PDA

View Full Version : Recovery (Open)

Zachariah Jak'el
Apr 26th, 2005, 10:31:50 PM
A lone figure walked down the durocrete sidewalk. There was a slight hobble to his walk as he made his way down the street. Xel-Naga looked terrible. His black hair was a mess and several fresh wounds where scabbing on his face. His cloths where torn up and dirty. His left arm was clutched his his chest and the fingers on that hand where bunched up in a fist.

He stopped infront of a door. A tavern "The Hapan Princess" Stood infront of him. Xel pushed the door open with his right hand and hobbled inside. He his usual seat in the corner and waited. In a few moments the bartender appeared at his table and set down a large mug of corellian ale infront of Xel. "Where have you been buddy?" The tender, his name was Lance, asked Xel with a concerned look on his face "I havn't seen you in here in two weeks"

Xel sighed. He told Lance everything. He told him about his trip to Corellia. How he attacked the sith woman, and won. And how the sith woman came back and kicked his butt. She had knocked his through the roof of a warehoues and then threw a hundred poiunds of junk ontop of him. If not for his body armor he would have died. Instead he broke his left arm and five ribs, two on one side and three on the other. His leg had been twisted but he managed to twist it back into place and dig himself out of the rubble and escape the planet. Once he got back to Corascant he went to a reliable doctor was getting treatments for his injuries.

"So, thats where I've been" Xel said in a cold dead voice. Something had died in Xel when he fell through that roof. All the happiness and joy that he normalt felt when he did things was gone. A cold deadness was all that remained. He considered himself dead now. It was his emotions that had gotten him nearly killed, so he left them behind at his grave at that warehouse.

Xel picked up his drink and sipped it softly. Lance got up and went back behind the bar and started cleaning drinking glasses. Xel sat back in his chair and looked out the window and watched vehicles and people go by.

Naysheta
Apr 29th, 2005, 01:16:02 PM
Naysheta stumbled into the door of the small tavern and went to the bar.

"Stimcafe please," she mumbled as she sat down. Soon after a steaming hot mug was set in front of her. "Thanks."

She took a sip and let it warm her body and try to keep her motor functions working. She had been at the hospital all night and all day with her younger brother. He was stablized now, but in a partial coma. The doctors said it would be a few days before they coudl hope to get a response from him. She had tried to contact her parents, but they were off planet. Probably at some exotic resort.

It didn't matter though. Nay knew the routine enough to help out. She just hoped her brother would wake up soon.

Zachariah Jak'el
Apr 29th, 2005, 11:41:06 PM
Xel's eyes watched a girl walk by the window and followed her as she came inside and sat down at the bar. Someone new in the "Hapan Princess" Most people who came to the Princess kept comming back and new faces where sometimes rare. This building was placed on the border of the "Nasty neighberhood" So the only people who came in here where of the hard and nasty type usauly. The girl seemed really out of place in here.

Xel noticed the other patron's gaze following the girl. He knew the people wouldn't make a move of any kind against her, other then just plain hitting on her, in this bar. They knew Xel and they knew that he really hate anyone who gave the watch a reason to come down here and investigate.

His eyes settled on a bar across the room, Archie Ubentore is his name. But Xel knew what Archie did for fun and could tell that the wheels in his crooked mind where turning and planning something.

Xel got painfuly to his feet with his mug in his good hand and his left hand still bunched up to his chest. He hobbled across the distance to the bar and plopped down in the seat next to the girl. "Its really dangerous to come in here, lassie" He said, looking straight ahead "Some would conclude that your dead already."

Naysheta
May 2nd, 2005, 10:37:16 PM
Nay just shrugged.

"Let them try. I could use the distraction," she said solemly.

Zachariah Jak'el
May 4th, 2005, 09:06:43 PM
Xel chuckled softly "Distraction, you say. They don't wish to entertain you young lassie, but to kill you..." He paused and siped his drink "...Or worse." He leaned closer to her and wispered softly as if telling a secret, "And they wouldn't do it here and now they'd wait till some dark night when no one's around and you happen to take a shortcut through a dark alley and there you will hear a blaster charge and a wisper in the night and then it'd either be over then or soon to come." He leaned back and took another sip of his drink.

Jak
May 7th, 2005, 08:01:37 PM
Jak walked into the bar. The Jedi had gave him the boot, and he needed something hard to drink. He looked around and saw the two people talking. It was a pretty woman and some ugly man. Jak sat down at a table and called the waitress over.

"GIve me your hardest stuff."

