PDA

View Full Version : Digital Cinema Road Trip?

Jedieb
Apr 29th, 2005, 08:27:21 AM
Is anyone considering a road trip to see ROTS at a digital theater? If you're lucky enough to have one nearby then I hate you with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. Here's a link to find a digital cinema near you. The closest one to me is 218 miles away. I'm considering taking the boy one Saturday and making a day of it.

http://www.dlp.com/dlp_cinema/dlp_cinema_theater_search.asp

JMK
Apr 29th, 2005, 08:55:43 AM
I don't think I'll be able to make it...

;)

darth_mcbain
Apr 29th, 2005, 08:58:43 AM
Denver Pavilions has it - about an hour's drive. They had the digital version of Ep. II also. Hopefully I'll get to see this one in digital, too.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 29th, 2005, 09:45:26 AM
there are 12 digi theaters all within 160-190 miles from me. Half of which seem to be either in the city (NYC) or in Canada. Doubt I'll be able to go to one of those to see it.

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 29th, 2005, 09:57:33 AM
I'm going to a digital showing. Coincidentally, the theater I chose was the closest digital theater available. 16 miles from my house :D

We've got 2 such theaters in Birmingham, and both are less than 20 miles away from me :D

Jedieb
Apr 29th, 2005, 10:48:26 AM
10.24 MILES!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!!
LET THE INVASION OF THE GREAT WHITE NORTH BEGIN!!!!!!!!!
:shootin

Jedieb
Apr 29th, 2005, 10:51:17 AM
What I really don't understand is how a Canadian can be so close to a digital theater. Most of you don't even have indoor plumbing. CURSE SOUTHWEST VIRGINIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMK
Apr 29th, 2005, 11:56:32 AM
I know it's weird. We don't have cable here, nor indoor plumbing for the most part, our restaurants all serve nothing but whale blubber and most of our industries revolve around the manufacturing of ice blocks for our igloos. But at least we have internet access and digital theaters within 10 minutes. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 29th, 2005, 12:01:48 PM
I don't have any close enough to me to register on the search thingy. However, I'm fairly certain there's one in Seattle.

darth_mcbain
Apr 29th, 2005, 12:26:02 PM
Originally posted by JMK
I know it's weird. We don't have cable here, nor indoor plumbing for the most part, our restaurants all serve nothing but whale blubber and most of our industries revolve around the manufacturing of ice blocks for our igloos. But at least we have internet access and digital theaters within 10 minutes. :p

:lol

Torn Dlo
Apr 29th, 2005, 04:48:54 PM
Don't think I'll be making it for the opening show, but I'm thinking bout taking a trip for that weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/smagus02/s.bmp

Figrin D'an
Apr 29th, 2005, 07:22:55 PM
I would like to see it in digital, since I was never able to see AOTC in digital. The closest digital theatre to me, AFAIK, is in Chicago. I don't think there are any in the Milwaukee area, which I really don't understand. The distribution of DLP projectors around the US is so messed up.

Jedieb
Apr 29th, 2005, 08:35:10 PM
Originally posted by JMK

I hope you freeze your saber off one of these winters. :evil

Kyashi
Apr 29th, 2005, 10:47:41 PM
Originally posted by JMK

Yeah, you wouldn't even have to get our your dog-sled to get there. ;)

JMK
Apr 30th, 2005, 12:32:19 PM
Dog sled? No way, the terrain is much too harsh for them. I gotta snow-shoe my way there!

Jedi Master Carr
May 1st, 2005, 08:41:54 PM
I doubt I will make one the closest one for me is either Alabama or Orlando that is like a 6-8 trip for me. I have no idea why there isn't one in Atlanta considering how big that city is.

JMK
May 2nd, 2005, 06:52:00 AM
Yeah, that's honestly quite stupid. It's not like Atlanta is a backwater town...how could there not be one???

Jedieb
May 2nd, 2005, 01:38:25 PM
I blame the Braves.

JMK
May 2nd, 2005, 01:53:48 PM
Sounds about right. ;)

Jedi Master Carr
May 2nd, 2005, 11:29:49 PM
LOL Damn those Braves, another reason for me to hate them :p I am guessing no one around here wants to invest in the technology.