PDA

View Full Version : Recruit Needing Approval - Jak

Navaria Tarkin
May 6th, 2005, 04:09:35 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35985&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

Dasquian Belargic
May 7th, 2005, 03:42:21 AM
Character Skills: Jak can pilot any ship, or speeder. He is an ace with a Light saber.

Storm troopers stoped him and asked him question. Theey had it coming. One of the Storm Troopers started jabbing Jak with his blaster. So Jak pulled his out an pointed it threatingly to his head. The other two quickly moved in. Jak killed the first two and wounded the other. The Jak took each one of the Storm Troopers supplies an credits.

No.

The phrase "lurk more" comes to mind.

Master Yoghurt
May 7th, 2005, 05:17:16 AM
No

His bio seems really rushed, or like he did not bother to put any thought into it at all :|

Wei Wu Wei
May 7th, 2005, 07:29:02 AM
He does indeed sound pretty rushed. The ace pilot thing sounds pretty normal for most folks. He's definitely a hot shot, which might be fun. But he's an ace with a lightsaber? Makes me wonder why he's bothering to join up with the Jedi if he already knows how to use one of those.

His motivation sounds good, but I think he needs to put some more thought into it. Maybe if he roleplays some more he'll figure it out. But until then, I will have to say--

No.

Navaria Tarkin
May 7th, 2005, 08:35:33 AM
I've similiar thoughts when I read his bio and I also noticed he hasnt actually done a complete thread here, nor something close to it. Seems afterthoughtish.

I could get past the sentences mushed together but not using a spellchecky... that was kinda painful :(

No. He needs to be encourged to lurk more as Dasq said to get a better idea of how we RP here and to work on his bio.

Rognan Dar
May 7th, 2005, 01:02:12 PM
I agree with Nav and Das and everyone else. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot, but he really needs to get a better feel for things here. Kyle, my brother, said that the Bio seemed really close to the story of Kyle Katarn. I didn't think so as much, but it might be who he's basing himself off of.

I also say no.

Morgan Evanar
May 7th, 2005, 01:17:13 PM
Oy. It only vaugley remembers Katarn, who was an Imperial special agent before going independant and working for the Rebellion. The kid is baaad.

Navaria Tarkin
May 7th, 2005, 01:39:00 PM
I will PM Jak and let him know.

Rognan Dar
May 10th, 2005, 03:11:20 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38261

Nav, sorry to say, but someone gots a grudge against you. Can't imagine what you did.

Navaria Tarkin
May 10th, 2005, 03:17:08 PM
:lol

yeah I know ... I saw ^_^;

he didn't take kindly to me OOC note I suppose

Rognan Dar
May 10th, 2005, 03:23:01 PM
I would say not. I find it very funny, in fact. Guy needs to grow up, though. I'd like to see how this all goes, and if my brother will really take the job and try and kill you. I doubt he will. Not for that many credits. :lol

Navaria Tarkin
May 10th, 2005, 03:27:58 PM
I am worth more then 3,000 credits damnit :mad

Rognan Dar
May 10th, 2005, 03:38:49 PM
Thats what I'm saying. Gosh, any Jedi is worth more then that. But for you I would say....oh.....3,000,000 creds? :D

Neyasha
May 10th, 2005, 03:58:23 PM
Expecaly since you really have done nothing wrong. Rivin ticked off alot of people and his main bounty is 250,000 credits. Sure I'm sure that there are people out there that would hunt Rivin for free... But for you I don't think any bounty hunter would take you on for anything less than 6,000,000 credits, with a nice casket provided for when they fail.

Dasquian Belargic
May 10th, 2005, 04:04:09 PM
Most bounty hunters would need a pretty large amount of creds to go after a Jedi, I would think. They're hardly the easiest of targets!

Rognan Dar
May 10th, 2005, 08:18:10 PM
Yeah we are hard to kill. BUT, not un-killable. If people did it right, they could kick a Jedi's butt. Or is it just in the Old Republic that the Jedi were killed by bounty hunters? Oh, well. I'm going to see if I can get this played out a little more, just for fun.

Morgan Evanar
May 10th, 2005, 08:23:51 PM
Since he has no contact with Navaria it would be pretty cool of him to explain why he wants her killed.

I need a device that lets me stab people through the internet.

Wei Wu Wei
May 10th, 2005, 08:25:15 PM
Hey, it's all the more reason not to have signed him on as a Jedi. If he's going to be a spoiled sport and hold grudges like this, it's best he just not RP. Heck, the man can't even keep his IC and OOC apart.

