PDA

View Full Version : A real life panning

Leten Snat
May 19th, 2005, 12:35:13 AM
This actualy happened today at my work. I though I should share this here.

For those that don't know, I work as a dishwasher at a restrauant. The day was going rather slow and most of us were just taking our time with our work since we still had 1.5-2 hours left and things really wouldn't take that long. One of the people in the restrauant started yelling as the server,

"I want to see the cook! Show me the F**king cook!"

everybody heard that much, even me and I was in the far back of the kitchen with a loud dish machine running. The cook goes out and asks the guy what the problem is. The guy then starts yelling,

"Quit trying to drug me! I won't let you drug me! you things from neptune will never get me! I'll kill you!"

By this time the hostess is calling the cops as the man pulls out what I think was a switchblade style skinning knife and charges at the cook, who quickly turns and sprints back into the kitchen, with the man close on his heels weilding this nasty looking knife.

The two of them do two laps around the kitchen and by that time I had come to my sences and accualy realised what was going on, so I picked up the BIG Rolling pin that had just come out of the machine, and whent to help our cook, not really knowing what I would do if I caught up. but by the time I did catch up, I saw the cook grabbing the 18 inch cast iron frying pan (with another 18 inches of handle) off the gas stove, fried veggies and oil included, smack the guy in the face with it (veggie side first) knocking the guy senceless. four of us then sat on the stunned man till the cops showed up 3 min later.

It was really frighting, and I had to clean up the oil and veggies that were thrown across the kitchen, while the cook went and asked nicely for a few customers be understanding about him using their dinner as a weapon. I'm just happy to be alive and that things didn't turn out worse than they did.

Cat Terrist
May 19th, 2005, 12:55:40 AM
I approve of this. A lot :D

Lion El' Jonson
May 19th, 2005, 05:06:51 AM
That must have been frightening, but your description is awesome. ^_^;

Master Yoghurt
May 19th, 2005, 05:16:09 AM
A REAL LIFE FORCE FRYING PAN!! :eek

Alpha
May 19th, 2005, 07:13:32 AM
Wow...:) That would be vaguely frightening, but the panning was awesome!

Leten Snat
May 19th, 2005, 09:08:12 AM
Looking back at it, it does seem kinda cool, but in a scarry way. My brother figures that the guy was likely from the near by mental hospital and something got him off his medication.

If that is the case then his story about the people from neptune trying to drug him doesn't seem to far out of this world. As my brother pointed out, The hospital is supplied by Neptune Food Services Inc. and at the hospital his medication would be givin to him with his food. All it would takes is for him to figure out that whenever he sees the Neptune truck outside, a little while later his food and meds show up.

I'd have to say that the most frightning part was me thinking what if he comes after me in the dish pit? I have no place to run.

Lion El' Jonson
May 19th, 2005, 09:33:17 AM
Originally posted by Leten Snat
I'd have to say that the most frightning part was me thinking what if he comes after me in the dish pit? I have no place to run.

I'd like to believe that you'd have gouged out his eyes, torn out his heart, eaten his lungs and drunk his warm, pulsating blood...but hey, maybe you would have just used the rolling pin. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
May 20th, 2005, 12:12:59 AM
Awesome! Glad it all turned out okay though. :D

AmazonBabe
May 20th, 2005, 12:12:08 PM
Once again, the pan saves the day! :rollin

Glad this story had a happy ending. :)

Hart
May 26th, 2005, 10:33:15 PM
Maybe the cook deserved it. Cheeky Neptunian bastard.

But it's sorta sad that this guy was so mentally ill. But then again, why the heck are people bringing a guy like that to a restaurant?