happen with the archives... and thank you for the identical permissions
[18:16] iWhoSaysNi: ok
[18:16] Rie: I think I'm starting to see some sunshine through the clouds :)
[18:17] iWhoSaysNi: We're not doing archiving because we want to per se
[18:17] iWhoSaysNi: I just want you to realize it's because the board is going to crash if we don't
[18:18] Rie: I understand... a server is like a hard drive... over-fill it and it just doesn't perform anymore
[18:18] iWhoSaysNi: overfill and its gonna start getting errors, exactly

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2005, 05:31:48 PM
IDIOTS ALL OF THEM

please let me ban Rivin

Navaria Tarkin
May 25th, 2005, 05:35:53 PM
technically Rivin and Natia should since they posted they were leaving ...

Morgan Evanar
May 25th, 2005, 06:20:32 PM
Same person

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2005, 06:49:23 PM
ah well I guess we can't, but it was a nice thought. And they're not the same person, they just live together or something.

Morgan Evanar
May 25th, 2005, 06:55:00 PM
[20:50] Rie: do you by chance know of any nifty program that can transfer threads from one BB to another?
[20:51] Morgan Evanar: most board systems come with them
[20:51] Rie: ok... only reason i asked is cause I emailed vB already and they have software to transfer TO vB but not out of vB
[20:51] Morgan Evanar: most also require that you have db access
[20:52] Rie: I'm checking with Invision to see if perhaps they can pull stuff from vB boards or not
[20:52] Morgan Evanar: they all can but generally speaking you need DB access
[20:52] Rie: what is DB?
[20:52] Morgan Evanar: which if you want DB access the answer is probably no
[20:52] Morgan Evanar: database
[20:53] Rie: how does one get db access?
[20:53] Morgan Evanar: -_-
[20:53] Morgan Evanar: rie
[20:53] Rie: what? it's a QUESTION
[20:53] Morgan Evanar: You need the DB user name and password
[20:54] Rie: oh, ok
[20:54] Rie: anyways, have to go home now
[20:54] Rie: bye
[20:54] Morgan Evanar: ok drive safe

what the fuck.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 25th, 2005, 07:00:27 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
IDIOTS ALL OF THEM

Vega Van-Derveld
May 26th, 2005, 10:10:21 AM
Originally posted by Southstar
I really don't think this reset idea is going to happen, personally. It's got some steam now, but within two weeks I think everyone will be all excited about something new.

:mad

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2005, 12:08:29 PM
We have a date for the reset, yes?

Morgan Evanar
May 26th, 2005, 01:31:20 PM
It happens as soon as the archives and listing cleanup right?

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2005, 02:14:44 PM
Which is?

I'd move the forums around myself, but... I can't. :D

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 02:41:28 PM
we need to set a time for all the forums to figure out what they are going to do to their forums and implement it. Aka- descriptions, banners.. buttons.. all the stuff.

Southstar... :: sigh ::

Another point i'd like to address is .... the sith order being backed by palpatine? wtf....

point of the reset was to start anew and keep things intact that can fit with the new plotline but that makes no sense and I know there are more then me who do not approve. Is there anyway that we can approach Rie without having her go meltdown again o_o I just dont wanna do anything public cuz that will be a fire i don't wanna start. Granted, I have a feeling it's going to end up not making sense with TSO's backstory regardless but wanted to bring it up

Morgan Evanar
May 26th, 2005, 02:46:21 PM
. Is there anyway that we can approach Rie without having her go meltdown again o_o I just dont wanna do anything public cuz that will be a fire i don't wanna start.No :(
Which is?

I'd move the forums around myself, but... I can't. :D Hopefully this weekend.

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 02:51:23 PM
No :(

-_- well... i still think it needs to be addressed

Dasquian Belargic
May 26th, 2005, 02:53:21 PM
alright... do we have a clear cut set of reasons as to why TSO can't be palpatines secret little club? so I can go post them in the TSO locked forums... confine the dramabomb explosion to there

Morgan Evanar
May 26th, 2005, 02:54:36 PM
Because Palpy strictly adhered to the rule of two?

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 03:09:18 PM
Yep. Palpatine would have killed them all when he found out he had competition. Those that have power fear loosing it.

It's from the movie :|

anyway, do we wish to set a time for all the forums to be ready for the new board and layout?

TheHolo.Net
May 26th, 2005, 03:18:03 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
anyway, do we wish to set a time for all the forums to be ready for the new board and layout?
Hopefully this weekend....Is about as concrete a time as I can give. Archiving the forums could take 3 hours or it could take 300.

I will be making our host server cry like a baby the entire time, since creating a new DB out of the export of this one is going to really put it to the test in a big way. And then the pruning of this board is also going to make the server squeal. x_x

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2005, 03:24:44 PM
So we should tell people to expect severe downtime/lag/slowdown, and to have a fun time chatting on AIM?

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 03:24:44 PM
too bad we can't burp it :(

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 04:10:36 PM
Okay .. Ogies interjected between mine and Das' post where LV agreed to Drin's proposed idea he PMed me about. he said it was cool that LV know it was his idea .. here is what he suggested

and to remind everyone, this is happening in a locked forum at tso :p

There is no way that Palpatine would back --or even suffer the existance of-- a large group of Force sensitive cultists of any type, regardless of their moral leanings. His version of the Sith Code wouldn't allow it.

