PDA

View Full Version : A Doctor and his toy...(Open)

imported_Baralai Lotus
Apr 12th, 2005, 06:23:45 PM
Baralai Lotus walked the streets of Coruscant and looked around at the sin that devoured it. Lustful whores who sold themselves on the street corner, two women of dark haired beauty. Although Baralai was never a partaker in sin, or at least, the sinful acts that he thought wrong, he had sins of his own.

Baralai stood at the alleyway, looking at the two girls. He flicked his cigarette into the corner, and in the dark alleyway the half-lit cigarette was somewhat like a light bug, softly illuminating his facial features.

With a chiseled face and cheeks, and long black hair that covered his eyes and ears, Baralai didn't look like your normal human. His small mouth and somewhat goatee made him look almost like white-trash. But, he had a mind that was to be feared. The cigarette hit the ground and rolled softly into a puddle, extinguishing itself.

He looked down into the alley and saw the two girls turn around. They looked at him and slowly approached him, sultrly showing off their legs and clevage. They smiled...

"Looking for a good time sweetheart?"

Baralai chuckled softly and reached for the knife in his coat pocket. He smirked as he pulled it out and lunged at the girl on the left, pinning her to the wall. She screamed as he jabbed the knife into her abdomen, letting her warm red liquid poor into his hands.

"Thanks for the good time," he smirked slightly, ". . .sweetheart." He pulled the knife from her and looked toward the other girl, who shook in fear. He looked down at her, "For all the people you've killed with your disease, your famine, I'm going to destroy you in the same way." He headed toward her slowly, his steps echoing in the dark alley.

The woman pulled a tazer from her bosom and placed it onto Baralai's leg, shocking him and causing him to fall to the ground. She got up and scrambled out of the alley. As she went to the entrance from whence Baralai had come. She stumbled back and fell flat. . .looking at what now towered in front of her.

Before her stood a man of almost seven and a half feet. . .a monster most would say. He was wearing a trench coat much like Baralai's and he was cracking his knuckles softly. He tredged forward limping slightly on his right foot. The man had short black hair and as he walked, the inner workings of machination could be heard. The turning of cogs and the meshing of wires could be heard as he approached the girl and grabbed her by the throat lifting her up.

He pinned her against the wall as she gasped for air and tried to break free, kicking at the mans abdomen. Baralai got up and wiped what liquid he could off of his clothing and walked over to the machine holding the girl.

"Well," he said with a menancing tone, "You seem to have met my friend. Meet Victor. . .Victor sweetheart, say hello." He chuckled softly. Victor voice boomed in the alleyway. . .

"Hello. . .sweetheart. . ." The machine said in half-exasperated breaths. He squeezed her neck tighter and tighter. Baralai spoke again, "You see, he plays my body guard. Can you beleive he was built by me. . .one of my greatest creations. A work beyond death itself. Constructed out of the bodies of sinners he lives to get rid of them." Baralai stroked the girls long hair, pulling each strand out. "You see, you'll be made to make another and another, until I get a goverment supplier to give me supplies. Otherwise, your kind will continue to die. Finish her Victor."

Victors hand squeezed tighter around her neck. She squirmed a little more until a soft pop was heard. Her body went limp. Baralai laughed and went over to the other girls body. He took a few carvings of her body. . .just some skin and a couple of organs. He grabbed them and walked over to Victor.

He pushed softly on Victors chest and it opened slowly. He placed the organs inside the refrigarative compartment in Victor's chest and closed it back. He smirked softly and took his leather gloves off, tossing them into a nearby puddle. He looked at Victor and after placing his knife in his trench coat he walked out of the alleyway motioning for Victor to follow.

Victor slowly trailed behind, but as large as he was he seemed to be right on Baralai's heels. "Come then Victor, we have much work to do back at the lab. . .so very much to do." Victor chuckled softly.

"Work. . ." the monster breathed. "De. . .ath. . ."

imported_Taala
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:20:53 PM
I bit hard on my knuckles, squelching the fear that was rising as steadily as the footsteps above my head. Crouched down in the shadow of a pedestrian bridge I could hear the two men above me, walking...

I'd been on my way to Sari and Inja's corner to see if they wanted caf. The night was slow, the girls were friendly to me. Their pimp wasn't, but what else was new? I'm used to that. The man in front of me had approached Inja first, and ... killed her. Frell, who just did that in the middle of Coruscant?

Middle was right - we were low enough down that no one cared about a couple hookers being murdered. No one but the hookers. I'd seen Inja's murder, and heard Sari's last choked off scream from down the alley. I'd run and hid after that. What else could I do? I was certainly no Jedi, although the Temple was practically around the corner... and up forty-five flights of stairs.

