View Full Version : Life is a beach.

Wei Wu Wei
May 9th, 2005, 10:39:30 PM
Wei Wu Wei had finally done it. He was gone. He was away from all the busy things that were bogging him down. No Padawans, no meetings, no agendas, no people. There was absolutely not another sentient being in his vicinity that he was aware of.

"Finally I can just relax and get somethings sorted out!"

It had started with a simply question about finding places to be alone. Wei figured that the Jedi would keep a list of locations like that for training and meditating purposes. And indeed they did. Wei had been directed to a planet with a warm climate and white sandy beaches. Wei had a one room shack with a matress on the floor and a thin sheet at night along with a small stove used for little more than boiling water.

Wei had spent his morning sleeping in, even though he went to bed early the night before. Now it was the early afternoon and the sun had made it around the tropical trees to shine down on the beaches themselves. The wind blew a soothing breeze and the Jedi Knight found himself almost humming a tune as he sorted through the inner mess that was his life.

Dae Jinn
May 10th, 2005, 10:35:29 PM
The wind blew a soothing breeze and the Jedi Knight found himself almost humming a tune as he sorted through the inner mess that was his life. If he listened closely, he could hear the anguished moan of a very unhappy Jedi padawan who had just arrived a small shack down the beach.

Daetana Jinn had wanted some time alone. Away from the GJO, away from her son (now older, but no less rambunctious) and some private time away from her..friend Lillian Snow. She had gotten a list of possible "vacation" spots from the Order - she should have known that this beach wouldn't be your usual resort destination.

She had arrived a few minutes earlier, only to discover her "shack" had no electricity, no indoor plumbing, and none of the comforts of home. A low groan came from her as she slumped on the small huts' porch.

"Just. Lovely."

Wei Wu Wei
May 11th, 2005, 07:17:15 AM
The wind teased Wei's ears with a low, mournful sound. At first Wei thought it was just the wind blowing through the trees . Then it happened again.

"Well if that isn't odd."

His curiosity piqued, he walked with quickened pace down the sandy strip. Even when he was trying to spend time to himself, Wei could not help his family's upbringing or his Jedi training. If there was danger or if someone was hurt, then Wei would help them.

It was always odd to Wei how he could keep on helping people and being a Jedi when he sure didn't feel like he was any good at it. Most days Wei felt pretty wretched. But naturally he was usually too busy to notice until he got home and went to bed.

A shack very similar to Wei's peaked at him from around the corner and he made his way around a clump of trees. A woman sat on the porch slimped against the wall.

"Are you all right?" Wei asked as he came closer to the small hut. "You're not hurt or anything, are you?"

Dae Jinn
May 11th, 2005, 11:20:29 PM
Her shoulders slumped once. Then she rose to her feet, an indignant look on her face as she turned to the male voice behind her.

"Do I look alright?! I'm stuck on this backwoods planet with no creature comforts! No, I'm not alright!"

Dae folded her arms across her chest , eyeing Wei up and down. "I'm not hurt, just...was expecting something more...homey."

Wei Wu Wei
May 12th, 2005, 07:26:35 AM
Wei looked at the small building. "Well, I suppose not. But it's got a roof that doesn't leak and walls that don't fall down when the wind blows."

The Jedi Knight peeked his head in the door and took a look around. "Oh, I've got a place similar to this one down the beach. I think it's great. Do you bring any food with you?"

If she did, then it was a simple matter of teaching the woman how to use it. If not, then there would be more to take care of than a simple lesson in small camping stoves.

Dae Jinn
May 13th, 2005, 08:06:55 PM
"No, I obviously did not bring food with me. Do I look like the type of girl who goes camping for fun and relaxation?"

She tapped the toe of her high-heeled shoe on the aged wood of the porch. Having expected a completely different type of vacation, she wasn't dressed for roughing it - black bikini top, cropped white trousers and heels. Her hair was pulled back, hidden underneath a silk scarf.

