PDA

View Full Version : Character Claim Question

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 13th, 2005, 11:52:20 PM
I can't rule on this, because *shock* it involves me.

i wanted to use Charisma Carpenter as a character pic source for a new character, she was already claimed by Eris someone. (Happens to be one of Sorr's characters)

She hadn't been posted with since May 20th of last year, so I put in my request for the claim, but didn't add it to the master chart because I didn't want to step on toes. Now Eris is magically back (Zeke told her about the claim conflict) and I would like a ruling. Does Eris keep her claim, or does Taala get it due to Eris' inactivity?

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2005, 10:25:53 AM
It's awfully convenient that she turns up again now, when the claim is contested. IMO, Eris shouldn't get to keep her.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 11:15:03 AM
;) and they (zeke and sorr) even started an RP thread to 'prove' they still RP.

Shawn
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:02:39 PM
It's retarded, but it's going to cause a shitfest if we say "Too bad. You snooze, you lose."

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:28:23 PM
She's claiming (Eris) that no one contacted her at the nine month mark so that makes the whole "you were inactive" thing obsolete. but who has enough time to go through that thing and check all the accounts and PM them????

Eris Alexiel wrote on Yesterday 09:43 PM:

Taala wrote on Today 09:40 PM:
Hey,

Just curious if I can use Charisma Carpenter, 'cause I'm only using the one pic (really only her eyes) and people probably won't see us at the same time. Since this character is limited only to Coruscant.

Lemme know what you think,
Taala

perhaps if you hadn't tried to claim it while I was gone but I'm not happy now....Zeke had to tell me so I could post so I wouldn't lose her, I'm not too keen on people trying to take something then act nice when the person returns at any rate......

Eris Alexiel wrote on Yesterday 10:03 PM:

If that's what you think is going on, then I'm not going to try to change your mind because that would be a waste of my time.

Of course, the picture I'm using or Charisma is of her face, not her butt crack. But, certainly, barring a decision from the moderating staff, the claim is yours.

Both are Charisma, just most don't recognize the first as her since it's a very old pic.....at any rate, just because I'm not on this account doesn't mean I'm not here that long time, technically I've only been gone a few months but anyhoo, you missed the rule on contacting me so you had no right to try and make a claim on Charisma......

Eris Alexiel wrote on Yesterday 10:08 PM:

Taala wrote on Today 10:06 PM:

That'll be up to the Moderating staff to decide.

yep but odds aren't on your side, you didn't contact me like you were supposed to so the ruling would go in my favor most likely.....

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:36:51 PM
Zeke had to tell me so I could post so I wouldn't lose her

Ungh. See. This is why I don't think she should get to keep it. If someone hadn't challenged the claim, how many more months would the account have remained inactive?

PS, she is being rather bitchy about it, no? :rolleyes

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:52:58 PM
It's like God vomited, and there was Sorr. She sounds an awful lot like Xazor with this little snippety attitude of hers.

She's making it a much bigger deal than it needs to be, and there's really nothing that can be said or done to satisfactorily shut her up while still allowing Holly to use a small portion of just a single picture, IMO. This whole thing with Zeke telling her about it is the only reason she started posting again with the account - which in itself strikes me as kind of underhanded in a way.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2005, 02:17:06 PM
This stinks. We do the right thing and we'll be crucified for it, and we let things stay as we are and we know that what happend was rotten and they got away with it.

When an account is inactive like that, the best thing to do is wait until it gets scrubbed.

If we change the rules we'll be yelled at. The only thing I can think of is waiting a month and shortening the inactivity period.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2005, 02:35:08 PM
I was wondering why Zeke became suddenly active too... now I know why.

Um.. no one gets a PM at the nine month remark o_O it's simple.. you post and are active.... you dont and you arent. It should go to holly but like shawn said gonna cause a shitfest especially since holly is a mod.. but do they know that taala is her character:p

Morgan Evanar
Apr 14th, 2005, 02:42:19 PM
Yeah, I can only see shortening the period to ~6 months instead of a year for loosing an image claim.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2005, 02:46:02 PM
um.. i looked at Eris' last post date it was June of 2004...ithat is over 9 months so her little quoting of the rules doesnt apply, yes or no? Holly you got the date wrong :)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 14th, 2005, 02:49:20 PM
April makes it 10 months

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:12:48 PM
When I looked at Eris' profile it said her last post was May 20th. Granted, that doesn't count any posts in forums that I don't have access to.

Now she has a shedload from yesterday.

And I don't think she knows Taala is my character. I wasn't exactly going to advertise it this time - doesn't even have my AIM on the account. (DOES have my AIM on the account at Meras, and I will continue to use my sig and av there regardless of this.)

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=160269 yep, May 20th.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:53:55 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=670718#post670718

i swear to god that says June of 2004 in ST forum o_O course one month is semantics probably anyway

that link doesnt work for me oddly Holly ...

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:21:00 PM
HAHA yeah it's June - for some reason I was thinking 6-20 was May... ^_^;; my bad. Stil, ten months is over 9.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:44:44 PM
:D good so does that mean haha .. you kinda win?

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 08:10:29 PM
no, it meant: "haha boy is my face red."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 14th, 2005, 09:28:08 PM
:lol

It's okay, you were not happy and read it wrong cuz of it

:hug

I presume that the situation is going to be handled by the lowering of the claim time to 6 months and have to PM the person instead of nine now and sorr gets to keep her claim as lame as the amazing appearance is?

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 09:53:54 PM
That's what I'm assuming. Lemme fix up my avi and siggie.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 18th, 2005, 10:38:48 PM
now Videl (eris, sorr) is asking how long does the person have until they respond. Far as my sleepy eyes can tell, it isn't listed in the FAQ fpr character claims

I was thinking a week tops. Too harsh or too nice?

Morgan Evanar
Apr 19th, 2005, 04:33:47 AM
Two weeks should be fine in terms of allowing for vacations and whatnot.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 19th, 2005, 05:49:05 AM
Given that this is running on the premise that the account has already been inactive for 9 (?) months, I think a week is more than enough, really.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 19th, 2005, 11:19:04 AM
I do also. One week.

Morgan Evanar
Apr 19th, 2005, 01:39:58 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Given that this is running on the premise that the account has already been inactive for 9 (?) months, I think a week is more than enough, really. Oh yes. That. I agree.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 19th, 2005, 04:12:11 PM
Added clarification to the first post, plus highlighted the
If there are any questions, direct them to the staff via PM. This thread is only for posting a change to your character claim, or adding a new one. that everyone seems to be ignoring.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 19th, 2005, 06:29:40 PM
:lol

good point Holly