PDA

View Full Version : Finally, I'm able to save up for a computer

Marga Alton
May 8th, 2005, 03:01:23 PM
Yes, the subject says it all. Now, I want to find out what ppl here think I should get since I'm pretty much computer illiterate (yes I know that term is not technically correct but it suits me). I'm going to be playing games, doing word processing, and being on the internet.

Now comes the part that I need help with. What do I get??

Morgan Evanar
May 8th, 2005, 05:14:10 PM
Which games? If you want, hit me up on AIM or whatever and I'll get you the best machine for your money.

Master Yoghurt
May 9th, 2005, 03:03:42 AM
Word processing and being on the Internet you can do with even the slowest computers purchasable on the market today, or 5 years ago for that matter. The real kicker is system demanding tasks such as games, 3D rendering and video processing. The more you plan on doing those, the more powerful computer you need.

It would probably be easier if you specify an approximate price range on what you are willing to spend. If this is your first computer, you will likely spend more than someone just upgrading. Monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse, gaming controllers, HD, DVD-drive, Windows +printer/scanner etc all adds up. I would suggest not go overboard with the budget or hardcore on the specs either, as you can have a complete state of the art gaming PC for $1500 or less.

Also, do you plan to get this built at your home, or readily assembled?

Edit: I would also suggest follow every advice you may get from Morgan as he is or used to build computers for a living (not sure which). Personally, I am just a computer geek :p

Lorani T'sava
May 15th, 2005, 04:42:08 PM
Sorry Morgan, I didn't get my computer from you. I went to a local computer store and had a compouter custom built for myself. I had a friend here who's really good at computers go with me.

Morgan Evanar
May 15th, 2005, 04:54:41 PM
Thats ok. I hope you got what you want.

imported_Natia Telcontar
May 16th, 2005, 04:41:59 PM
I did, though the only thing I'm not to thrilled about is the 80 Gig harddrive. I'd rather a larger one, but considering what I spent, I'm really happy with it.

Morgan Evanar
May 16th, 2005, 05:07:00 PM
Adding a hard drive is trivial. :)