Wei Wu Wei
May 14th, 2005, 07:33:19 PM
Wei chuckled as took a good look at her. "I can tell. Are all your clothes like those? It ought to be a difficult time walking on the beach in those heels. Well, at least I expect it would be. I've never walked on the beach in high heels before."

Wei stretched a bit and walked to the steps of the porch. "Lucky for you I packed enough food for about two weeks. I wasn't sure how long I was going to stay, so I decided we'd see what happened in two weeks time. I guess we can make it one week and you can have meals with me. That is, if you don't mind."

Dae Jinn
May 14th, 2005, 07:45:48 PM
"Like I'm going to say no."

She rolled her eyes at the high-heel comment - typical male. She sighed, frustrated and shrugged.

"So, you were planning on staying here for two weeks, huh? Whatcha running from?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 15th, 2005, 06:55:08 PM
"Running? Yeah, I guess that is what I'm doing. I just wanted to get away from my Padawans and the usual Council work, that's all. Being a on the Jedi Council is more time consuming than you might think. Most people only know about Padawan promotions, but the Council handles much more than that."

Wei smiled and shrugged. "I like being able to guide the Order, but sometimes it's just a little bit much for me. What are you running from?"

Dae Jinn
May 15th, 2005, 10:51:43 PM
"Life in general."

A small frown formed on her glossly lips. "You know, I used to be a Sith. Life was fun, and there was always something going on. I join the Jedi, and life lost it's luster. Not that I don't love my son or my few friends, but it's not the same, you know?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 06:43:36 AM
Wei shrugged. "I suppose. But you know, life is only as enjoyable as you make it. I expect I would have gotten bored with the Jedi life myself if I hadn't decided to go out and make friends and utilize my training."

He smiled. "Let's go over to my place and I'l make you something to eat. Now that I think about it, life has sort of lost its luster for me as well. Sometimes you just need to have an adventure."

Dae Jinn
May 16th, 2005, 08:57:13 PM
"Okay."

Dae shrugged, taking Wei by the arm and following him down the beach, staying a step or two behind him.

"You know, it's hard to go out and "utilize" your training when you have no master."

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 09:04:23 PM
"That could be a problem," Wei said. He hoped he sounded calmer than he felt.

Wei walked arm in arm with Dae, trying to relax. He had been out of the social circle for a while. Normally Wei didn't mind such contact, as innocent as it was. But for some reason he couldn't help his heart feeling like it was going to explode in his chest.

"Well, some people train a little on their own." Wei's voice threatened to crack. He hoped it wouldn't.

Dae Jinn
May 16th, 2005, 09:33:55 PM
Dae raised a brow at him. "I suppose. I don't know, it's not like I've been trained *that* much, but the lightside is different than using the darkside of the Force. It's much harder."

She leaned in closer to him, getting a tighter grip on his arm as they continued on their way.

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 09:43:51 PM
Wei sighed, partly out of contemplation, partly out of an attempt to calm down, and partly because he was not used to so much attention.

"Well, I suppose so. My parents always taught me that nothing worth having ever came easily. And heck, just because things are more difficult, it doesn't mean they aren't fun or worthwhile. And that goes for all sorts of things. Careers, families, developing talents--"Wei paused a moment and in a much lower voice and a deep red face added to the list, "love."

Dae Jinn
May 16th, 2005, 09:52:14 PM
His red face and lowered voice was met with a flirtatious giggle.

"Awww, you're blushing! So adorable!"

She moved in front of him, taking his hands in hers, walking backwards. "Why are you blushing? Are you one of those "I have no feelings" Jedi?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 09:56:32 PM
"Well, uh," Wei stammered. "No. I'd like to think that I'm the type of Jedi that believes in handling emotions maturely so they don't develop into grudges and envies and the like."

