PDA

View Full Version : What happens in Indy, STAYS in Indy

Jedieb
Apr 20th, 2005, 09:53:26 PM
I'm sitting in my hotel room and getting ready to crash for the night. The doors opoen at noon but the line's already started. The rain is keeping the line short, but it'll probably start growing early tomorrow. At C2 the line strecthed on for close to a mile. I don't know how early I'll get my spot, but I'm not spending the night out in the rain, that's for sure. Most of the hotels in the area have something for fans. Mine had employees dressed in costumes and a special greeter in the lobby.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2127830078

I'll get some more pics up tomorrow. :zzz

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 21st, 2005, 12:10:29 AM
Awesome! Have a great time... we're all with you in spirit.

...or maybe it's just me... :uhoh

Sanis Prent
Apr 21st, 2005, 12:19:05 AM
With a title like that...I'm guessing you got sauced and copped up on a Twi'leki pillow fluffer at your hotel ;)

darth_mcbain
Apr 21st, 2005, 08:11:39 AM
LOL Sanis... Have an awesome time EB - despite the title of this thread, we want a full report...

CMJ
Apr 21st, 2005, 09:59:20 AM
Man, wish I coulda made it. Have fun bro. :)

JediBoricua
Apr 21st, 2005, 10:21:22 AM
Have fun...

Those of us rotting in envy will hate you forever.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 21st, 2005, 03:46:28 PM
I know I so wanted to go and was going to make plans but that fell apart. Have Fun there Jedieb :)

Jedieb
Apr 21st, 2005, 10:39:36 PM
Wow, it's been a BLAST! Some of the lines have been brutally long. I got in line this morning at about 7:30 waiting for the Fan Club line to open at noon. Most of us headed straight for the store to get our Vaders and C3 swag. When did I finally walk away from the register with my loot?
3 PM!!!!! :crack

Still, the lines are part of the experience and they're not all bad. You get to see some amazing costumes and meet some great fans. I met a great bunch of guys who are members of the Mexican Fan Club. They've been to all 3 of the celebrations and a few years ago helped organize the first Mexican SW collectors convention. They were in front of me and asked me if it was alright if some of there friends could later join them in line. They were surprised when I answered them in Spanish. We had a great time in line and I got one of my favorite pics of the day.
http://home.ntelos.net/~eltemmorejon/jedieb/Fan%20club%20line.jpg

Sorry if the pic is too big, but I'm too beat to resize it. I've uploaded 28 more pics to that link above. I hope you guys get a kick out of them and I wish you could be here. Everytime I see some guy with a Red Sox hat I think of CMJ and the other Sox fans. Then I sneak up behind the guy and punch him in the back of the head. Good times, good times indeed.
:duel

JMK
Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:56:59 AM
Looks like you're having a riot dude. Can't wait to see pics of the big boys later this weekend!

darth_mcbain
Apr 22nd, 2005, 08:37:05 AM
Good pics - keep 'em coming

CMJ
Apr 22nd, 2005, 09:12:38 AM
Eb told me a bit more about his day on IM. Since I'd flirted with going up until about 6 weeks ago - I think he was rubbing my nose in it. ;)

JMK
Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:10:57 AM
What happened 6 weeks ago?

CMJ
Apr 22nd, 2005, 10:34:00 AM
I finally realized I couldn't afford it. :p Before that I just THOUGHT I couldn't. ;)

Lady Vader
Apr 22nd, 2005, 11:16:56 AM
Have lots of fun for me! ^_^

JMK
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:13:19 PM
Originally posted by CMJ
I finally realized I couldn't afford it. :p Before that I just THOUGHT I couldn't. ;)

I came to that realization a few months ago. A year ago I pretty much promised myself that I would try to attend, but it just became a fantasy near the end of '04.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 22nd, 2005, 01:30:15 PM
I realized it the same time JMK. I really didn't have the money or time. I wish I could have gone.

Jedieb
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:21:43 PM
The wife is going to kill me. This will be exhibit 1 in the divorce proceedings.
http://home.ntelos.net/~eltemmorejon/jedieb/Destroyer%20LEGO.jpg
I walked back from the convention center to my hotel carrying this monster and I couldn't go 10 steps without a "Look at that!", "OMG, that's beautiful!", "How much was it?" This will take days to put together. I may glue the damn thing together to make sure it stays in one piece. It'll be over 3 feet lone and the boy and I will take our time putting it together.

I'm heading back over to the convention center now. I saw Rick McCallum's new footage earlier. It is simply jaw dropping. These are the best visuals we've seen in the prequels so far and the audience was going nuts. Yoda, dodging, catching, spinning and hurling senate pods back at Palpy. He was sensing Clonetroopers getting ready to execute Order 66, then backflipping and cutting them in half before they could pull the trigger. Later, he was standing a few feet away from Palpy in a senate pod, catching Force Lightning and pushing Palpy off the pod. The Obi-Wan/Anakin Duel footage was beautiful. Lava cascading down and destroying structures as the two of them battled on and on. Shots of Palpy and Mace battling, with Palps straining and hurling Force Lightning at Mace. A close up of Mace desperately trying to catch it with his saber. A few long shots of Palps deformed face as he speaks to the senate that were just evil. McCallum said this is the one we've been waiting for and I honestly believe him. Holy crap on a stick, this is going to be awesome.