Navaria Tarkin
May 10th, 2005, 09:39:21 PM
heh, I wonder if he can even answer the questions about me :)

Kyle Krogen
May 10th, 2005, 09:42:35 PM
Sheesh, this guy is going to get Xel killed (For you who do't know I play Xel-Naga) Xel would never work for 3,000 creds. He wouldn't even kill the old lady down the street for that much. I feel like I should just shoot the guy through the head and save myself some troube *shakes fist at the no killing rule*

Navaria Tarkin
May 10th, 2005, 09:45:02 PM
I wouldn't hurt you....

much... :angel

Kyle Krogen
May 10th, 2005, 10:11:07 PM
Thanks. I feel alot better about it all now.

Just remember that I'm going to kill you... Cept for the fact that I can't. But its all good. :)

Dae Jinn
May 10th, 2005, 11:27:07 PM
Jeez, Kyle. It's called maiming, and it's (sometimes) legal. :mischief

Thanks for the laugh, Daley (Navy?). I esp. enjoyed the "Now I can't find my father, wah wah" part of this kids' post. The heart-felt emotions are overwhelming!

^ Genius! <3 Morg :)

Kale
May 10th, 2005, 11:30:40 PM
His chances of finding his father have been runied! RUNIED, I TELL YOU!!!

How dare you, Nav? :mad :| :\ >_< :lol

Anbira Hicchoru
May 11th, 2005, 12:14:33 AM
This guy's lucky Sanis is about to be put in carbonite :mad

Wei Wu Wei
May 11th, 2005, 07:07:13 AM
Maybe I should do one of those "How dare you bad-mouth my teacher posts." It would be like someone insulting your mother. I'm really tempted.

Rognan Dar
May 11th, 2005, 01:54:00 PM
He makes one post and everyones out to get him now. I've never seen that happen before. :lol But really, how was joining the Jedi going to help him find his father? That doesn't make any sense. He would have to stay here and train for who knows how long before we would just let him really just roam the galaxy.

AmazonBabe
May 11th, 2005, 02:06:06 PM
Wait a minute... he's taking an OOC contact and turning it around into an IC RP? o_O

Yeah, that works. |I :headbash

Best. Idea. EVER.

Rognan Dar
May 11th, 2005, 02:16:35 PM
Hmm...his latest post is weak. I was expecting more, but really, he is saying all he knows. He should have looked into this a bit more before going around offering money.

So how much do you think your worth, Nav? Lets see how high we can push this kid.

Navaria Tarkin
May 11th, 2005, 03:29:34 PM
This guy's lucky Sanis is about to be put in carbonite :mad

:love

I dunno Rog... how about 10 million :lol I can split it will you Kyle so I can at least make you look good before I beat you senseless ^___^

Leten Snat
May 11th, 2005, 04:05:11 PM
I don't think that this guy is a hopeless cause, so I'm going to try and talk some sence into him IC, and posably OOC too. I can't just sit by and watch as he trys to send a injured bounty hunter off to face a kind, gentle, caring jedi that could pulp both of them. And really, Navaria did nothing to him!

too bad Marcus is no longer here... This guy could use a good panning.

Navaria Tarkin
May 11th, 2005, 04:12:37 PM
Hehe, I hope it works, honestly. :) Thanks Letan ^_^

Leten Snat
May 11th, 2005, 04:22:35 PM
I can't say I can do much... This guy is stupid enough to pull a blaster on a Jedi who's strongest skills are Lightsaber and illusions, followed up with his next strongest being his sence skills and mind tricks.

This guy needs to get some common sence, or he is going to do something that will get him banned. Either way SWFans and it's RPer's win.

Kyle Krogen
May 11th, 2005, 09:11:39 PM
Leten, I think you joining into the thread just made it worse. Now he's gone off the deep end. Claiming to know that Leten's sabre is in his sleeve and that he can control a force blast inwhich to attack Leten. I don't really mind the force blast as much as him knowing that Leten has a lightsabre on him and that Leten is a Jedi.

I don't know whats going to happen now but I think I'm going to try and cool the thread down between Jak and Leten.

Dae Jinn
May 11th, 2005, 11:29:40 PM
When they come, they come in droves :x

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38334

And Leten - it's nice to try and help out people, but most of the newbies end up being lost causes. or Jamels. :lol

Rognan Dar
May 11th, 2005, 11:39:32 PM
Well, at lest that guy has a creative vision and can spell.

Dae Jinn
May 11th, 2005, 11:42:14 PM
Oooo, and he knows how to make his text blue too!