I bit my lip as the footsteps faded away, and then took off running. There was enough noise down here in the lower levels that the noise from my shoes didn't paticularly stand out. I was running perpendicular to the killers, and toward a group of turbolifts. There were people there, people heading home after a night barhopping. Witnesses at the very least.

I had to tell someone. Someone would have to be made to care.

imported_Baralai Lotus
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:33:05 PM
Baralai walked slowly and Victor followed suit. He pulled a cigarette from his pocket and lit it. The cigaretter flared up and he took a small puff and exhaled through his nose. He walked slowly forward down the middle of the street.

No one out here but drunkards and losers, no one worth speaking with. Baralai pulled his knife from his coat and wiped the blade on the outside of his coat. The blood stained the coat slightly, and most of it remained coagulated on the blade.

Victor trailed slowly behind, limping on one leg. Victor lived to serve Baralai. . .it was what he was created for. Victor and Baralai had been partners since his creation. He played the brawn and Baralai played the brain. It was a simple combination. . .and he knew his purpose would be useless one day. He was just a prototype in the long run.

Baralai kept walking, momentarily taking puffs off his cigarette. He stepped lightly, listening to the hustle and bustle of the city. It was so loud here, that's one of the reasons he liked it so much. He watched as he walked forward, and he heard the footsteps and panted breath of another. He turned to see a girl running toward the turbolift. Had she seen something?

Baralai watched as Victor readied himself to run. Baralai dropped his hand and shook his head. Victor stood upright and Baralai and Victor turned and continued walking down the street.

"What's the worst that could happen? No one will beleive a prostitute. . .especially a drunkard." He chuckled softly and took another puff off of his ciggarette.

Liam Jinn
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:38:49 PM
Tonight just hadn't been a night to sleep through. Something felt...well, off. Maybe it was being on Coruscant that made the Jedi Master feel uneasy. It wasn't his favorite place in the galaxy, but it was where he felt he should be, at least for the time being.

Instead of visiting a bar, Liam opted for a walk. It kept him at ease being able to feel what consisted of his surroundings. It wasn't until he turned down an alley in the lower sectors that he felt an uneasy feeling welling up inside of him.

Pain...so much.. pain and fear...

He stretched out with the force and found the source of the feeling - two now dead women.

"What sort of creature could do this?!" He said as he slowly knelt down beside one of the victims, noticing the horrific injuries they had sustained. Lowering his head and closing his eyes, he trusted in the force to show him what had transpired, and it did.

His head suddenly shot up. A twisted sort of expression crossing his face.

The horror..

He stood, and immediately headed down the alley towards the womens' attackers.

imported_Taala
Apr 13th, 2005, 11:56:58 PM
I hit the open space around the turbolifts and was shocked to find it empty. I hurriedly pushed the call button, and turned around to face the way I'd come with my back to the 'lift doors.

I had a clear view of the bridge I had been hiding underneath, and I saw a man striding across it. "Hey! Hey you!" I waved, trying to catch his attention. Please, please, please. Notice me! I might have been too far away.

Liam Jinn
Apr 14th, 2005, 01:15:57 AM
Though Liam never got a crystal clear picture of what he was after, he felt he was close and heading the right way. Without fear or hesistation, he made his way across a bridge, reaching out through the force, following the footsteps of the attackers.

Something caught the Jedi's attention before he was able to track down the murderers; someone was reaching out to him. He slowly came to a stop in the middle of the bridge and turned ever so slightly, towards a group of turbolifts. A woman was waving at him, and he could feel her fear. Perhaps she felt she was a target...

She knows what happened, he thought.

If he had the chance to calm the girl, he would've done so gladly. But, her turbolift was about to take off - no time or energy to waste yet.

His instincts kicked in and he began an all out sprint towards the turbolift, switching directions and hopping down a level, trying to catch it before it sped out of sight completely...

imported_Baralai Lotus
Apr 14th, 2005, 06:12:30 PM
Baralai heard the woman's voice cry out from the shadows. He looked back to see the woman riding the turbolifts, and even more odd, she was being chased by a man.

The man was jumping from left to right, jumping down levels off the streets. Baralai's eyes widened. . .JEDI!! He took a deep breath and looked over at Victor. "Run Victor! Jedi! Get to the lab!" Victor and Baralai took off, full speed ahead.

They never missed a beat, heading at an all at sprint. Their feet slapped the wet pavement, and Victor's size nearly cracked the pavement. They moved quickly, their bodies leaning forward and their trenchcoats flying in the wind.

The two turned left, right, headed down the dark alleyway and a few other directions, just hoping to get away from the two. Baralai felt himself getting winded and stopped to relax. He pushed his body against the wall, his whole figure red from his lack of breath.

