PDA

View Full Version : Not able to convince your boss to take May 19th off?

Lady Vader
May 16th, 2005, 10:44:11 AM
Here's your excuse letter (http://www.geeksquad.com/content/absentee/work.html)!

And may you never suffer any fatal hamster attacks. :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 16th, 2005, 11:24:40 AM
I'm being a good girl and just going straight from college to the cinema :p

Master Yoghurt
May 16th, 2005, 11:40:42 AM
That thing is hilarious! Every employee should have anti hamster repellents for situations like these ;)

Dalamar
May 16th, 2005, 12:13:03 PM
Im sure going to be tired before work thats all I know. Whoot, Whoot..!!!:D

Lady Vader
May 16th, 2005, 01:28:55 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I'm being a good girl and just going straight from college to the cinema :p

You? A good girl?? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:p :hug

(Thanks for fixing the linky :) )

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 16th, 2005, 04:40:51 PM
Sadly I don't think my manager will by that, seeing as how I've been complaining that I'm not going to be able to see the midnight showing of EP III cause it's on while I'm at work. But one good thing, I'll then have two days to go and see it before I go back to work.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 16th, 2005, 07:04:12 PM
Actual conversation:

Me: Hey boss, I'm going to be worthless on thursday, because I'm watching Episode III on a midnight showing.

Boss: Better get a power nap or two and charge up your midichlorians.

He later talked about helping his son create a real leather holster for his Han Solo costume :cool

I love my job sometimes.

Lady Vader
May 16th, 2005, 07:36:33 PM
:lol

I just told my boss I was taking half a day on Tuesday, all day on Wednesday and Thursday, and half a day on Friday.

He told me to have fun, may the Force be with me, to take lots of pictures... and he wished he could be there.

Hell, today, he started blasting his Bose radio when they started playing the Star Wars symphony. My boss is cooool. :)

Lorani T'sava
May 16th, 2005, 08:18:17 PM
I wish the managers at Denny's would play Star Wars music, but they don't because they'd probably customers because they don't want to listen to Star Wars. If I'd been at Denny's longer, I would have taken the Night off of work, but I've only been there for little over a month.

Priscilla Sato
May 18th, 2005, 08:00:36 PM
Failing the friggin' driver's test sucks.

Failing it when you're older than sixteen really, really sucks.

Esp. when you have no other way in this world to get to the midnight showing of the greatest once-in-a-lifetime event ever to occur in the history of mankind.

*sobs mightily*

Please have fun, y'all. I hope it kicks as much tail as it promises to.

Shade Magus
May 18th, 2005, 08:41:53 PM
Actual conversation

Me: I want off for the 18th-31st

Boss: Why?

Me: Star Wars

Boss: Dial tone.

two days later i called back to make sure i had gotten the leave and turns out he thought i was joking. Luckily after that he put me in.

Liam Jinn
May 19th, 2005, 04:04:55 AM
I told my boss that I'd be going out of town for after I got off work Wednesday morning and I wouldn't be back til Thursday night...

Wasn't a bad plan til I got out of the theater and was greeted with a news camera in my face. Now I'm hoping my boss doesn't have the time to watch the news...

:\

imported_Bandage
May 19th, 2005, 09:11:28 AM
Fortunately, I just so happened to get the day off, and am planning to go with my wife, my little sister (age 15), and her boyfriend.

And I will save that letter, for I will probably need it later.....:lol

Morgan Evanar
May 19th, 2005, 09:22:52 AM
I'm working the afternoon.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 20th, 2005, 07:38:52 PM
Ok, the plan was to see it at 10PM, but after we got there and had stood in line for a bit, a couple guys were asking if somebody was willing to trade their 2 10PM showing tickets for 2 10:40 showing tickets plus $10. We decided that it would be worth $10 to wait 40 minutes so we traded with them.