PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Ord Torrenze

Symon Nord
May 19th, 2005, 08:53:40 AM
The Battle of Ord Torrenze

'Okay settle down ,settle down, we have a class today and i have a meeting with Professor Yunan at six so i have very little time to- Nigel, listen will you?'

'Sorry Sir, but Jern was-'

'Good, now today, as i had promised in last weeks lesson, i would read an account from a book written quite some time ago, back in the day of the Old Republic actually and i know many of you have looked forward to this.' Professor Arin said with a shifty eye towards a pupil who’s eyes were dilated and her face full of awe towards him.

He had known for quite some time that Filla had 'liked' him and whenever she was in History of the Republic she would gaze at him lovingly for the entire 3 hour lesson, it was quite distracting, though satisfying that such a pretty girl would look at him in such a way.

'Now, uh, yes, The Battle of Ord Torrenze ' the class sighed in a uninterested manner in unison as they always did, they thought this lesson to be perhaps the most uninteresting of all classes, and so, it would seem did the majority of the college. 'I shall begin reading, with or without your concentration. But let it be known that this story is perhaps the most bravest and the most proud of all Old Republic stories and by the end of it you will no longer be uninterested. Here we go'

'It is difficult to know where to start telling this tale. I was simply a boy at the time as thus i cannot remember all the damn details, but something charged my life, even then, at the age of fourteen i can remember two faces in particular, two faces i will always remember till the day i die, though their names i never knew...they saved my life...they saved my life.

Ord Torrenze, Republic Command Post, 0600 Hrs.

The hatch opened so quickly the the troops inside the drop ship hardly had time to adjust to the blazing light before having to exit the ship. Rifle in hand each soldier jumped from the carriage to the ground and onto the soft dirt. Around them other drop pods did the same and one by one each squad came together to form a battalion.

Symon was nothing more than a grunt, infact he had only been conscripted into the Republic army a few weeks ago and was already on his first tour, no time for basic training it seemed and thus was not battle ready at all, he was green, you could see it his hands didn’t hold the gun well at all and his eyes were shifty and nervous.

A good two thirds of these soldiers were green, rookies pulled out of training way to early in an attempt to put men on planets where there were little already. The reason for this was unknown, if the planet was attacked these guys would be sorely under trained enough to not be able to defend such a place.

'Okay guys, listen up.' It was the Sarge, a man of respect around the group and in a matter of flight hours aboard the ships he had gained a lot of respect within the hearts of the men already.

'Sarge- oh what was his name? i cant remember but he was a stout fellow with very little hair'

'I want you all to head to the barracks, get some sleep, and get your kit into order, at 1800 hours i want you all in the Hall for briefing of duties, Understood?'

A yes sir in unison sounded. Symon looked around, he knew no one and no one knew him, he was alone, much different from the training core, he got to know people, friends, but they had been taken somewhere else and he, the odd one out unsurprisingly had been sent elsewhere. Back to square one and his father had always said he would meet new friends, codswallop.

With gun in hand and in toe of the rest of the troops, Symon followed the crowed, as he had always done in his life.