Victor stood, looking down at Baralai and how. . .human he was. "Victor," Baralai said, "It seems that we are being chased. That prostitute knows what we look like. She's going to tell that Jedi. . .and we will be dead. We have got to get to the lab as quickly as possible, but we have to be quiet. Don't breath or speak until I say so." Baralai took another deep breath and prepared himself for what could be around the corner.

imported_Taala
Apr 16th, 2005, 12:48:13 AM
The man saw me, and jumped down the level from the bridge. He was running towards me, and I felt pretty foolish. What if this was a third man involved in Sari and Inja's murders? Too late now.

Behind me the 'lift door opened, and I stuck a foot out behind me to keep it where it was. The man stopped in front of me, not out of breath at all, and took in my clothing. I was wearing shiny silver heels with fishnets, a too-short black skirt, and an off the shoulder, skin tight, silvery tank top. No, he knew what I was. A professional. I waited for the gleam of lust to appear in his eyes, and when all I read was genuine concern my mouth uncorked.

"They went that way - they killed Sari and Inja!" I pointed the way he'd been heading previously. "Not three minutes ago."

Liam Jinn
Apr 17th, 2005, 02:00:06 PM
Liam looked off into the direction the woman was pointing and nodded.

"Three minutes? Well we better get moving if we're going to catch them."

He smiled and offered his hand, but the woman just looked at him like he was crazy.

"Look, they might know that you saw them. I can't take a chance of them doubling back and finding you. Besides, you'll be safer with me than out here alone."

He was wearing black pants and a black t-shirt, with a lightsaber hanging from his belt. It probably wasn't the most trustworthy appearance, but he didn't come out tonight to make friends.

The Jedi Master took a step towards the lift doors, and offered his hand again.

"Jedi Master Liam Jinn, at your services," he smiled again, lowering his head slightly as a greeting. "Now, we really must be going."

imported_Taala
Apr 18th, 2005, 01:37:19 AM
I felt my mouth hanging open, so I closed it. "I'd ask how I can trust you, but I really don't have a choice, do I?" I stepped towards him, the 'lift doors sliding shut after my foot moved. "Okay, tiger. I'm all yours."

I still didn't take his hand, but I followed him, my heels clicking on the duracrete ground as we headed back towards the bridge and the stairs that led to the other level. "What about the girls? I don't want to just... leave them..."

imported_Baralai Lotus
Apr 21st, 2005, 08:49:07 PM
He breathed heavily as I sat against the wall. "Victor, the lab, it's only a few blocks away. We need to get to the lifts." He motioned to the lifts and listened for anything. No footsteps, but the loud noise of the lifts could be heard. Was the girl still there? Were they still being chased by the Jedi?

Victor and Baralai started running for the lifts, diving in and out of buildings. He needed to get as far away as possible. He ran through the alleyways, looking for any signs of the two chasing them. They were after all running back to the alleyway they had commited the crime at. Then just as quickly as he thought it, they were there. He looked to see the two bodies laying in the puddles of water.

Their lifeless forms bleeding onto the street. They were close to the lifts, very close. He needed to get to them, then he could get back to the lab. He was so close. They started running down the alleyway, running for the lifts. The cracking of bones and skulls could be heard as Victor carelessly trampled on the dead bodies.

Liam Jinn
May 2nd, 2005, 10:35:52 PM
As the two neared the stairs to the bridge, the Jedi Master held out an arm, stopping his new acquaintance.

"Something's not right." He said as he slowly moved to unclip his lightsaber. "They're close...Try to stay behind me."

Liam could feel the murderers nearing the bridge above him, but not coming from the way he had expected. They had doubled back.

Thank the Force I saw the girl when I did.

Taking a few steps back, with his arm still outstreched keeping the woman behind him, he finally caught his first glimpse of the attackers - and he knew they saw him.

"So you came to confess your crimes and give up?" The Jedi shouted.

imported_Baralai Lotus
May 10th, 2005, 05:44:59 PM
Baralai smirked nervously, this man was a jedi. There wasn't a chance of them surviving, but instinctevely he pulled out his knife.
With anger in his voice he spoke to the jedi, "I confess nothing! Move jedi, or your body will lie with these two!" He didn't know what he was doing, he stood no chance against a jedi. But regardless, he had to try, it was his nature. He held his ground, and waited for the jedi to make a move.

Zharoel Ankhta
May 18th, 2005, 08:11:52 PM
It was rare that Zharoel would come to Coruscant, once every decade or so was as frequent as the visits got, but this was his first time back since the Yuuzhan Vong Wars. The whole frelling planet was too crowded, too many active minds for the Umojan; just being on the surface gave him a headache. Even so, Zharoel openly admired the planet, how so many billions…trillions?...of beings could coexist in the pinnacle of urban environment would stupefy any of the citizens of Umoja.

