PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed

Drake Shadowstalker
May 15th, 2005, 01:42:44 PM
Awesome movie let me tell you. I loved it. The fight scenes were stunning and the movie had a decent story behind it.

4/5!!!!

Morgan Evanar
May 15th, 2005, 03:16:59 PM
:( Could we have some details as to why it was good?

Navaria Tarkin
May 15th, 2005, 03:37:10 PM
There is a fight scene in the bathroom that was amazing. :D I'll leave it at that.

But on the plus side, there were actual plot points that made sense. Things weren't just thrown in there just because. Also, the girl who played the female lead actually looked and acted like a normal girl. Refreshing for a change.

only thing i didnt like was how easily his mental condition which took years only took months to undo. course, I swear Hoskins character said a month had passed in the movie, but I could be wrong. if that is the case oy... even worse.

that was my only complaint about the movie. otherwise, it was truly funny when i was suppose to be and Danny's backstory is very sweet and tragic at the same time :(

Shawn
May 15th, 2005, 07:59:54 PM
The first trailer I saw for this actually looked pretty good, but lately I've been kind of uncertain about it. Most Jet Li movies have been good popcorn flicks, but little more.

Jedieb
May 15th, 2005, 08:30:56 PM
I read a review of it today and it was pretty favorable. If you think about it, this could have easily been one of the dumber films in recent memory. The premise is rather silly. But from what I read, Hoskins and Freeman give the film a great deal of weight and Jet Li is always fun to watch. I don't think that's enough to convince my wife to see it, but I'll probably pick it up when it comes out on DVD.

Drake Shadowstalker
May 15th, 2005, 09:28:54 PM
You are correct, only a month elapsed from the time Danny was with Sam and Victoria and the time he was taken back to Hoskins. It does seem like more time would be needed for Jet Li's character to be changed but I can deal.

JMK
May 16th, 2005, 07:07:47 AM
I enjoyed this one very much. So far I've found 2005 movies to be extremely disappointing with the exception of Sin City, and now Unleashed.

Li's character is endearing as hell once Sam and Victoria get to work on him. And Hoskins is a total snake in the grass.

Draken Chakara
May 16th, 2005, 09:21:24 AM
Yeah... it's a really good movie. I liked it a lot. Jet Li actually acted in this movie, and I didn't think he was half-bad at it.

Navaria Tarkin
May 16th, 2005, 03:21:50 PM
Li was hysterical at some points

My mother was a whore!!!

:lol :lol :lol

Dasquian Belargic
May 16th, 2005, 03:23:16 PM
I haven't seen any ads for this over here... :huh

Drake Shadowstalker
May 16th, 2005, 09:22:50 PM
the whole ripe is good, and good is sweet was awesome. plus the ice cream part. woooot

JMK
May 17th, 2005, 07:15:12 AM
Yeah that was hilarious. Especially when the fight was happening in the grocery store and Li was just dealing with his fruit.

Drake Shadowstalker
May 17th, 2005, 10:05:47 PM
"This one is ripe."

Mu Satach
May 26th, 2005, 05:27:10 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
I don't think that's enough to convince my wife to see it, but I'll probably pick it up when it comes out on DVD.

Too bad, she's missing out on a really great little story behind the action.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 26th, 2005, 05:32:41 PM
I really liked this movie. It's a great, original story. Original to me, at least. ^_^;