PDA

View Full Version : Question

Zereth Lancer
May 9th, 2005, 10:10:05 PM
I was strolling through the sith forum today and I noticed that Rivin is still updating his Bio in the The Databank. Now should Rivin be aloud to keep his bio in there? I don't think its really all that bad but I think it makes it look like he's still part of TSO, which he's not. So what I'm saying is; should Rivin be aloud to keep his Bio here in the TSO board?

Dasquian Belargic
May 10th, 2005, 04:05:50 AM
shouldn't really be there if he isn't part of TSO, no.

AmazonBabe
May 10th, 2005, 11:43:54 AM
Yeah, we'll have to break it to him/her gently that it needs to be removed/moved elsewhere.

On a side note... Dasq... any chance of getting a banner for the databank? :D ^_^;

Vega Van-Derveld
May 10th, 2005, 12:53:40 PM
Rasha Vill still has access here, so I'm assuming she'll see it eventually. I'd say move it into Storytelling, perhaps? Or maybe we could propose a forum solely for character bios... I'll stick that in the forum suggestions thread that's just been put up :)

As for the banner - I can send you the PSD if you would like the ability to whip that sort of stuff up yourself?

AmazonBabe
May 11th, 2005, 10:48:18 AM
Well... sure, why not. :)

Now I just need to find some databse pictures or library pictures or something. :p
(EDIT: Fiund a good pic of the Jedi Archives... and edited it a bit to look more Sith-like or so)

Do you suppose Gmail will take files as large as PSDs?

Dasquian Belargic
May 11th, 2005, 11:18:43 AM
It does indeed. What's your gmail?

AmazonBabe
May 11th, 2005, 01:11:57 PM
Thanks Jen-jen! :D

HEY JEN! Can you also send me a PSD of one of the other banners (i.e. Sith Chat)? I wanna see how you integrated the pictures into the master template. :)

Dasquian Belargic
May 11th, 2005, 01:38:01 PM
I didn't keep PSDs of each individual forum banner, but I can explain how I did it, since it's pretty simple. Remove the main "The Sith Order" text layer. Put the focus image as the top layer, and then use the eraser tool (soft, about 100 or 200 pixels) and erase the edges. Then maybe drop the opacity a little bit.

AmazonBabe
May 11th, 2005, 01:44:19 PM
ok, lemme play with that...

AmazonBabe
May 11th, 2005, 01:54:51 PM
How's this?

(I essentially took the Jedi Archive picture, changed the databanks to red, removed the busts, made the lighting through the window white, put a design (albiet unrecognizable due to the smallness) on the stone door, and added the Sith Holocron floating above a pedestal.)

REPOSTED BANNER HERE (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38367).

Dasquian Belargic
May 11th, 2005, 02:02:24 PM
That looks awesome!

AmazonBabe
May 11th, 2005, 02:11:02 PM
:D

The Wofl approves!! :rollin

Now to go poke a certain green ogre and see if he would be so kind as to make it the Databank banner! :)

Je'gan Olra'en
May 11th, 2005, 04:51:18 PM
That's good.

Zereth Lancer
May 11th, 2005, 09:34:49 PM
Thats totaly awsomeness.

Ida Knoe
May 12th, 2005, 01:54:06 AM
I really don't have a place to move that bio and I really don't see how it is hurting anybody to have Rivin's bio remain there till the board gets it's own Bio location for those not in TSO and GJO. I don't want to loose what is there since I put a lot of work in collecting the links to all his RP threads.

If it is causing a problem please let me know what the problem is cause I cant see it. it's not like there is anything saying that only current members are aloud to have their Bios there.

I edited his Bio again so that it longer says he is a member of TSO and have mentioned that he was banned. But I really have no place to put it untill Fans get's it's own Bio section. :( sorry if I'm being a hassle...

Zereth Lancer
May 12th, 2005, 05:10:45 PM
I think it's ok for you to keep Rivin's bio in the DataBank until Fan's gets the group bio thing up and going.

But I have spotted another thing today, having nothing to do with Rivin. But I spotted the Straffe Stormrider has posted in the training grounds. Now I might be wrong but was he ever part of TSO? I searched and found no recruitment thread and only two threads in the training grounds (including the one he just started). Is Straffe a member of TSO? Because if he is not then he should not be posting in here unless he got permission from a Mod/Admin or high rankling sith member.

Dasquian Belargic
May 13th, 2005, 04:19:45 AM
I remember him being a Jedi, and then becoming Sorsha's apprentice... but I can't find any record of him joining TSO.

Zereth Lancer
May 14th, 2005, 10:44:21 PM
Well, if he is not a member of TSO then I don't think he should be posting in here unless someone gave him permission.