PDA

View Full Version : Jak

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 15th, 2005, 07:49:29 AM
I've been watching this guy ever since he registered and expecting him to use a picture of Jak from the Jak games. Sure enough he did.

My question is this: is this considered plaguerising? I checked his profile, and to me it's just a future-fied version of how Jak is in Jak 2 & 3. And if so, is a warning needed to be issued? I already sent him a PM since his current avatar has Daxter in it, and I use Daxter for a character already.

Navaria Tarkin
May 15th, 2005, 09:46:10 AM
if a person is using the name and picture from a copyrighted liscense.. that isnt good and they would have to change it. If he wants to find another person to use as his image, he can certainly keep the name Jak.

Dasquian Belargic
May 15th, 2005, 09:47:38 AM
Is he playing his character like that in the game (same personality, background, etc), or does he just have the same name/image?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 15th, 2005, 09:49:59 AM
I'm not sure on the personality, but the background is a bit like Jak 2 & 3, only made to work for a future setting. I read his app for TSO, and he put in there that he travels with a little orange ferret.

Navaria Tarkin
May 15th, 2005, 09:50:49 AM
that ... is not so good then.

Morgan Evanar
May 19th, 2005, 09:34:29 AM
Has anyone sent him a PM?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 19th, 2005, 09:39:50 AM
To my knowledge, no. I was hoping another mod would do it since I've already PMed him about Daxter being in his original pic. I'll do it, but I just think it would be better if someone else did.

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2005, 03:24:56 PM
I have not done it for same reasons.... he obviously didnt take kindly to my PM about the GJO.. so could someone else do it

Morgan Evanar
May 19th, 2005, 03:30:45 PM
I'll do it.

Navaria Tarkin
May 19th, 2005, 03:55:53 PM
thanks fewdy

Morgan Evanar
May 19th, 2005, 08:26:57 PM
I'm not overly familiar with the Jak & Dexter game series, but there are other members of the forums who are.

Unfortunately, your Jak character is basically an exact copy of Jak made to fit in Star Wars. You even use Jak as your avatar. SW-Fans tries to ensure that both no copyrights are being violated and that each character is the creators.

Per section III. A-1 of the SW-Fans FAQ:

Character names must be original. For instance, if your register as “Princess Leia” you would be not be original. Roleplayers who register copyrighted names, or anything which is unoriginal will be warned and assisted in changing their account name. Jak is a common enough name to use, but you need to use a different avatar/image and think up a new background.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2005, 06:04:15 PM
I hate to say it, but I think another PM is going to have to be sent. I'll send it this time though, unless someone REALLY REALLY wants to :p

Reason this time is that he's using Inu-Yasha, and unless Zeke changed his character claim for Inu, then so on and so forth, blah blah blah, yada yada yada.

:)

Morgan Evanar
May 27th, 2005, 05:45:33 AM
Has this clown responded to anyone else's PMs? He hasn't from mine.

If he hasn't, I think we should ban him. He clearly has no respect for this board, it's staff, or the rules.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 27th, 2005, 06:33:48 AM
Well, he never responded to the PM I sent him about Daxter being in his first avatar, but I did notice that he changed it immediately. Same with yours, Morg; went from using Jak to using the Clone Wars cartoon version of Anakin. Why he changed it to Inu-Yasha I have no clue, but thus far he's done everything we've asked, so I see no reason to ban him.

Navaria Tarkin
May 27th, 2005, 03:35:33 PM
maybe tag in the PM to PM us back so we make sure that he got them? Perhaps for whatever reason, he doesnt feel it necessary to write back. :huh

Lilaena De'Ville
May 28th, 2005, 05:05:23 PM
as a note: I have told Jak not to post in closed threads, deleted a post by him from a storytelling thread ( http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38384 ) as requested by Vice, and told Jak that if he posts uninvited into a closed thread again he would get a formal warning from the staff.