PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Adjustments

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 16th, 2005, 02:38:08 PM
Vishan had this entire spectacle planned when Soolin returned from her sabbatical. Though lost without purpose while she was gone, it didn't stop his devious mind working overtime on a proper way to welcome her back. Therefore, it took only one day to get everything prepared for his Master's surprise. His Master had very few moments of happiness in her life and he was determined to give her one. She was too busy unloading the Rocinante to realize that Vishan was gone for most of the time, presumably settling in.

It was when the sun set on the second day back from Coruscant that it took all of Vishan's bright smiles, sweet talking charm and bright baby blues to convince Soolin to go along with his little game. There was something that he wanted to show her but it was a surprise. That wasn't the problem. It was twisting her arm to put on the blindfold that caused that odd pensive look, an expression she had too often, to cross her face.

Multitudes of assurances later, he was leading her down a hallway of the Jedi base by the hand, but she was shuffling her feet. Soolin was still unsure of this. "Aw, c'mon. Ah told ya you're gonna like this."

He looked over his shoulder to make sure she wasn't peeking.

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 16th, 2005, 02:49:51 PM
:: She held his hand, finally allowing herself to be led along ::

"I hope this doesn't take too long, whatever it is. You dragged me away right in the middle of repairs."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 16th, 2005, 03:05:36 PM
He was happy that Soolin couldn't see him roll his eyes. "R4 kin handle it anyway. He knows wha' needs ta git done till ya git back. Jus' trust me."

They reached their destination and he had Soolin stop five feet away from a door. "Kay. Dun move."

She heard a click and the sound of a door opening. Vishan then took her by both hands and led her forward to where Soolin was greeted by a very familiar and very pleasant aroma.

The door closed after she stepped inside and he made her stop again. "Jus' one more nanosecond."

She felt him move around behind her and begin to undo the blindfold. "Still no peekin'."

With a grin, he pulled it off without warning and crossed his fingers. "Taadaa!"

It was a simple, nicely furnished room. Nothing about it was specific since Vishan was hoping Soolin would decorate it herself later. He lugged all the furniture in himself and placed it as cozy as he could, but if Soolin wanted to rearrange anything, he'd be glad to do it. A door on the far left led to the bedroom but what really caught his Master's eyes was a meal already laid out on the kitchen table. Her favorite meal, mahi mahi, was hot and ready to eat, along with rice and fruit that Vishan found in the jungle that he knew was edible.

He leaned to the side, trying to gauge the reaction on Soolin's face, silently hoping he didn't offend her.

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 16th, 2005, 03:18:59 PM
:: She looks around the room wide eyed, then glanced from the suprise on the table back to Vishan ::

"You did all this for me?"

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 16th, 2005, 03:23:58 PM
"There ain't no one else in th' room besides me an' why would Ah do this for me?" He felt a bit disheartened since Soolin wasn't sure what to make of all this.

He walked around the couch into the center of the room, "Look, ya spend too much time in tha' ship. Ah figgered since Yavin's home now, ya needed an actual .." He held his arms out, motioning to the entire place, "home!"

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 18th, 2005, 08:14:41 AM
:: Soolin couldn't help but smile, and she walked over to the table, lured by the delicious smell of her favorite food ::

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 18th, 2005, 08:18:44 AM
He glanced over his shoulder at Soolin walking towards the table and grinned. Now things were going as the Padawan hoped. "Hold up."

Vishan sneaked around her and pulled out a chair. "Have ah seat an' Ah'll git th' drinks."

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 18th, 2005, 08:37:56 AM
:: She looked oddly at Vishan as he pulled the chair out for her, but smiled again and sat down. He was really going out of his to please her, and for the first time in a long time, she began to relax and enjoy the moment ::

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 18th, 2005, 09:00:32 AM
After his Master took a seat, he popped opened the fridge and took out what looked to be a wine bottle. Vishan took a seat across from her and set the bottle on the table with the label facing away from Soolin.

"Wasn't sure which make ta git, so Ah asked th' barkeep at Yog's ta git which e'er one he thought was th' best." He spun the bottle around so that Soolin could see it was a bottle of honey mead. "Hope ya like."

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 18th, 2005, 09:46:26 AM
:: Her eyes widened in pleasant disbelief as she saw the emblazoned unicorn on the amber colored label. She looks into his eyes with deep appreciation ::

"It is the best. Thank you."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 18th, 2005, 09:50:19 AM
Now that was the look he was going for and he could finally relax without wondering if Soolin thought him mad. Of course, she probably did anyway. "Awesome. Knew he'd come through for me."