Lady Vader
Apr 22nd, 2005, 02:50:47 PM
That box is MASSIVE!!!

How much was that monster anyhow? :eek

EDIT: NM. I found the price :x And despite it, gawd that is sweet! Have fun putting it together!! :D

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:01:15 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
The wife is going to kill me. This will be exhibit 1 in the divorce proceedings.Which is the number one reason why my husband will never go to anything like this without me. We can't afford it! :lol

Looks like you're having an awesome time. Stop tempting me with spoilers!

Jedieb
Apr 22nd, 2005, 06:37:36 PM
Sorry LD, but I had to tell someone!!!! I'm heading back right now to watch Empire. The free popcorn will more than make up for the expense of the LEGO! People are already starting to get in line for Lucas tomorrow. One person even has a sweet looking tent, lucky bastard! I'll be lining up with some of the guys from the Mexican Fan Club at around 4AM.

I've uploaded some more pics, enjoy.
:duel

darth_mcbain
Apr 22nd, 2005, 07:57:35 PM
Wow - that Lego Star Destroyer is awesome!!! Have fun putting it together... The footage you mentioned sounds incredible - can't wait to see it for myself...

Jedieb
Apr 23rd, 2005, 02:31:01 AM
Well it's around 3:30 and I'm getting ready to head off for the line to see Lucas. It's around 38, windy, and raining. The wind will probably drop it into the 20's, ah joy! I fully expect there to already be several people in line. Maybe 1,000, who knows. I'll get pics while I'm freezing my nads off. In case you haven't seen it, I've done some work on one of the funniest pics I've taken. Here it is, battle of the GunGan.
http://home.ntelos.net/~eltemmorejon/jedieb/GungansGoHome.jpg

:zzz :zzz

jjwr
Apr 23rd, 2005, 08:31:55 AM
That Star Destroyer is awesome. Its a piece I"ve always wanted but don't have the $$$ or space for it. I do want to get the Lego AT-AT at some point though.

Jedieb
Apr 23rd, 2005, 05:50:14 PM
I saw Lucas this morning. The line wasn't heaven, but it wasn't that bad. It was only a half hour Q&A, but it was a great experience. He talked about a variety of subjects. He also confirmed that we're getting not 1, but TWO TV series. A live action series and a 3-D animated series. Lucas also mentioned that he will be very involved in getting the live action series off the ground. He'll get it started and then hand it off. I have my reservations about a live series, but totally stoked about the animated one. One thing that did peak my interest was that Lucas said the live action series wouldn't contain main characters, but characters that have appeared in the films. If there are Jedi involved, then I'm all for it. But if we're off to the land of Ewoks again, or god forbid, Gun..... Gun.... man, I can't even say it....

A new Darth Vader book is going to be released early next year: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Which will be heaven for Vader and EU fans alike. I sat in on a EU continuity panel. Pretty good stuff. They talked about how there are contradictions but that they handle them as best they can. They ignore them, they let fans draw their own conclusions, etc. One of my favorite parts was when someone suggested if Lucas ever does anything out of continuity. The whole panel laughed and basically said "How can he contradict something he created." It just confirms what I've also believed, that Lucas does whatever HE wants and lets the people at Lucasfilm and DelRey sort out the wreckage later. One funny side bit that probably belongs in the EU forum, but I'm tired.... The authors were talking about how sometimes continuity inconsistencies can be explained away by a character's point of view. Just because a character says or believes something, doesn't mean he or she is necessarily correct. At which point Troy Denning said; "Like Kyp Durron is NOT more powerful than Luke." The whole audience burst out in laughter and applause. Stupid Kyp, take that! :shootin

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 24th, 2005, 05:16:15 PM
I am guessing Boba Fett will play big in a new series. Not sure what other secondary characters might show up though. For the animated ones I think they should use some of the better stuff of the EU like Zahn's books and make that into animated miniseries stuff that is what I would like to see.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 24th, 2005, 09:48:22 PM
This is from theforce.net

100 episodes
1 hour each
based on a spinoff character
Lucas will direct first season
write season one at one time
film season one at one time
takes place between ROTS and ANH

So who is a spinoff character. Boba Fett? I sure can't think of anybody else unless they mean some minor character from ROTS.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 25th, 2005, 01:47:01 AM
why not Grand Moff Tarkin? :D

jjwr
Apr 25th, 2005, 06:56:32 AM
Set between ROTS and ANH pretty much means no Jedi which is unfortunate.

