PDA

View Full Version : Obi Wan Kenobi? (Open)

The Cartographer
May 10th, 2005, 10:21:27 PM
Obi Wan Kenobi?

The inflections of the name when spoken had a poetic meter to them, as if an artisan had crafted the man's name upon christening. It would be a name the Cartographer would not soon forget. In the ageless being's ageless mind, the name found ample space to grow. To sprout roots, and leaves, and to enrich other thoughts into growth. Soon, a garden of epiphanies flourished in his mind's eye.

The sage had to stop walking for a moment. His four meter form stooped and settled onto haunches. Four sets of hands grasped an ancient wooden walking staff, bracing a long, arching back for support.

To the unfamiliar, the Cartographer would seem some curious cross between an old man and a beast of burden. His great size, long mane, and broad, thick-skinned snout looked like some arcane husbandry between a dewback, and one of the great equine beasts of Ithor. His six appendages sprouted from his trunk like the legs of an AT-TE, but moved with a serene motion that belied no menace. A long, fleshy tail swayed in his wake, as if sweeping the ground clean for passers-by he did not know. Age-dried skin was adorned over every inch with curious brands and tattoos; the strange geometries and calligraphies of those who knew their meanings.

The wind blew, tossing blonde and grey locks from the creature's blue eyes. It was a warm wind, carrying with it the vigor of binary stars' embraces.

This was a planet he knew of. This, was Tattooine. It sat at a great galactic precipice, at the gateway of everything and nothing. For over a thousand years, it was known to him only in a book. That which the one before him had written. Seeing it, he was sure that pages were yet still to be written in that very same book.

Of course, it was not the knowledge inherent in books that brought him to this desert planet. It was the spirit.

Obi Wan Kenobi

Considering it proper, the Cartographer resumed his way on the streets of Mos Espa. As he and the spirit both knew, Tattooine was but simply a gateway. A gateway between here and there, but also a gateway between the wisdoms he knew, and the wisdoms he did not.

A seeker of knowledge is therefore a seeker of humility, and thus the Cartographer held himself prostrate to a long-deceased Jedi Knight - the guardian of knowledge he did not understand, but was beckoned to learn.

Wei Wu Wei
May 12th, 2005, 06:50:48 PM
Jedi Knight Wei Wu Wei stood in the middle of Mos Espa with a confused look on his face.

"Now what did I come here for?" he muttered to himself as he looked around.

It had been a few days ago when Wei got this sudden, urgent need to go to Tatooine. There was something there he was supposed to pick up, or someone he was supposed to talk to, or something. But now that he had arrived he was having a much more difficult time trying to remember what it was he was supposed to get, or who it was he was supposed to talk to, or whatever it was in the first place.

His face might as well been glistening with sweat. The salty drops caused the bridge of his nose to be slick and Wei found himself constantly moving his glasses from the tip of his nose to the bridge.

Wei walked along some more, looking around him for anything that might set of the switch in his mind that would connect the circuits and help him remember. Some of the sweat got into his eyes. The Jedi took off his glasses, rubbed his stinging eyes, and kept walking--right into someone coming the other way.

The Cartographer
May 14th, 2005, 11:14:28 PM
"Apologies for my carelessness."

Two wide hands braced against Wei's side to keep him from falling back, as a muzzled face swiveled to regard him.

"I fear I do not move with the rest of the throng's speed."

Wei Wu Wei
May 15th, 2005, 07:01:44 PM
Wei blinked and managed a clear enough view of the person who caught him. "No, it was my fault, really. I didn't think to stop when I was trying to clear my vision."

The Jedi stood on his own two feet and shook the person's hand warmly. "I appreciate the help, though."

Hands began patting pockets and folds on his person until the bespectacled human found a short length of fabric and tied it around his forehead.

"I'm glad I decided to bring this. Not sure how I wound up with it, but it helps keep the sweat out of my eyes."

"So, what brings you to Tatooine?"

Bullet
May 26th, 2005, 07:34:15 AM
''Ill tell you what brings me to Tatoonie. A bounty hunter that the Alliance is after. He has blue eyes blond hair and carries a blaster. I really hope you have seen him he is very very important to me and the Alliance. By any chance has he passed any of you by.?''Vice said as he stood twenty feet in front of the two.