PDA

View Full Version : RotS DVD news

JMK
Apr 26th, 2005, 09:17:29 AM
It's strange to hear any news about the DVD before the movie is even released, but here it comes anyway.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/C3_Revenge_DVD_News_91660.asp

While at Celebration 3, I was able to find a couple of minor news updates on the Revenge of the Sith DVD. At the DK Publishing booth, they had a flyer for one of their upcoming Star Wars books that stated the book would be released to coincide with the debut of the ROTS DVD in the Fall of 2005. This at least tells us we're not going to have to wait a long time for it to come out.

I also got an autograph from Matthew Wood at the show. Wood is not only the voice of General Grievous, but one of the sound designers from the prequels. When I asked him what he was going to be working on next, he started that he's still working on scenes for the Revenge of the Sith DVD. He mentioned that these are deleted scenes which will be included later. Wood stated that one of them is a scene featuring General Grievous. So if you're a Grievous fan, expect more of him with the DVD release in the Fall.

Woohoo! Deleted scenes back in the movie! I'm all for it!

Lady Vader
Apr 26th, 2005, 12:14:20 PM
Thank the Maker! :rollin

darth_mcbain
Apr 26th, 2005, 02:12:34 PM
Yeah, I saw that earlier. Sounds like they're going for a quick release - awesome as far as I'm concerned.

darth_mcbain
May 9th, 2005, 12:05:33 PM
From IMDB...

George Lucas has indicated that he expects the Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith DVD to be released at Christmas time this year. Lucas made the comment in an interview with MTV.com, which reported that the DVD will offer five or six deleted scenes. Rick McCallum, a producer of the three sequels, told the website: "They were great scenes, but they just had nothing to do with getting straight and cutting to the chase of the story. They were more plot-orientated and more setting up of Coruscant, more setting up of the war and kind of understanding where all the politics were."

JMK
May 9th, 2005, 12:37:37 PM
Gotta love that. Defending cutting out scenes that have plot!
:lol

From what I've heard the DVD is coming out around the same time as AotC - late november if I remember correctly. But who knows.

AmazonBabe
May 9th, 2005, 04:28:04 PM
Wait...

"They were more plot-orientated and more setting up of Coruscant, more setting up of the war and kind of understanding where all the politics were."

What?

They took scenes out because they had... plot? *blink* O_o

Jedieb
May 9th, 2005, 08:15:02 PM
Reminds me of all the Padme/Anakin scenes that were cut from AOTC. Those scenes did a great job of actually showing the two of them developing a relationship. But Lucas is obsessed with time. He'll chop off things to get to a desired length. It's a shame really.

JMK
May 10th, 2005, 06:45:18 AM
Yeah, it really is a shame. The scene at Padme's parents house I think would have added so much. I'd much rather have that scene in there over the scene where they first kiss.

General Ceel
May 12th, 2005, 11:54:46 AM
I remember when all the early AOTC rumors were pointing toward Padme's family playing a major role in the film. In retrospect its strange to see how that actually turned out.

JMK
May 12th, 2005, 12:05:49 PM
I remember that too. All of her family was cast and there was quite a buzz about it...then that great scene was chopped away. I still think that's the worst editing decision made by Lucas so far. I really hope that scene gets restored in a future release.