Jak continued looking at the couple. He had seen the ugly one before, but the woman was new. THe waitress came over and gave him his drink.

"thanks"

He took a swig of his drink. It had a strong kick to it, but thats just What Jak wanted. He continued looking at the two. He knew something would happen, and it pleased him. Jak needde to vent his anger on someone or something.

Zachariah Jak'el
May 7th, 2005, 09:20:38 PM
Xel's eye moved to the side and fixed on a man who had just walked in. Another new costomer. Xel through before moving his eyes back to to the woman.

Jak
May 9th, 2005, 03:56:21 PM
Jak returns the look. THen gets up and walks over to him. "Hey! Your a Bounty Hunter aren't you? Well I got a job that might be an intrest to you. Have you ever killed a Jedi befor?"

Zachariah Jak'el
May 9th, 2005, 10:02:47 PM
Xel turned in his chair to face the lad. "Depends" He said calmly "It depends on which Jedi we're talking about, where, when and.."He paused to chuckled slightly "...and how much money you have."

The truth was Xel was still recovering from his last battle with a force user. There was no way he was going to go after another unless the money was good.

Jak
May 10th, 2005, 02:31:35 PM
"How much are you talking about?Trust me I got enough." Jak smiles slyly. "The Jedi I want you to umm, how to put this, dispose of is Navaria Tarkin. I dont like her at all. She has runied my chances of finding my father." A tear slowly moves down Jaks face. He wipes it away.

"But, thats not the point. I want he dead and I want her lightsaber as a trophy. I'll give 3,000 credits for the job."

Zachariah Jak'el
May 10th, 2005, 09:27:33 PM
It took all of his sef control to stop himself from bursting into laughter. "I never work for that little" He said plainly "Lets start with a few things, shall we. First; How much money do you have? Two; Where is this Jedi? Three; What is her position within the order? Lers answer these questions before we discuss anything else." The man was about to speak but Xel had a sudden thought "And why the frell do you want to kill a jedi?"

Jak
May 11th, 2005, 02:08:07 PM
"I am a thief, but i quit to join the Jedi. They denied me access. I will be able to pay you, just name your price."

Jak turns to the waitress.

"Give me an mi buddy here a drink."

"Anyways. Theis Jedi is at the Greater Jedi order. If you can lure her away and take care of things I will be plesed. I am not quit sure of her level of abilities, but im shure you can handel it.

The waitress returns with the drinks.

"I already told you why. Now will you take the job?"

Leten Snat
May 11th, 2005, 03:56:16 PM
Leten has wandered in not that long ago, and was looking through the garbage cans for anything of value. He had checked 3 of the 5 garbage cans in the bar, and had found a few beer bottles and a broken blaster that he places in his back pack, before the 16 year old boy hears what was being talked about in the bar.

To the untrained eye he looked like nothing more than a street kid that didn't know when not to put his nose into things, but the lightsaber hidden in the left sleeve of his jacket said other wise. The boy was obviously street hardened, and even though he was rather scrawny, this kid looks like he would be rather hard to hit in a fight.

Leten makes his way over to the bar just in time to hear Jak's reasons for wanting Navaria dead.

"Have you ever though that there was a good reason why you got turned away? And don't you think that getting this man to kill a Jedi could give you more enemies than you could ever deal with? Have you ever met the Jedi you want killed or did you just pull her name off the notice of refusal and assume that she was the only person that said no you are not Jedi material? And if your temper is bad enough that you would turn to a bounty hunter just because you had somebody say No to you, that right there says you would not likely cut it as a jedi."

Leten looks over the two men that were talking about killing Navaria. He wasn't about to let this deal go down, but he can't do anything unless a price is agreed upon and hunter says yes, but that can't stop him from trying to talk some sense in to this young man looking for blood.

"Plus what would you do if there was a jedi in the bar hearing all this, then you would be in big trouble."

Jak
May 11th, 2005, 04:04:04 PM
Jak notices the boy listening in. JAk turns to him and pulls out his blaster and points it to the boy's head.

"Hey punk get in here before i kill you!"

He waits for the boy to walk in.

Leten Snat
May 11th, 2005, 04:08:16 PM
Leten Smiles, and laughs.

"You know that really is not a smart move on your part. and you still haven't answered my questions."

Jak
May 11th, 2005, 04:36:41 PM
"I wouldn't care if there was a Jedi. Also your a little young to be starting a figt with me. Jedi. Here's something for you to chew sport. I am a force user. I can control a blast to where I want it to go, and right im thinking your saber.

Jak smiles.

"Know what im not in the mood for killing have a seat."