From his posts in OOC, he seems like someone "creative" who wants to have their way :| Even though the entire forums are a completely different way.

Rognan Dar
May 11th, 2005, 11:52:42 PM
And thats the hard thing. People come here and want to have their character do this this and this. But its not going to work that way if it goes against everything that is set up here. I'm sure, if given the time and whatnot, he could come around and become a good RPer.

Dae Jinn
May 11th, 2005, 11:56:53 PM
Yes, but then some people can't put aside their own ideas and check their egos at the door, Rog. He argued with staff, which isn't really a good sign, even if he is a decent writer.

Rognan Dar
May 12th, 2005, 12:00:37 AM
Sorry, I didn't see his OOC stuff until just now. Yeah, he's got a attitude problem or something. Yeah, stuff like that shouldn't really be allowed and gotten away with. Not that he did, but I think this is the season of when the troublesome people come calling.

Leten Snat
May 12th, 2005, 01:26:49 AM
Originally posted by Kyle Krogen
Leten, I think you joining into the thread just made it worse. Now he's gone off the deep end. Claiming to know that Leten's sabre is in his sleeve and that he can control a force blast inwhich to attack Leten. I don't really mind the force blast as much as him knowing that Leten has a lightsabre on him and that Leten is a Jedi.

I don't know whats going to happen now but I think I'm going to try and cool the thread down between Jak and Leten.

I had a problem with that too, and I'm trying to work things out in PM's now. This guy really has a problem with understnding that there is a diffrence between OOC information and IC information. Leten is trained and has practice with his illusions and if he didn't want people to know about his saber they wouldn't know about it.

Just because something is typed on the screen dosent meen that he knows about it IC. That seems hard to grasp for him.

So far I have sent him two PM's, and I have no problem postin what I said here. so PM one...

Leten Snat wrote on Yesterday 03:43 PM:
At what part of the applcation did you not understand when you answered to...

Do you understand that your application can be rejected?:

And how is it that you can post a bounty on a person you have never met IC.

Also If you did read the FAQ you would know that there is a NO KILL policy on any Player Characters, unless the player wants the Character to die, so there is no way for the bounty hunter or you to kill Navaria or Leten.

Your actions are making you the laughing stock of SWFans. With your actions you have ruined any chance you had at getting in to the GJO at a latter date, and your actions are running dangerously close to getting you banned (For using OOC knowledge in an IC Context). I am trying to help you. I don't like seeing people ruin their RPed lives on this board because they thought that the rules and common sence did no apply to them.

I want to understand why you are acting the way you are to this. could you please try to explain it to me?

Second PM...

Leten Snat wrote on Today 12:11 AM:
I would like you to ether edit your post or show me in what thread you got the training to detect the lightsaber of a Jedi that is skilled at hiding it. In fact I would like to see any thread that says you have any training or hear from the admin that has allowed you to start at anything more than a force atuned individual

You have to understand that when it comes to force skills you ether need to have a strong, well writen back story, or training threads before you can use the force. you seem to have nether. Ether edit your post so that the lightsaber is not noticed or I will have to report you to the admin for again using OOC knowledge IC and/or God-moding.

So far No reply to ether message.

AmazonBabe
May 12th, 2005, 02:03:44 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
When they come, they come in droves :x

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38334

And Leten - it's nice to try and help out people, but most of the newbies end up being lost causes. or Jamels. :lol

MARSHAL ARTIST FISTING!!! >D

^_^; Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

Really, I think he's turning out to be really thick. He really should have taken the advice of lurking more, but some ppl like to jump in as soon as they can. :\

Wei Wu Wei
May 12th, 2005, 03:19:12 PM
Well, it's only two people. Yeah, but it does seem that neither of these two really seem to know how to cooperate. It's kind of sad. I still think it's funny that people seem to lose all social grace on the internet. Then again, I wonder if they are on the internet because they never had those social graces to begin with.

Dasquian Belargic
May 12th, 2005, 03:54:34 PM
I know that's why I'm here, Wei :D

Kyle Krogen
May 12th, 2005, 05:03:39 PM
Leten, there is nothing wrong with Jak paying Xel-naga to assassinate Nav. In truth Xel cannot kill Nav but that doesn't stop Xel-naga from trying and failing. The only problem I have with Jak having Xel-Naga kill Nav is the fact that he never met Nav IC.

Navaria Tarkin
May 12th, 2005, 05:06:52 PM
want me to make a cameo in the thread and whap him upside the head =P

Honestly, I could care less about the Bounty too ... just irks me I did nothing to him IC as well.