He opened the bottle and poured each of them a glass and teased her, "Now see, wasn't this worth waitin' on repairs for?"

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 20th, 2005, 02:05:45 PM
:: She failed in her attempt not to smile at him, and took a bite of the deep fried macadamia nut mahi mahi. She nodded, responding with an "mmmmmmmmm ... " ::

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 20th, 2005, 04:58:46 PM
A grin of appreciation spread across his lips, "Glad ya approve since Ah cooked it myself."

Vishan set the bottle down and started to dig in himself, "Been ah long time since Ah felt any inklin' ta cook."

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 26th, 2005, 08:19:50 AM
"Well, if this is a sign of things to come, I look forward to the future."

:: She smiles again and holds up her glass in a toast ::

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 27th, 2005, 03:19:57 PM
He laughed, a bit embarrassed, "Well dun be gittin' all spoiled now."

Vishan was only kidding and brought his glass up and tapped it against Soolin's. "Ta th' future," he said with authority and a nod.

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2005, 04:11:44 PM
:: she sips the mead, and watches Vishan as he drinks ::

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 28th, 2005, 04:17:17 PM
His taste buds were used to hard liquor and ale that was acquired from Vishan's military service. The sweetness of the mead was a surprise and caused his lips to pucker briefly. After a hard moment of the honey mead to settle, he swallowed and took another sip. This time he was able to appreciate its taste.

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2005, 04:41:11 PM
:: She looked him with a sparkle in her eye, but only for a moment, taking another bite of fish before he noticed ::

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 28th, 2005, 04:57:21 PM
The mead wasn't too bad, it was just a drink he wasn't used to. He set the glass down and looked across the table. Soolin was quietly enjoying her dinner and seemed at ease for a change. It made him smile.

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2005, 05:07:06 PM
:: She looks up again ::

"Why didn't you become a chef?"

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 28th, 2005, 05:10:17 PM
He snorted, "Well, mom woulda loved it. Dad woulda killed me. Ah was his only boy an' tradition had ta be maintained. So, Ah joined th' military an' became ah fighter pilot like he wanted."

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2005, 05:20:26 PM
:: She nods, listening as she enjoys the meal his so masterfully prepared. She felt ... strange inside. A warm and pleasant feeling, beyond just the dining ::

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 28th, 2005, 05:36:22 PM
He found himself chuckling and talked with the fork in his hand, moving it about in the air. "Good t'ing they didn't know about my cookin' otherwise Ah woulda been forced servin' in th' mess hall."

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2005, 05:40:49 PM
:: she laughs ::

"Good thing the Council doesn't know either, we'd get called back to Coruscant."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 28th, 2005, 05:45:13 PM
"True." Vishan had a displeased look on his face and set the fork down, lightly running the palm of his hand along the top of his hair. "Ah'd hate havin' ta wear tha' chef hat. Ruin my hair."

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2005, 05:59:06 PM
"And this room, we've only just got here. I think I like it."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 28th, 2005, 06:05:36 PM
That made Vishan sit a bit straighter in the chair, "Really? Ah kinda threw th' place tagether. Ah can always move t'ings around if ya want."

He was eager to please Soolin and so far the night had been perfect. Unfortunately some of his eagerness spilled into his speech as he spoke a bit faster then usual.

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2005, 06:26:21 PM
"This is our room, Vishan, yours and mine. If it's good enough for you, it's more than enough for me."

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 28th, 2005, 06:34:07 PM
You could hear a pin drop. Vishan stared at her in disbelief and didn't realize he was blushing. It took him a minute to collect himself. "Our room? Bu'," He pointed a thumb at the doorwar, "Ah can always find another suitable room for myself."

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2005, 06:54:30 PM
"There is enough space here for both of us, why take another room that others may need?"

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 28th, 2005, 07:00:35 PM
"Eh, bu'," Vishan didn't look too convinced. Now granted, he bunked with all sorts of people, men and women, during his time in the military. The idea made sense but for some reason, he felt strange about the arrangement.

Problem was, Soolin had that look on her face. The look that nothing he said was going to change her mind.

His shoulders fell forward in defeat, not that there was much of struggle, "Ah'd have ta get another bed."

Soolin Anjhurin
Apr 28th, 2005, 07:28:55 PM
"That is easily done."

:: She smiled and popped a lychee fruit into her mouth ::

Vishan Korogoth
Apr 28th, 2005, 07:35:50 PM
"Yep." He went back to eating, cutting into the fish. "Ah'll lug one in 'ere after dinner."