PDA

View Full Version : Well I'll be gillyswoggled. Honest to goodness zombies.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 30th, 2005, 03:31:45 AM
You know, this may be the closest thing to an actual zombie I've ever heard of.

http://65.127.124.62/south_asia/4483241.stm.htm

D'oh! I put this in the wrong forum. Could a mod please move it to OOC? Thanks. Sorry about that.

Gav Mortis
Apr 30th, 2005, 08:03:58 AM
Nice picture. I was eating. :mad

Jak Prent
Apr 30th, 2005, 09:34:26 AM
You're 29 days overdue for April Fools stories.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 30th, 2005, 09:45:06 AM
*shakes fist*

Hoodwinked! April's fools only seems to work after the fact! When no one is watching... :uhoh

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 30th, 2005, 11:49:34 AM
*comiseraties* I was also fooled. Are you sure it's not real? *look over shoulder*

Cambodian officials say that the outbreak has been contained and the public has no need to worry.

General Ary Serey had this to say, "We have obtained samples of this new parasite and plan to learn how it starts the heart and other major organs of the deceased. We intend to use this to increase the quality of life for all." I was like - OMG NO DON'T DO IT

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 30th, 2005, 01:13:29 PM
lol, Khendon showed me this a week or so ago, and I was sad after finding out it was fake. It's morbid, but I thought it woulda been kinda cool to have zombies and stuff. Then my survival guide would have been so much more awesome than it already is.

Sanis Prent
Apr 30th, 2005, 01:30:44 PM
Your zombie guide would be worthless if you didn't have me around to ride coattails on ;)

Khendon Sevon
Apr 30th, 2005, 02:42:27 PM
When I first saw this I got really, really excited. Exactly two seconds later (according to Trillian) I told my friend it was fake... silly IP URL is a giveaway.

Oh, and S'il would do great against zombies! I can see the heel stomping and shin kicking now!

Torn Dlo
Apr 30th, 2005, 03:07:59 PM
Sonava...I actually believed that for a minute.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 30th, 2005, 03:10:24 PM
Originally posted by Sanis Prent
Your zombie guide would be worthless if you didn't have me around to ride coattails on ;)

Excuse me, but I have a cool gun in my avatar that's PROGRAMMED INTO THE FONT. You just know that a person who uses that font and the soviet one too, might I add is a bonafide zombie killing MACHINE* who doesn't need Mr. Charley's help :p

*made in North Korea

imported_Bandage
Apr 30th, 2005, 08:09:21 PM
All you really need to kill zombies is a chain-saw hand, like Ash....

There's just the minor problem of gasoline.....and retrofitting.....and lightening to give it better swing.....other than that, it would work out perfectly.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 30th, 2005, 09:44:21 PM
Curses, foiled again.

Kieran Devaneaux
May 2nd, 2005, 08:54:47 AM
This was fake? Funny, someone said they got it from Yahoo as well....

Shawn
May 3rd, 2005, 12:09:03 PM
I'm fully convinced that the coming Zombie Apocalypse is not a matter of "If", but 'When". I'm very much prepared for it.

Dasquian Belargic
May 3rd, 2005, 12:17:27 PM
I would be prepared if someone hadn't stolen my guide :( I will make sure that certain someone is the first person I go after when I become part of the shambling horde.

Draken Chakara
May 3rd, 2005, 12:44:25 PM
I'm just really looking forward to implementing my plan of grabbing my guns, trekking to the Wal-Mart Supercenter, and staging a massive, heavily armed, NRA-powered assault against the shambling hordes.

I tell ya, it just warms my cockles.

imported_Bandage
May 3rd, 2005, 04:02:38 PM
Hey, take me along, Draken. I work with Wal-Mart, and can get you a discount.....:lol.

.......Seriously, though. I do work at Wal-Mart.

Draken Chakara
May 3rd, 2005, 04:42:48 PM
They have many guns, and nice ammo. And, at the one I'm near, there's a Woods and Water (BIG hunting store) right up the road.