Zachariah Jak'el
May 11th, 2005, 09:31:06 PM
In a flash and blur of movement Xel had carefuly pulled the blaster out of Jak's hand without setting it off and placed it on the bar behind him. He then stood up and placed a hand on both of the lads' chest and held them away from each other. "Now now, children. No need to fight like this." He turned his head to face Leten "Who do you think you are busting into my bar and starting fights, thats my job" He winked at the boy and turned head to face Jak "Do you have a comm number I could reach you at?"

Jak
May 12th, 2005, 05:38:01 PM
Jak laughs.

"Look Xel im a Nomad a Wounderer. All i got is my Droid, Ship, and blaster."

Jak grabes his blaster.

"So eaither you accept my job, name your price. Or loose a customer and that little punk.

Jak smilies at the boy.

"Jedi, always jumping in where the not wanted."

Jak turns and leaves. As he's heading toward his ship he shatters a window with his fist, drops to his knees and crys.

"DAD! Jak screams toward the sky. "Why did you leave me alone? WHY."

Jak gets up brushes the tears away, and gets into his ship and takes off.

Leten Snat
May 12th, 2005, 06:05:18 PM
Leten blinks a few times as he watches Jak leave...

"My, isn't he a little dramatic..."

Jak
May 12th, 2005, 06:11:48 PM
Jak returns after a while in space. Strolls into the bar again. Sees the two. Ignoring the Jedi he walks over to Xel and sits next to him.

"I'll give you 300,000 to get rid of the boy instead. THen we can talk about the girl Jedi." Jak wispers to Xel.

Jak sees the waitress another time.

"Excuse me im sorry I stormed out and didn't pay you. Here."

Jak gives the waitress 20 credits.

"I'll also have another drink plese."

Jak Prent
May 12th, 2005, 06:28:39 PM
"What girl Jedi?"

The other Jak, sitting two seats down the bar, nursed a beer with his back turned to the others.

Zachariah Jak'el
May 12th, 2005, 09:44:20 PM
Xel arched an eyebrow "Three hundred thousand, eh" He his head and looked Leten over "A deal like that doesn't come often." He straightened his body up to its full heigth of six foot eight. He flexed his arms and muscles. The bar patrons sitting nearby stood up and either moved to the other side of the room or left entirely. "Sorry lad, nothing personal" In an instant one of his two heavy blaster pistols was in his hand, firing apon the lad.

Leten Snat
May 13th, 2005, 01:29:44 AM
In the instant that it took for xel's blasters to get into his hands, leten quickly calls on the force and seems to vanish. Really what he did was call an illusion around him making himself look like a small rodent as he dived under the table out of the way of the blaster fire. He quickly skitters out from under the table keeping his Illusion up long enough to reach the Jak that just put the bounty on his head.

He draws his lightsaber and activates it as he drops the Illusion, and places the purple blade at the neck of Jak.

"Call off the bounty hunter."

Jak
May 13th, 2005, 09:40:50 AM
Jak feels the heat of the saber.

"Ha! Nice little trick Lenen, but I have more up my sleve."

Jak drops a stun grenade on the ground.

"Xel kill him when he's out cold, and don't rob me. Okay"

The grenade exploded and both Lenen and JaK were knocked out.

Leten Snat
May 13th, 2005, 11:12:29 AM
This young man clearly dosen't know much about Jedi if he thinks that a stun granade would catch him off guard. Durring the time it takes for the grenade to drop, and Jak to talk before the thing explodes, Leten quickly turns off his saber and calls on the force to help him get outside before the grenade goes off.

Jak
May 13th, 2005, 05:26:44 PM
BANG!

"HA! young and so foolish. That stun grenade was a dud. Force user. Ha!"

Jak sits down to finish his drink.

"So, Xel you got a job to do, and im paying for it. So go. Oh, and if you need to reach me. I'll find you. Most likely it'll be here."

Jak gets up and leaves.

Jak Prent
May 14th, 2005, 11:11:55 PM
Not satisfied, Jak pays for his beer, and follows suit, heading out the door the way the other man did.

He had some questions for him.

Zachariah Jak'el
May 14th, 2005, 11:19:22 PM
Xel ran out of the building, blaster in hand. He stopped and looked around. He looked everywhere but the lad had managed to melt into the crowd and was gone. "Sith spit" Xel cursed and he returned his blaster to its holster "I'll get you boy" He promised and turned on his heel and walked back into the bar and went up to his room. He started getting things ready for his upcoming job. He would get the Jedi boy eventualy but he was going to go after the jedi first.