PDA

View Full Version : Having a talk (closed, Navaria)

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 09:09:56 PM
Wei walked into Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill for the first time in a long long time. He nodded to the bar tender who simply smiled back at him as if to say "Good to see you've come out of the woodwork."

Though Yog's was always crowded, Wei felt like anyone could come in and have a very intimate conversation and no one else would even notice. Sometimes having lots of noise around you made it just that much easier to keep a secret than with silence and secrecy.

The Jedi Knigt took a seat in one of the corners and ordered a water from the droid to have something with which to occupy himself while he waited for his Master to arrive.

Navaria Tarkin
May 16th, 2005, 09:32:10 PM
He felt her presence before actually seeing his Master. When he lifted his head to take notice, Navaria was already halfway across the room with the hood drawn over her head. She was wearing her longer, more formal, Council robes but still the colors were exactly the same as she always worn. All browns and tans.

As she made her final approach to Wei's table, she pulled back the hood with both hands. A smile graced her face, "I'm pleased you wish to talk with me here instead of your quarters as usual."

Navaria pulled out a chair to join her former student. "I would have hoped this would have been under better circumstances but you are troubled. The tone in your voice spoke much of this in the Council chambers earlier."

Before Wei could respond, a serving droid came by and placed the Knight's favorite drink on the table. A namana juice. It tickled the Jedi, "I don't even have to ask anymore. Do I?"

It whistled happily in response that she was correct.

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 09:48:06 PM
Wei chuckled a little. "Well, yeah. I think the move to the top floor was good. But I wanted to get out today."

Wei shifted uncomfortably in his seat, just like he was sure he had done several times as a Padawan. "I'm sorry to see that Krogen didn't make the rank of Knight."

Navaria Tarkin
May 16th, 2005, 09:52:27 PM
She narrowed her eyes a bit curiously, thinking of the words Wei left out in his comment. "It is unfortunate. I agree. Not all are ready to be Knighted but eventually, they end up earning that honor."

Her fingers laced around the cool glass of juice, "However, I sense that there is something else bothering you. Why are you so troubled by your Padawan?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 10:11:32 PM
"Well, I'm his teacher. I feel like his lack of preparation is partly my fault. Did I leave something out? Was there a technique I failed to teach him or some sort of moral lesson or word of wisdom I left out?"

All the words came out in a rush. His heart was bounding around in his chest and his eyes stung. His hands trembled, too. "My Padawans reflect my teaching skills. Don't they?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 21st, 2005, 08:20:31 AM
"They do to a certain extent," she agreed, "but also, every Padawan is different and it is up to them to take that knowledge and grow from it."

The Knight reached across the table and place her hand over Wei's. She felt him trembling so much that it was a jolt up the length of her arm. "All you've been doing is questioning yourself. That is good until it becomes an obsession."

Wei Wu Wei
May 22nd, 2005, 11:52:20 AM
Wei took a deep breath and sipped some water. "I know, Master. I know. But lately I feel like I've become stagnant in the Force. I feel like I've been hitting my head against a duracrete wall. As for living the Jedi code, well, I've not been finding much peace. Everything I do feels like a chore, like an annoyance. I can hardly think about training Padawans or even Council sessions without growing irritable and impatient. Maybe that's why I'm so upset about Kyle. I was wanting it to be a real quick get in, get out kind of meeting."