Leten Snat
May 12th, 2005, 06:00:55 PM
I know that there is nothing wrong with the bounty other than the fact they never met. and I didn't imply that there was I just said that there was a NO KILL policy.

I got a Reply from him and Have sent him another message...

Jak wrote on Today 04:43 PM:
Sorry man im new at this. I joined last weekend so im getting used. When you posted about the lightsaber, I thought you wanted it to be seen. Im really sorry.

Not everything that is typed is to be know to all characters. You have to learn to use common sence and understand that your character must be developed just like everybody else. If it helps think of this like any other RPG. Since you are new here you start at level 1, and as you progress with your RP's, the more threads you productivly participate in, the more skilled you get IC.

Sometimes things are typed in to a post just to let the reader know it is there, but the characters still have to find out about it on their own. It's like we are creating one REALLY big novel for the whole world to read, and as such we have to put the time, thought, and effort into our post as we would expect to find in a good book.

I don't mean to sound like I'm picking on you. I'm only trying to help you out. I've been doing this for some time now and hopefully What I am telling you will help you improve your RP style. :)

Anbira Hicchoru
May 12th, 2005, 06:22:55 PM
That thread's not big enough for two Jak's....>D

Rognan Dar
May 12th, 2005, 06:25:29 PM
I think Xel should take the bounty on Leten. :D

But Leten, seriously, I think your are kind of picking on him and have been a little harsh and forceful. Maybe he just needs to read the FAQ's, but your shoving whatever he doesn't know or understand in his face. I say your trying to help, but it doesn't look like it. If you want to help him, be more positive about it and maybe make suggestions on how or what he could do.

And, in your PM, did you comment about starting at level one only count for complete newbies or everyone that joins Fans?

imported_J'ktal Anajii
May 12th, 2005, 07:37:59 PM
Hey, if any of these threads become such a trainwreck that they could use the IC services of Mervyn Wyrojii, or the charming, pleasant personality of Gibbon Meffoon, let me know.

I'm jsut dying to use one of them again on one of these fellows.

Shade Magus
May 12th, 2005, 08:37:40 PM
Gibbon, Gibbon, Gibbon....

Anbira Hicchoru
May 12th, 2005, 09:32:31 PM
No, no, no.

I actually would like to RP with this guy please

Leten Snat
May 13th, 2005, 11:26:02 AM
Feel free to jump in, But Jak just knocked himself out with his own stun grenade in an atempt to take down Leten.

Question, would he be braking any laws by placing a bounty of a Jedi that his done nothing other than ask him questions? I would think that there would be some laws governing DEAD bounties so that people just can't hire a bounty hunter to kill their boss because they didn't like them. I would think conspiracy to Murder would sound appropreate...

I say somebody should strip him and hang him by his toes from the roof of the old imperial place

Dasquian Belargic
May 13th, 2005, 12:03:13 PM
Daily Tip: two godmodes does not make a right.

Dae Jinn
May 13th, 2005, 07:48:04 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I know that's why I'm here, Wei :D

:uhoh

AB - Mitch has already titled the Jamel Award for Outstanding RPing the Martial Arts Fisting Award. :lol

Leten Snat
May 14th, 2005, 12:20:51 AM
WHAT IS With this guy! He first says that it knocks them out, then he says the Grenade is a dud just because Leten got out of there! Just because he chose to give leten enough time to get out of there, by droping the grenade and giving himself enough time to talk to Xel, dosen't meen he can contradict what he said in his last post!

Leten's danger sence is good enough to detect if the grenade was a dud or not! And I couldn't let Leten get hit from the grenade since I don't want him dead! Could somebody else talk to that boy! If I go to do it I will verbaly rip him a new bum hole!

imported_Bandage
May 27th, 2005, 02:52:39 AM
It's quite amazing to see how a game, something that is supposed to be fun, turns into nothing more than a shouting contest, where everyone gets all pissy. I mean, it seems this guy Jak just doesn't want to play nice, and it also seems that you guys have talked to him until you are blue in the face, first showing him how ridiculous this is, the OOC and IC mixing, and then wanting to verbally ream him. No need to stoop to his level.......

Has this guy Jak been warned? If so, then please ban him or create that internet stabbing thing and do it.........

Morgan Evanar
May 27th, 2005, 05:44:38 AM
Yes Jak has been warned. I have no issue with banning him from GJO, he'll probably get banned from Fans too.

imported_Bandage
May 28th, 2005, 01:52:59 AM
Good. I'm glad someone agrees with me........