PDA

View Full Version : Poll and Roll

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 11th, 2005, 03:54:30 PM
Post if you're still here.

And in your "I'm still here" post, tell me what you think about our group, and if you think making us an ACTUAL group is a good idea, or if we should remain as we are at the moment? If we went back to being a true group, we could just say that the time in between never happened. Because nothing's happened in the time in between.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:58:02 PM
Here-ish.

And I believe that it'd be better as a group group, in that it might be able to get some of our characters to interact with each other more so. I mean, like, I know I can't reasonably think of a way to RP with more than half the group since I have no idea, IC that they exsist, nor any way IC that they would ever meet.

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 12th, 2005, 07:52:03 AM
This for the Dark Jedi-y people or the Vamps? I presume the Dark Jedi-y but I'm typing while sleeping ... :zzz

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 12th, 2005, 10:06:44 AM
Well, it does get a bit complicated because there are members of the Cabal who were never members of KA. So this would only affect Salem and Raizelle and their apprentices.

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 12th, 2005, 06:46:34 PM
got it :)

:: disappears outta the thread ::

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 13th, 2005, 05:43:24 PM
Not to say Miranda can't become a member of KA if we do make it a proper group again. Of course, apparently only Snack and I are left. ^_^;

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:36:30 PM
Well, true. Miranda is kinda in limbo at the moment :\

Kyashi
Apr 13th, 2005, 10:40:41 PM
I'm here, but possibly leaving because I'm not getting anything done here :( Which sucks - I need a master for Kyashi that won't go AWOL on me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 09:52:19 AM
Did you have an opinion on the poll? :) You were a member of KA before.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 14th, 2005, 10:05:42 AM
What happened to Silus? And Gash? And everyone else? :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 11:16:27 AM
Silus has been working 7 day weeks since... oh, a long time. Gash is... I dunno. Je'gan is still around so Gash is here somewhere... Gav is focusing on RPing Loki and not Gav.

Alf
Apr 14th, 2005, 12:28:30 PM
I'm here and I'm for going back to the group. Sorry it took so long to see this, but been busy with work ^_^;

Razielle Shadana
Apr 15th, 2005, 08:01:19 AM
I'm here. I'm not leaving anytime soon, I just have to do battle with my 2 year old for time to post is all. :rolleyes

I rather liked the KA as a group. I thought us rather formidable and spiffy. Gathered 'round a table discussing our plans and whims and so forth was nifty. Now for the follow through, right? LOL

I won't speak for whole Cabal, but I do think that the majority (wherever they are) would be keen on joining the KA. In fact I would be happy to see the whole Cabal join. That way our members not only get the vamp/ghoul ranking, but training for the Sith / Dark Jedi among us as well.

- as a side note.
I am so sorry to anyone I am holding up. RL is giving me issues. I can't promise that I can post and be on everyday, but I can promise that I am not going anywhere. Give me a couple days and I'll always be back :)

Kyashi
Apr 15th, 2005, 08:57:50 PM
I know that real life gets in the way of posting - I just have no patience ^_^;

BUT...if the KA was a group again, maybe I would be able to get training from other members whilst Raz and Gav are busy?

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 15th, 2005, 11:48:08 PM
I personally wouldn't mind being a member of KA if you want Miranda. maybe find some direction with her :\

Silus Xilarian
Apr 19th, 2005, 04:43:26 PM
im still lurking. I personally feel as though we can ride a bit of a middle ground. More or less, we have three different "groups" meshed in here, KA (LD and Silus), the Krath (Daria, Naj, and assorted pets) and of course the Cabal (Vampy types). And of course, a few lone wolves here and there.

anyways, while we dont have to live on the same planet together in a 3's companyish sort of way, we CAN arrange secretive meetings of the minds to discuss the evils that we wish to unleash. We dont even have to really like each other, but even evil bastards like us know that having friends is a good thing.

Anyway, my 3 cents

Royston Basillie
Apr 19th, 2005, 09:29:34 PM
I am here, but technicaly I am not part of the KA therefore I do not feel like I should say anything regarding the KA.