JMK
Apr 25th, 2005, 07:25:12 AM
Maybe it will have the last few Jedi getting wiped out...if any at all survive RotS aside from Obi Wan and Yoda.

JMK
Apr 25th, 2005, 07:34:59 AM
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Aayla_Secura_Talks_Star_Wars_TV_Series_91649.asp

Well there you go. :)
There's one possibility.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 25th, 2005, 08:26:27 AM
Well I suspected a few jedi will survive so that Vader can hunt them down.

Master Yoghurt
Apr 25th, 2005, 08:41:08 AM
If its between ROTS and ANH, and it does not feature main characters, I really wonder what its going to be about, and what kind of angle will be used.

jjwr
Apr 25th, 2005, 09:10:48 AM
True, there will be Jedi that make it out. I would be interested in seeing some Jedi on the run and doing other various adventures and maybe for the series Finale we can see Vader show up and finish them off!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 25th, 2005, 09:10:54 AM
maybe slight anthology. Maybe focus on the beginnings of the rebellion with Bail Organa, Mon Montha and the corellian general; Boba Fett's early years as a bounty hunter; and the last of the jedi, dealing with Vader hunting down those remaining (not counting Obi-Wan and Yoda of course). I could see those three story lines being done.

JMK
Apr 25th, 2005, 09:23:23 AM
It would be hard to imagine that if they show the last of the Jedi being hunted down that they wouldn't include Vader doing the hunting.

I think the best chance at a good series would be one about a young Boba Fett gaining his Bouting Hunting chops. The one downfall to that could be that they foolishly try to introduce a young Han Solo at some point. :x

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 25th, 2005, 09:27:37 AM
Well who is to say Vader might not make a cameo. But I agree I would concentrate more on Fett as he would be easier to do for that time period. The Rebellion one though could be interesting although I am not sure if Jimmy Smits would be able to do any episodes considering he is running for President on the west Wing

JMK
Apr 25th, 2005, 09:36:49 AM
You're right, he could make a cameo but for some reason I think that Lucas wouldn't want anything about Vader's life shown on screen unless he was extremely hands on about it. He may be writing and directing the first season, but that may be it for him regarding that series aside from approving the overall storyline.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 25th, 2005, 10:01:40 AM
True, didn't think about that way. Although I wonder why the above mentioned jedi will making appearance then?? Unless Boba Fett tries to take that jedi down.

Jedieb
Apr 25th, 2005, 10:47:42 AM
I've never been that crazy about Fett. But, Lucas knows his audience and Fett seems to be the most obvious choice. My interpretation of the character has always been: minor character, bad guy, glad he went out screaming like a little girl after getting taken out by a blind man. I can easily see him hunting down Jedi. But if the character gets glorified then I just can't see myself enjoying the show that much.

I've flown well over a dozen times in my life. Flown around the country, to Puerto Rico, to Europe, and Southwest Asia. Yesterday was by far, the WORST traveling experience I've had. First, I arrived at the Indy airport to find my flight to Cinncinati had been delayed. 1/2 hour later, a second delay. Soon after that, the flight was cancelled. There was nothing else flying out of Indy that could get me to my connecting flight or to Roanoke so I had to take a cab. Delta sends me on a 1 hour 30 min. cab ride to Cinn. I got to the gate at 6:53 for a 6:55 flight. Only problem is they stopped boarding at 6:49! But hey, apparently my luggage made the flight! I say apparently because I couldn't get to it when I finally arrived at Roanoke because it's such a podunk opereation that no one but security and maintenance work there at 1AM. Before I got to Roanoke however I had to endure a connecting flight to Greensborough, N.C. Then ANOTHER 1 hour 30 min. cab ride. I'll have to go by the airport this afternoon to see if my luggage arrived. I hated to do it, but I had to check my Master Replicas FX saber at the Cinncy airport. I swear, if it got banged up during the flight I'll go insane.

Before the day went down the toilet I had a pretty good morning. I suffered through a 4AM line up that included, 30 degree weather with wind chills in the 20's. Got in at 8:30 and got some early shopping done. Then I got to see the Star Wars in 30 Minutes show. I missed it last time and I'm glad I finally got to see it. It was HYSTERICAL. The long lines for this show were well deserved. These guys do a great job and if you ever have a chance to see it you should definitely attend.

Overall, a great experience. Wish you guys could have been there. We could have gotten coffee for each other in the long lines! Curse you CMJ for abandoning me!!!! :shootin

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 25th, 2005, 06:45:49 PM
I wish I could have been there I think it would have fun maybe the next one, if they do it again. That sucks about your flight delays, I have heard of some bad ones but yours sound awful.

JMK
Apr 25th, 2005, 07:04:01 PM
Well if they have another one in 2007 for ANH's 30th anniversary I'd definetly like to get to that one.

Jedieb
Apr 28th, 2005, 08:06:22 PM
I've started working on the LEGO. If anyone's interested in following it's construction, there's a thread in the Collecting forum.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38272