PDA

View Full Version : Arming Mental Defense

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:42:14 AM
The gardens by the Temple were one of the few places to find such natural beauty. Though the area was not as large as the Jedi would wish it, one could easily get lost in here and pretend they were somewhere else ... if you could drown out the sounds of the hovercars honking and zooming by. The designers did an excellent job to cover citizens eyes of the surrounding metropolis and only once you exited the area, did the city leap out at you and remind the person you were still on Coruscant.

It was here that Navaria decided to meet Kieran. Today's lesson didn't require a classroom and the change in scenery would be good for her Padawan. If he wasn't studying inside the Temple, he was out in space with the fleet. A little color would be exceptionally well for him.

Kieran Devaneaux
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:30:36 PM
Kieran Devaneaux was dressed plainly, simple white robe, unweighted by trinkets. In his way, he looked very monkish - almost like Jubei in a way. He could not say he felt entirely ready to begin, but he had to try anyway. Anything he could get done before he had to be redeployed.....he felt he had fallen behind on his Jedi training. Damn war.

Kieran walked into the garden....and smiled. She knew his mind. Anything to get him out of the temple... "I am here, Master. I'm ready when you are."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 13th, 2005, 04:52:29 PM
"So quick you are wanting to begin?" She patted the empty part of the bench she was sitting on, urging him to take it.

Kieran Devaneaux
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:11:49 PM
Kieran sat down slowly, still favoring his knee. "Getting rickety."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:37:45 PM
"It will heal. If not, there is the Force. You'd be surprised at what a Master Jedi can do who uses a walking stick."

Kieran Devaneaux
Apr 13th, 2005, 08:36:47 PM
Kieran chuckled. "That'll be the day." He was somewhat more serious, though he still smiled as he said, "This place makes me feel somewhat....calmer."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:38:27 PM
"I had a notion you'd be comfortable here." She smiled lightly. "Would make the lesson easier since it is imperative to have a calm mind in order to be more ... perceptive of your surroundings. Real and imaginary."

Kieran Devaneaux
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:10:22 PM
"I can see that." Kieran sighed deeply. "I should remember to have a place like this when I'm not out travelling...."

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 16th, 2005, 10:42:22 AM
She nodded in agreement, "Yes. Before you must face your father, I suggest coming here to practice and meditate. It will help to strengthen your focus in general."

Kieran Devaneaux
Apr 18th, 2005, 02:00:45 PM
"I can see the truth in that." Kieran chuckled.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 20th, 2005, 05:04:28 PM
"Good. Which is why we're beginning now." She said evenly, "Go into a meditative state, but do not go too far. I do not wish you slipping away from me."

Reaching out with the Force, Navaria kept her senses alert around Kieran for any change in how the power flowed through him.

Kieran Devaneaux
Apr 22nd, 2005, 12:13:47 AM
Kieran nodded and did as he was instructed - not focusing as deeply as he had when Nav had discovered him, but enough to achieve meditative state. He knew she was watching him - and he hoped that nothing would happen, to either him or her, for whatever reason....

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 27th, 2005, 03:33:09 PM
She shook her head, something that Kieran did not see since his eyes were closed. "Your mind must not be filled with thoughts either. Continue in this state but clear your mind of worry."

Kieran Devaneaux
May 2nd, 2005, 08:55:56 PM
Kieran did as Nav instructed, clearing his mind of the worries. Again, keeping himself from going too deep, Kieran remained silent....

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2005, 04:17:15 PM
His Master's voice was ethereal but comforting within his mind. Kieran felt warm and at peace with her presence there.

Are all of your memories troublesome? Were there no good times at all in your life?"

Kieran Devaneaux
May 4th, 2005, 05:09:01 PM
Kieran was somewhat hesitant. I....don't remember any. You've seen what my father is like; he's demented and cruel. I've spent twenty years trying to live my life, but I haven't the faintest idea of where to begin. So much was taken....

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2005, 05:15:19 PM
I understand more then you know, Kieran. Yet, there must be one moment in your life that you felt completely at ease and at peace.

Kieran Devaneaux
May 4th, 2005, 08:21:34 PM
No....I have not had such a moment in my life. I don't even know how it's supposed to feel. I lived in the sphere of a madman for sixteen years, and have spent seven years on the run - from what, I am not sure. Not just my father, I think...

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2005, 09:32:35 PM
Even on the run? You felt ... nothing?

Navaria could not believe this. Everyone had at least one moment of perfect clarity and peace no matter how brief.

You know my presence. Tell me what you feel of it inside your mind.

Kieran Devaneaux
May 5th, 2005, 09:09:00 PM
I...don't know....peace, perhaps, but I cannot say. I do not know what that feels like....

Navaria Tarkin
May 7th, 2005, 08:55:44 AM
Then focus on my presence and learn...

Navaria's voice faded from his mind, but that warmth came over Kieran once more, making his skin tingle. Slowly his muscles loosened and any anxiety melted away leaving his body fully relaxed. The Force easily entered his body to surround him within its power. Like a mother holding her son, it offered comfort and support for the darker days that were soon to follow.

Kieran Devaneaux
May 23rd, 2005, 09:07:12 AM
Kieran was surprised at the sudden wave he felt. He could not accurately describe it - he only knew something was at work. Whatever struggle with Artimus he had was inconsequential, at least right now....