But I would buy that a small cult existed in secret, just without any real power. They studied Sith lore as well, but focused more on the teachings of Reven, Malak (from the KotOR game), and Exar Kun.

Now that both Darth Sidious and his apprentice are dead, the time is perfect for a Sith Reformation to occur. A new group could form that was more like the Sith of 1,000 years ago. No rule of two

so LV modified her backstory for TSO and I said it looked good without realizing Swfans posted and didn't hold back any punches that the staff is making her do things and about her entire attitude during the reset brainstorming.

so if LV goes nuts...well.. you know why. Ogies wanted me to give everyone a heads up since he is on his way home and wont be back for a few hours

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2005, 04:18:29 PM
Wait I'm confused. Ogre posted what?

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 04:25:40 PM
short and to the point .. he went off on Rie in the private forum at TSO

I should have just said that ^_^;

the medicine is making me loopy :(

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2005, 04:30:39 PM
Ah ok, that's what I thought you were saying, but wanted to be sure. ^_^;

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 04:36:42 PM
that's okay... I didnt know what the hell I said when i re-read what I posted. >_<

i still blame the medicine

Darth Viscera
May 26th, 2005, 04:39:34 PM
Just one thing though - in the EU Palpatine did back and suffer the existance of a large group of Force sensitives. Remember Dark Empire? Byss was chock full of Palpatine's adepts.

I disagree with Rie giving TSO Emperor Palpatine's personal endorsement too, because Palpatine is evil and badass unlike TSO, but there's got to be a different way of putting it. There's a big difference between Joe Darksider and "Cover your balls I think that guy's a Dark Lord of the Sith".

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 04:42:18 PM
But you said 'Adepts'

these people wouldn't be able to take power from Palpatine. having another Sith Master around... Palpatine wouldn't tolerate that at all.

Also, Dark Empire sucked on a personal level =P ugh..but that is besides the point.

LV didn't mind Drin's suggestion anyway and went with it.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2005, 04:45:10 PM
On another note, I managed to stop Rhea Kaylen from systematically bumping up all of her threads. She thought that all posts older than 6 months were all being deleted. >_<

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 04:45:47 PM
do people not read? Archive does not = delete

Darth Viscera
May 26th, 2005, 04:50:13 PM
these people wouldn't be able to take power from Palpatine. having another Sith Master around... Palpatine wouldn't tolerate that at all.

I agree. Maybe we could suggest to Rie that Palpatine tolerated them as adepts.

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 04:52:09 PM
Originally posted by Darth Viscera
I agree. Maybe we could suggest to Rie that Palpatine tolerated them as adepts.

:lol

no, most are retaining rank like LV.

Morgan Evanar
May 26th, 2005, 05:30:16 PM
...Is about as concrete a time as I can give. Archiving the forums could take 3 hours or it could take 300.

I will be making our host server cry like a baby the entire time, since creating a new DB out of the export of this one is going to really put it to the test in a big way. And then the pruning of this board is also going to make the server squeal. x_x Hahha yeah, with the size of our tables and VB's retarded nature it's going to be an interesting ride.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2005, 05:34:30 PM
As far as restructuring the group forums, how is that going to be arranged?

Will the CIS forums be archived and gone completely? (With no Hera...??) I don't mind the Ciz forums being archived and deleted. Charley might - but they aren't being used.

I know Harbingers and the Black Hand will be archived and deleted completely. They are not needed.

KA is going to be Onderon the planet/Cult of Freedon Nadd, and Sisters is going to be Black Sun. We're cool with being subforums under one heading, although I don't know what the heading would be.

Should we put the Rebellion and the Empire under the same heading?

So:
Jedi Forums (formerly GJO)
Sith Forums (TSO)
Empire/rebellion
-empire forums
-rebellion forums
Black Sun/Dark Jedi
-Black Sun (formerly Sisters)
-Cult of Freedon Nadd/Onderon (formerly KA)

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 06:10:33 PM
if not .. the rebellion could always be listed with the Jedi since all of them are outlaws from the Empire.

I dunno since Black Sun and the Dark Jedi mainly work behind the scenes...

The Dark Mosaic or something.. since Dark signifies Black and the Dark Jedi.. Mosiac encompases intricate and complicated dealings... and it might kinda sound cool?

or could be talking out of my ass

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2005, 07:14:02 PM
I like it!

... er, not your ass, the name. ;)

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 08:16:26 PM
:(

Holly doesn't like my ass :cry

Morgan Evanar
May 26th, 2005, 08:33:08 PM
Well I like your ass.

Navaria Tarkin
May 26th, 2005, 08:48:32 PM
:love

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2005, 01:09:55 AM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
:(

Holly doesn't like my ass :cry

That isn't what I said! I just meant that in that paticular instance I was referring to the name!!

:\

TheHolo.Net
May 27th, 2005, 07:22:40 AM
Yay!!! The LV dramabomb didn't explode.

Morgan Evanar
May 27th, 2005, 07:23:47 AM
GO BOO oh thank the Force.

TheHolo.Net
May 27th, 2005, 10:58:59 AM
Second "owned" vB license purchased.

Morgan Evanar
May 27th, 2005, 02:57:41 PM
I know it looks like crap in IE but the Grevious set is ready if you have mozilla. Anyone know if it behaves ok in opera?

Navaria Tarkin
May 27th, 2005, 03:37:17 PM
That isn't what I said! I just meant that in that paticular instance I was referring to the name!!

:\

:lol you are silly

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2005, 04:13:24 PM
:D I try