Wei's arms tensed and he held her hands tightly. He was nearly scared to death. "I, well, I just, I mean, well, it's been a while since I've had much to do with women as far as love goes. I've been too busy to think about it."

Dae Jinn
May 16th, 2005, 10:05:52 PM
"Well, do you associate with women at all? You seem awfully nervous."

She tilted her head and smiled brightly. "I won't bite. Honest."

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 10:08:40 PM
Wei's first thought was What about claw, choke, or kick?

"I have a female Padawan and my former teacher is on the Council with me. But all that's business."

Dae Jinn
May 16th, 2005, 10:22:26 PM
"Okay, so you're not totally cut off from the female race. I'm going to assume you've had...relations before." "Hopefully" She thought, to herself. "So what's keeping you from, er, getting back into the swing of things? I'm sure there must be some young sinlge ladies at the Order who'd love a night out."

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 10:28:20 PM
"My wife disappeared a long time ago and after a lot of searching was declared legally dead. My last memories of her was watching her stumble into the Jedi bar and grill drunk to the point of vomiting and trying to pick a fight with every man there that was five times bigger than her."

Wei shut his mouth after he said that. He didn't want to bring it up, but it had somehow slipped. Well, he did come to the beach to work out some of that old stuff. Wei supposed it was going to be ironed out whether he liked it or not.

Dae Jinn
May 16th, 2005, 10:31:58 PM
"Oh."

Another frown, this one more serious then the last one.

"Well, those things happen. You just have to grieve, learn from it and move on. Sometimes things aren't meant to be."

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 10:33:35 PM
Wei nodded. "I know. But what if--ah, never mind."

Wei was about to ask what would happen if he did find another woman. Would she turn out the same as his previous wife? Maybe she would be worse. Maybe she would be the type to abuse illegal drugs or sleep around with other men.

"Oh, here's my place now. Let's go inside and I'll make lunch. It'll be cold, but good."

Dae Jinn
May 16th, 2005, 10:42:43 PM
She nodded and followed him inside his own tiny hut. She slipped off her shoes, taking a seat on the mattress on the floor.

Wei Wu Wei
May 16th, 2005, 10:46:38 PM
Wei bent over a pack full of food and retrieved a block of cheese, a stack of saltine crackers, a length of sausage, a jug of water, and two cups.

"It's not much, but it'll be enough. The man got up and went back to his pack to retrieve the knife he had forgotten there.

"We got crackers, cheddar cheese, and this is called a summer sausage. As long as it stays wrapped up it'll last for a very long time without refrigeration. Makes for a good snack-like food.

Wei demonstrated by slicing a bit of cheese from the brick and a bit of the sausage. He put it between two crackers and took a bite. "That's not too shabby. Here, try one for yourself," he said as he handed her the knife.

Dae Jinn
May 18th, 2005, 06:45:42 PM
"I know." She rolled her eyes and laughed. "Just because I don't camp doesn't mean I'm a complete princess. I know how to cook a little. And I think I can handle putting cheese and meat on a cracker."

She took the knife from him, putting it at him as she spoke. "I'm not some air-headed little girl who can't do anything, I just chose not to do certain things."

Wei Wu Wei
May 18th, 2005, 09:28:31 PM
Wei held up his hands as though a gun were pointed at him. "Sorry. I didn't mean to say you were no good at camping. I'm just trying to offer a bit of explanation. I don't know what you can and cannot do. But if you wanted to, you could tell me."

Dae Jinn
May 18th, 2005, 09:37:14 PM
"I can do anything you can do."

She cut a piece of cheese off the brick, popping it into her mouth.

Wei Wu Wei
May 18th, 2005, 09:40:14 PM
"Fair enough," Wei said. "Is there anything you think you can do that I can't?"

Wei meant this question as a fun way to tease Dae, not as a challenge. It wasn't until Wei was finished that he realized that the sentence could be taken either way. But it was too late. He would have to hope Dae took it well.

