http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3023

Perfect :D

Dasquian Belargic
May 18th, 2005, 11:43:39 AM
:lol awesome. he really fits the role.

still not so sure about Vinnie playing Juggernaut :|

JMK
May 18th, 2005, 11:56:14 AM
I think the look will be ok, but holy smokes is it ever going to be tough taking him seriously. I mean, come on now, it's FRASIER CRANE!!!!

Dasquian Belargic
May 18th, 2005, 12:04:19 PM
From what I've seen of Hank in the cartoons/comics, he's a pretty funny guy anyway. His personality has similarities with the Frasier Crane character.

Pierce Tondry
May 18th, 2005, 12:12:29 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I think the look will be ok, but holy smokes is it ever going to be tough taking him seriously. I mean, come on now, it's FRASIER CRANE!!!!

See also: Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier.

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2005, 12:39:53 PM
Wow I can see it though it does fit as Beast is a very intellectual character. Looks like they are talking about the girl from Lost who plays Shannon, although I think Lilly from Lost looks more like Kitty but I could live with it.

Morgan Evanar
May 18th, 2005, 12:45:26 PM
Oh man, that's awesome! McCoy always was an intellectual badass with a mouth at heart and a penchant for quoting good literature.

JMK
May 18th, 2005, 01:14:30 PM
Originally posted by Pierce Tondry
See also: Patrick Stewart as Charles Xavier.

You've made a good point, although I think it was easier to visualize Stewart as Xavier because he was the one and only rumored guy for over a decade, plus Picard is similar in nature to Xavier.

Crane and McCoy? Aside from PhD's, I don't think they have much in common but I think Frasier will do a good job just the same.

Loki Ahmrah
May 20th, 2005, 04:36:07 AM
This is excellent casting. I never would have predicted it but I can't think of anyone better to do the job. Things are looking up although I still have reservations, like Jen, about the casting of Vinnie Jones.

Jinn Fizz
May 20th, 2005, 07:25:20 AM
Wow, I never would have guessed Kelsey Grammer, never would have thought of him, but after having seen the news, I think he fits the role perfectly. :)

Hart
May 26th, 2005, 10:49:19 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't have even thought of Kelsey Grammer, but he's going to do an awesome job. I wonder if he's going to mostly be digital though. I can't see him doing the stunts or having the build for Beast.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2005, 01:16:37 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
Wow I can see it though it does fit as Beast is a very intellectual character. Looks like they are talking about the girl from Lost who plays Shannon, although I think Lilly from Lost looks more like Kitty but I could live with it.

Maggie Grace as Kitty Pryde? Could work. :)

Draken Chakara
May 27th, 2005, 09:50:02 AM
Hart... quick, off-topic question. The guy in your avatar is The Question, right? Who is he suppsed to be, and what are his powers, if any? I've been curious for a while now.

imported_Tarsis
May 27th, 2005, 11:47:14 AM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
:lol awesome. he really fits the role.

still not so sure about Vinnie playing Juggernaut :|

As far as Kelsey Grammer playing Beast, he'll do fine. I also think Vinnie will do fine at playing Juggernaut, but I dont see how their going to beef him up to look like ol Jugg head, ya know? Juggernaut is a big BIG man and let's face it, Vinnie isn't the biggest kid on the play ground.

JMK
May 27th, 2005, 11:54:28 AM
Well he's 6'2". I don't know where else you'll find a bigger guy that will be able to pull off the role...

imported_Tarsis
May 27th, 2005, 12:03:15 PM
What I meant by that was how built Juggernaut is. He's quite the wall of muscels.

Jedi Master Carr
May 27th, 2005, 12:23:48 PM
Cain Marko wasn't that big probably about the same size as Vinnie. It was when he had the Jewel of Carnock (sp) that made him that size. Since I am guessing they are getting rid of the jewel stuff (I don't see how they can fit a magic element into the story). I am guessing Juggernaut will be a suit built by someone and Vinnie will wear it, It will be huge no question about it but it will be more mechanical, IMO. Of course they could make him a mutant and do something with it in that direction. I guess we will have to wait and see what they do. As for the Question, I think he is a DC comic book character. I know I have seen him twice in Justice League Unlimitive, but have no idea what his powers are, he seems more like someone trying to uncover a conspiracy but I could be wrong about that.

Hart
May 27th, 2005, 02:30:10 PM
Originally posted by Draken Chakara
Hart... quick, off-topic question. The guy in your avatar is The Question, right? Who is he suppsed to be, and what are his powers, if any? I've been curious for a while now.

I think his powers are a little mysterious and some writers have written them in different ways, but I think, generally, his "powers" consist of "seeing" clues and patterns where they may or may not really exist. The chemical gas he inhales when he becomes the Question is supposed to put him in a drugged state. Some think he's just a delusional conspiracy-theorist, others think he actually is attuned to some otherworldly power that he can communicate with.

A lot of the time, he's also given some pretty advanced fighting abilities, and I don't know where that comes from. I read the first two issues of his latest mini-series, but it didn't really explain that much. I think it's meant to be uncertain whether he has any real superhero powers or not.

Draken Chakara
May 27th, 2005, 03:58:27 PM
Good to know. As for Juggernaut, they could simply make him a bit smaller than in the comics. The sorta did that with sabretooth. He was big, but in the comics, he's HUGE. They could always do some CGI tricks like they did with Michael Clark Duncan in The Green Mile.