PDA

View Full Version : Jade Empire

Drake Shadowstalker
Apr 19th, 2005, 12:43:32 AM
I was planning on buying this game eventually but my dad saved me the trouble and bought it for me today. For those who don't know it's an RPG for the X-Box that was released this past week. It's by the same developer that made Knights of the Old Republic.

The setting of the game is like fantasy China, with martial arts and magic etc...

I've only played it for close to 2 hours but I am fairly impressed so far. The game looks great in my opinion. The lighting and such give it a very nice overall look (it isn't overdone like in Fable) and I like the character models and background etc... Dialogue is aplenty, which might bother some, but it's no more or less then KOTOR. The combat system so far is fairly simplistic but still very fun. It's real-time which is very nice, not turn based like KOTOR. The storyline has just started to pick up and it's quite intriguing I must say. If not for a buttload of AP History homework I would have played it more.

Much like KOTOR, the player can follow either the way of the Open Palm(good) or the way of the Closed Fist(evil) The player gets points toward each one based on his or her actions. However, I'm not sure if the appearance of the player changes if they lean heavily to one side.

This is a must play for any X-Box owner. Rent it, buy it, whatever, just play it. A PC release is likely to be released in the future. Not sure though if it they'll wait as long as they did with the first KOTOR. If you're a fan of RPGs then pick it up once it's released for PC.

OVERALL RATING: 9.5/10

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 19th, 2005, 11:50:32 AM
I just google'd some screenshots and it does look very slick. BioWare usually do a good job, so I'll definetly check this one out when it's released for the PC.

Travis North
Apr 19th, 2005, 08:17:44 PM
Tis an Uber game... The ESRB rating is correct, somewhat. Those who have played it know what I mean. If not... HOW DENSE ARE YOU!?