PDA

View Full Version : Corin's Quarters (Mistress Tarkin)

imported_Corin Zetith
May 12th, 2005, 12:19:29 PM
Corin had just finished unpacking his belongings. The task had taken only about an hour or so. It was long enough for him to place his clothes next to the refresher station and to set his few personal items around the room. There were some datacards with pictures of his mother and niece on them which he placed in the center of his small dining table. An ancient looking nerf-hide bound journal was set next to the cards. He spread out his emerald jeid robes on the bed and clipped his lightsaber to a hook on the wall. He opened a link to his astromech.

"Sketch, run systems checks on the Viela and then shut her down for storage. Give any data of parts requiring repairs to the dock coordinator, or the nearest shop junkie. Then you can power down up here to recharge."

Sketch replied with an offended toodle.

"Well, fine then. It's not that I think you incaple Sketch, but I just thought you might want some help, the ship is in pretty bad shape."

Corin obviously had made matters worse with his extremely offended and sensitive artoo unit. He cut the link right as Sketch let out an extremely annoying and earsplitting skrreeeeech!

"Stubborn tub of bolts!"

Corin walked to the plexiglass view of Coruscant's cityscape and gazed out towards the endless builidings and traffic lanes. The peaceful silence was broken by a very loud growl from his stomach and he realized he hadn't eaten in almost 12 hours! He went to the food prep unit and made himself a potrtion of synthsteak with some juri juice to wash it down. Not the most delicious meal, but he didnt care. When he had time he thought perhaps he would order ingredients delivered to the academy to make some real food.

Corin finished his dinner and sat back to ejoy the comfort of his new surroundings. He eventually began to fiddle with the binding on his notebook until he decided to actually be constructive and write a little. He opened the journal and began:

Corin Zetith, Log: 2:03 standard galactic time, Thursday:

I have begun my journey as a padawan learner, and what better way to start this entry, or series of entries, than with the Code of the Jedi:

"There is no emotion, there is only peace.
There is no ignorance, there is only knowledge.
There is no passion, there is only serenity.
There is no death, there is the force."

I, Corin Zetith, believe that through intensive training, I will come to hold these statements of the Code as true. I will not let my emotions of things in the past, present, or future, become involved with my training. I will feel peace. I will not display ignorance, only knowledge. Where knowledge is lacking, I will question, and research, I will quell all ignorance and replace it rather with determination and inquisitiveness. I will not let my passions control me, physically or mentally. I will practice composure of my thoughts and will obtain serenity. Lastly, I will not fear death. Through my studies and practices I will become one in the force. This I vow. This I will do.

Corin closed the notebook just as a knock resounded from the doorway.

"Come in, the door is open......."

Navaria Tarkin
May 15th, 2005, 10:39:22 AM
The door opened with a swoosh and Navaria walked inside with hands behind her back, first taking note of the newly accepted Padawan's surroundings. She curiously looked at the journal and a light smile graced her lips when she saw the pictures of Corin's family. Eventually her gaze returned to her hopeful student and the half empty dishes that held his dinner.

"I did not mean to disturb you while you were eating." Her tone was apologetic. "I could return at a more convenient time for you."

The Knight was dressed in more traditional robes. A dark brown outer robe covered up the tan inner one she was wearing.

imported_Corin Zetith
May 15th, 2005, 09:11:16 PM
"Mistress Tarkin. It is so nice to see you."

Corin stood and gave a bow to Navaria. Then he motioned towards his very worn journal on the table.

"I was just writing out some thoughts. You have not inconvenienced me in the slightest. I finished my meal before you came."

Corin was pleasantly surprised to see someone else so soon after he had settled in. He was a bit embarassed since he had not cleaned up his meal so he hastily packed the dishes into the food preps disposal bin and then tried to accomodate his guest.

"Please, take a seat, Mistress."

"Would you care for a drink perhaps? I have water and uh...........water." He smiled

"ice too perhaps?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 15th, 2005, 09:30:44 PM
She had returned his bow and raised an eyebrow at the Padawan hastily cleaning up. Corin was trying a bit too hard. There was no need. "Water is fine. Thank you and you needn't worry about appearances. I did come unannounced after all."

Navaria navigated the eating area and picked a chair, "May I?"

imported_Corin Zetith
May 16th, 2005, 04:08:01 PM
Corin nodded in uinderstanding of her statement and decided to breath

"Yes, of course."

The padawan brought a glass of water to her and placed in front of the chair which she had indicated. He sat down with his own cup as well.

"So, why the unexpected visit albiet the much appreciated visit?"

Navaria Tarkin
May 16th, 2005, 09:16:37 PM
"Thank you," she replied after receiving the water.

"Curiosity, I'm afraid." She chuckled at her admission, "You were once a student here at the Order. I wanted to know why you came back personally."

The Knight took a sip from the glass, helping to ease the dryness in her throat. "What is said on paper is not always the entire story. In short..." she shrugged, "I wish to know about Corin Zetith's return from his own lips."

imported_Corin Zetith
May 22nd, 2005, 06:49:47 AM
Corin drank some water to clear his throat, he wasnt sure whether or not he should tell the long or short of it. He decided for new company's sake to go with the latter.

"Well, I have been gone in and out for almost three years now. to be honest, I don't really know why. It is amazing what three years can do to a person.
When I left the Order, I was only a spoiled surviving member of a rich Naboo family. I lead quite the sheltered life when i was younger. uponj my family's murder, and the months afterwards, I thought I could simply walk into this training, become a Jedi, and that would be that; just like the holodramas. I would become a guardian of the Force an all life in the universe and bring justice to the being who destroyed my life. It was not until I had experienced the 'real' universe in multiple different starsystems that I began to learn it is much bigger and more complicated then prep schools on Naboo. I am someone of a new man I suppose, the same person physically but much more.......how would I say it?...........matured i suppose."

Corin left off in his rambling to appreciate what Mistress Tarkin had to offer.