Dae Jinn
May 18th, 2005, 09:47:32 PM
"Hmmm, well, besides the obvious things, there might be one or two. I'm sure you can do somethings I can't."

Wei Wu Wei
May 18th, 2005, 09:49:16 PM
Wei shrugged and made another little sandwich. "I can only imagine," he chuckled, eating his food in two quick bites.

"Well, when shall we start learning about one another?"

Dae Jinn
May 18th, 2005, 09:54:13 PM
She took a bite of her own food. "What do you mean? And what did you want to know?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 18th, 2005, 09:58:03 PM
Wei shrugged. "Well, we can start with your name and what you like to do while at a beach."

Dae Jinn
May 18th, 2005, 10:02:02 PM
"Dae, and I like to sunbathe nude and swim at the beach. And you, Mr....?"

She ate another small bite of cheese, pulling her legs up underneath her.

Wei Wu Wei
May 18th, 2005, 10:04:34 PM
"Wei Wu Wei. But most just call me Wei. I like walking, swimming, and sitting in the shade."

The food was doing him some good. It kept him occupied enough to where he didn't flinch at her mentioning sunbathing nude.

"Well, how about after lunch is digested we go play on the beach?"

Dae Jinn
May 18th, 2005, 10:08:36 PM
"Sure."

She leaned back on his bed, yawning and stretching her arms above her head.

"I really need to work on my tan - artificial tans just aren't the same as the real thing."

Wei Wu Wei
May 18th, 2005, 10:11:47 PM
Wei moved to put the food away. "You finished eating?" he asked. "I guess natural tans and artificial tans would be different. I never really thought about getting a tan. Most of the time I just do a lot of stuff outside and the tan sort of just happens."

Dae Jinn
May 19th, 2005, 08:42:21 PM
"Yeah."

She let him take the food, standing and brushing off her bottom. "You're a man, I wouldn't expect to you know about tans, or heels, or stuff like that. That would just be....odd."

Wei Wu Wei
May 19th, 2005, 09:08:37 PM
"I suppose. But a married man might know a lot about that sort of thing. My wife never bothered with a tan or heels. She mostly just got drunk."

Wei put the food away along with his bad memories of his failed marriage and sat down on the edge of the matress.

"We didn't eat alot, but it would help to wait for our food to digest before we went in the water. In the mean time, we could make a sand castle, go for a walk, or whatever you want to do."

Dae Jinn
May 19th, 2005, 09:25:12 PM
"Oooh, whatever *I* want to do, huh?"

Dae leaned closer to Wei, trailing her fingers up his thigh, a sly smile on her face.

"Anything I want to do?"

Wei Wu Wei
May 19th, 2005, 09:29:31 PM
Wei leaned back to try to put some distance between Dae's face and his. "Uhhh...well," he stammered. "Depends on what you hand in mind. But uh, shouldn't somethings wait until after the first date?"

Wei didn't know what she had in mind. Part of him wanted to find out and part of him didn't. He'd soon see if she was going to tell him what she wanted or not."

Dae Jinn
May 19th, 2005, 09:33:51 PM
"Oooh! So you want to take me out on a date!"

She moved back slightly, giggling. Her hand still rested on his knee, but he could tell she had only been kidding.

Wei Wu Wei
May 20th, 2005, 09:45:00 AM
"Well, sure, I guess."

Wei stood and dusted himself off. "Well, let's go see what's out there."

He had no idea what they were going to do, but he figured it would all just come to him over time.

Dae Jinn
May 20th, 2005, 10:37:09 PM
Dae held a hand out to him, for help up off the floor. "Okay. Lead the way."

Wei Wu Wei
May 20th, 2005, 11:02:53 PM
Wei accepted the hand. It was small, soft, and cool to the touch. Wei liked it.

"Outside!" He said and even chuckled a little genuine chuckle as he stepped out into the sunlight. Way off to the right of the little shack was a rocky crag. "Let's go that way. I want to see what's there."