PDA

View Full Version : Well, I'll be darned! (SoCal residents)

Lady Vader
Apr 26th, 2005, 11:35:31 AM
And practically in my backyard no less!

I stumbled across this yesterday while looking up some info about Star Tours over at Dland and Dworld getting a facelift for the 20th anniversary of it's opening coming up in 2007...

www.ocstarwars.com

And they are putting together their 1st Annual Unofficial Star Wars Day at Dland June 25!

www.disneylandstarwars.com

For those of you in SoCal, I thought you might be interested in this in the event you wanted to check it out. I know I'll be there June 25th.

Hell, I might start going to their monthly meetings as they meet all of about 20 minutes from where I live! :lol

Torn Dlo
Apr 26th, 2005, 11:51:39 AM
I'd like to go, but can't....sucks....oh well I'll read up on thier monthly meetings though and definitely check it out ^_^

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 26th, 2005, 01:37:05 PM
Monthly Star Wars meetings? O_o

Lady Vader
Apr 26th, 2005, 01:38:13 PM
:lol Yup. Just to get together to keep the friendships alive I'd assume. That, and to plan for events and crap.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Apr 26th, 2005, 04:05:18 PM
Dude! I have GOT to talk to my cousin about this! He's the HR director for both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure in Cali. He's sure to know a LOT about this event.

Lady Vader
Apr 26th, 2005, 04:41:10 PM
He's the who-what-now???

Dude! My sister works at Dland! Audra (aka LW) just got a job today at Dland to be a Jungle Cruise boat captain! Hell, I'm going for auditions May 7 (don't anyone panic... it's just for a fun side job)!

You. Me. We need to talk. If we can get this SW Days official at Dland... duuuuude! PM me :p

(Just as an aside, this event is TOTALLY unofficial. Unless your cousin surfs the web for this kind of stuff, he may know nothing about it! And this is only the first year the OCSW is planning this!)

Morgan Evanar
Apr 26th, 2005, 05:22:49 PM
Human Resources.

Lady Vader
Apr 26th, 2005, 05:51:27 PM
Um, yeah, that's what HR stands for.

I know it's not exactly PR, but he could plant a bug into the right ears.

Kieran Devaneaux
Apr 27th, 2005, 04:13:41 PM
I would like to try the Disneyland bit, but unfortunately, I have to save money for my graduation trip - Vegas. In August. :D I will be deep-fried when I get home, even though I will be mostly indoors the whole week, heh....

AmazonBabe
Apr 28th, 2005, 03:24:28 PM
Well, I am getting together with them this weekend, Saturday, to see Hitchhiker. So, that will be my first meeting with them.