Shawn
May 3rd, 2005, 07:52:51 PM
Wal-Mart seems too insecure, and is probably top one of the first places most people will think of. If, for whatever reasons, my home isn't a sufficient shelter, I'd be checking out some local Sam's Clubs/BJ's/Costco's. They generally only have 1 way in/out, with storm shutters that can close over that entrance. Their walk-in freezers should keep the meat good for at least a week or two, even without power, and there's plenty of canned goods.

I'd probably also consider sleeping on top of the shelves; Zombies can't climb and, since they're bolted into the ground, they'd be impossible to knock over.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 3rd, 2005, 11:04:55 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
Wal-Mart seems too insecure, and is probably top one of the first places most people will think of. If, for whatever reasons, my home isn't a sufficient shelter, I'd be checking out some local Sam's Clubs/BJ's/Costco's. They generally only have 1 way in/out, with storm shutters that can close over that entrance. Their walk-in freezers should keep the meat good for at least a week or two, even without power, and there's plenty of canned goods.

I'd probably also consider sleeping on top of the shelves; Zombies can't climb and, since they're bolted into the ground, they'd be impossible to knock over.

Correct. Wal-Mart is not a viable defense point. For that, you need a bank, or a clearinghouse of some sort. Anything that has a vault in it. Further, you need access to quick transport as a failsafe option. Cars are nice, diesels are better, and trains are better still.

I won't go into the mundane details of my zombie plan, but I can assure you that I have both the supplies and the plan well taken care of. The best part is, my plan can easily be modified for the parallel "Red Dawn" scenarios as well.

Draken Chakara
May 4th, 2005, 03:14:25 PM
Well, the Wal-Mart here is next to a Sam's, and has the same ammeneties you were referring to (steel shutters, etc.). As well, there are multiple exits, camping gear, tools, etc. And the shelves, though not as tall, are also bolted down, and you could probably traverse the store on the tops of the shelves. And, as I said earlier, LARGE amounts of ammo. If you have several thousand rounds, and seeing as you'd have PLENTY of time to pick off the zombies, you could kill several hundred of the buggers from the top of a shelf. They are a shambling horde, but they're not infinite. I wouldn't, however, want to stay there very long. It'd be a stock up and leave kinda place.

Also, the fact that lots of humans would think to go there is a good thing. Safety in numbers. Well-armed numbers.

Kieran Devaneaux
May 4th, 2005, 05:10:18 PM
"This....is my BOOMSTICK!!!" (God, I loved those movies!) :D

Duncan
May 4th, 2005, 08:04:21 PM
Wal-Mart....not near enough...damed living on a military installation where everything is so far away from me. But eh, I'll survive.

To the armory! Plenty of ammo to hold out for quite awhile. Now to figure out the food part and I'll be good...

Lion El' Jonson
May 9th, 2005, 05:04:02 AM
Originally posted by Duncan
Wal-Mart....not near enough...damed living on a military installation where everything is so far away from me. But eh, I'll survive.

To the armory! Plenty of ammo to hold out for quite awhile. Now to figure out the food part and I'll be good...

The key word is 'military installation'. :lol

Forget the shotgun, grab a few buddies and hijack an M1A2 Abrams.

Sean Piett
May 9th, 2005, 07:19:40 AM
65.127.124.62 is my most trusted news source

Also; forget safety in numbers. In every Romero-level film, the final problem isn't with the zombies; it's with the humans themselves.

The trick is to be prepared NOW- bicycle, canned/dried food, clean water and means to filter, proper weapons, possibly a small generator and fuel. Try to find a remote location to hole up and see if you can wait out the feature-length storm for a deus ex machina ending.

Khendon Sevon
May 9th, 2005, 11:38:56 AM
When the zombies invade all the Imperials should get together ;)

Lion El' Jonson
May 10th, 2005, 06:02:26 AM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
When the zombies invade all the Imperials should get together ;)

Seek out Charley and Akrabbim. They will defend you with blades of steel and guns of fire.

Draken Chakara
May 10th, 2005, 09:15:24 AM
And personas of awesome.