He generally stayed to the undercity, in the shadows, away from the prying eyes of the higher echelons of Coruscant society. But tonight, Zharoel strayed to the upper levels. He had sat for hours on end, perched of one of marble colossi, the watchful sentries from millennia past, arms folded over a smoothed, elongated, bowl shaped firearm. For hours he scrutinized the one place he couldn’t tread, the Jedi Temple. The Jedi, self-proclaimed defenders of peace and sovereignty, warriors of the free Republic, the heart and wisdom of the force…..a mass of narrow-mind hypocrites.

With a mental roar of frustration and rage, Zharoel drove a pebbly four-fingered hand into the gleaming stone statue that raised its eyes in reverence to the spire of the Jedi Council dominating the surround cityscape. Maybe someone would hear to psychic cry, maybe they wouldn’t, Zharoel didn’t care.

Steadfast, glowing yellow eyes never left the citadel, as the Umojan clambered to his feet in the shadows, never left as the robed figure dropped from level to level, deeper and deeper into urban hell.

That had been less than and hour ago, and now Zharoel hung, wreathed in darkness, above the confrontation below. He had seen everything, the killing of two females by the dark-haired human. A sight that normally would have been disregarded, but something had caught the aliens eye, or rather someone. Zharoel clung with one-hand to the lattice of support girders in absolute silence above the four beings below, but glowing eyes focused on a single figure, the tall one, the one’s whose mind, even to Zharoel’s limited empathy, stood out. Primitive, limited….absent. Not like a sentient with a mental illness would have, but like one whose brain had shut down and was kept sustained by technology.

The shrouded Umojan scrutinized everything about this Thing. The abnormal height for a human, the lopsided gait, patterns of mismatched skin, the clicking, clacking, and whirring of machinations.

Is it possible…….reanimated dead? The several tomes Zharoel studied hinted at the possibility. Transplanting memories and essence from one body to another is entirely possible, but to bring dead tissue back some half-life existence was stuff of legend from eons back. If it were truly possible, the procedure would have to be documented, everything had to be recorded.

The lore seeking side of Zharoel took precedence over his cautious nature, even with the Jedi standing there. Zharoel let his vice-like grip on the girder falter. In one fluid motion the Umojan let his fall be guided with his gripping-hand while using the other to hold the gun to his chest beneath the robes. The only sound made was the soft fluttering of cloth in the air and the light thud of Zharoel’s three-toed feet hitting the ground in a crouching stance between the two groups. The robes concealed most of the alien’s body, hiding his double jointed legs, essentially masking his true height. From beneath the robe’s cowl, glowing yellow eyes stared at the Jedi and human girl. Only a single purple-gray hand, with an almost scale-like texture showed. Zharoel lightly drummed the four digits against the ferrocrete floor, curved claws clicking in a rhythmic pattern on the pavement.

When the Umojan ‘spoke’, it wasn’t with words, but thoughts. Mental images coupled with projected feelings cast an abstract impression within the minds of those nearby.

"Two deaths out of a thousand this night are of no concern to you, psion; the human race will live on. Leave these two be.”

Zharoel put as much of a mental sneer into the mix of psychic communicae as he dared with the Jedi present.

imported_Baralai Lotus
May 19th, 2005, 01:41:43 AM
Baralai stepped back as this new being came into the alleyway. What the hell was this thing? He looked at Victor, who stood, silent as always. Baralai gawked and stared at the newcomer, and his mind began to piece together what he could of this thing.

He was not to be trusted, although he was trying to make the jedi leave. Baralai slowly slipped his knife back into his jacket and stood, silent and still. Victor did the same. Baralai wanted to call out to the creature, to speak to him, but he could not. It was hard to even think, what was standing before him?

imported_Taala
May 20th, 2005, 11:03:03 PM
I bit back a scream at the bizarre newcomer, huddling at the wall behind the Jedi's back. A muted moan escaped my lips, but other than that I was silent. The images of the two girls was burned in my brain. Jedi or no Jedi, I thought that I had better stay the night in the Watch house.

If I could get there. It seemed like a three ring circus was developing in front of me.

Liam Jinn
May 26th, 2005, 02:52:36 PM
The Jedi Master raised an eyebrow at the newcomer. A strange looking being, but it was Coruscant after all.

"These two can not be allowed to walk the streets, not after what they've done. Now, since this does not involve you, I suggest you be on your way."

Zharoel Ankhta
May 26th, 2005, 07:06:17 PM
Zharoel glared at the blind fool. “You do not know the absolute miracle that is walking before you.” Zharoel let contemptuous amusement roll from his mind in waves. “Then again, the Jedi have always been to narrow-minded to appreciate the impact of many of the lost arts.

There was no possible way that Zharoel could win a battle against the psion before him, but the umojan had faced these force-users before. There were always ways to avoid a direct fight.

“I am afraid I can’t do as you request. Zharoel slowly extend his legs, bringing him up from his crouched position. The robes that had once pooled at his feet now barely hung past his fore-knees. The umojan towered a good meter above the Jedi.

“I believe that you should be the one to leave, psion.”