Jared Mriad
Apr 19th, 2005, 09:33:50 PM
I'm around, as well. Carpel tunnel' and painkilser have my head kinda wonky right now, so I don't think a opinion would be quite illigible rgiht now, I'll come back wtih one lather.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 19th, 2005, 09:54:55 PM
I like the idea of leaving us as three connected groups, however, I would like some ideas on how to organize it so we can have some sort of heirarchy, or chain of command, or something.

Or maybe nothing. I just don't want to feel like I'm the only one who comes up with things for us to do.

Alf
Apr 19th, 2005, 10:15:42 PM
How about something like the Greeks had with Agustus Ceaser. I can't think of the word right now, but it had three people ruling over them? Have the three heads of the groups do that. Just my 2 cents

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 19th, 2005, 10:55:46 PM
you mean a triumvirate? An appointed leader, or figurehead is a better word, from each group?

Alf
Apr 19th, 2005, 11:06:12 PM
That's what I'm talking abut! There ya go that thing!

No wonder I couldn't remember it, look how big it is. Anyways, back to the subject, yes the triumvirate is what I would suggest.

Han Fernua
Apr 21st, 2005, 12:40:45 AM
I'm around. Aimlessly around....

I like the group thing, too. Its hard to really do anything with people when we are all suppose to be seperate and away-ish from eachother. That means, in my case, that there is only me and my master to do things with. Not that that is not enough, but you get my drift.

The whole leadership thing I see as a problem IC. It all comes down to who is the biggest, baddest person around and able to wip the members into shape, when and if needed. But then, if you go with this Triumvirate thing, you have to have those three members able to work with eachother, to a point. If they all just flat out hate eachother then its not going to last very long. Nothing wrong with trying to, you know, kill off the other members slowly so that you can take full power of the group. Ahm.

Anyway, it doesn't have to a a orginized group. Just people who are allies and are willing to help eachother out now and then, cause massive damage and kill a lot of people. All in a days work.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 21st, 2005, 12:02:36 PM
I might like the triumvirate idea, 'cept we're supposed to be a circle, not a triangle. ;) Seriously though, the members of the Krath are still apprentices, and the group is secret enough that LD and Silus don't know it exists yet. So perhaps this could be done in the future.

Any more ideas? Anyone seen Gash around? Or Salem?

Han Fernua
Apr 21st, 2005, 11:50:15 PM
So you want to keep it a 'circle.' Would that then mean that everyone is equal, except for in skills, inside this cirlce? Otherwise, you can't really have what it sounds like what you want, without someone being on top, and that is not a circle.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 22nd, 2005, 07:25:44 AM
King Arthur had his knights of the rodn table, which he was a part of (I believe). But he was still their king.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

Razielle Shadana
Apr 22nd, 2005, 03:11:40 PM
Okay, someone go search for the 'piffy Latin term for "circle-squashed-into-a-triangly-shape".:lol

Honestly I'll be okay with whatever is decided, although I do like the triumvirate idea. It sounds promising. Personally I don't think that we have to take the group name at undisputed geometric value, do we? LOL!

Jared. Feel better soon! -hugs- Remind me to pitch my idea at you when you can type! :)

Alf
Apr 22nd, 2005, 04:10:57 PM
Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
King Arthur had his knights of the rodn table, which he was a part of (I believe). But he was still their king.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

Yes but the way I remember it, he wanted them to think of him as equal to them and not over them so that they would speak honestly and openly to him. This I would see as a problem, because if you get a group of darksiders together and say they are equal in voicing thier opinions, then I forsee heads rolling IC.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 22nd, 2005, 04:18:02 PM
Originally posted by Razielle Shadana
Honestly I'll be okay with whatever is decided, although I do like the triumvirate idea. It sounds promising. Personally I don't think that we have to take the group name at undisputed geometric value, do we? LOL!

I like this idea too, and we certainl don't need to take the name at it's geometric value. Obviously not everyone is equal - we've got masters, knights, and apprentices.

When Silus comes back, I'm going to do my darndest to get his master trial finished, but without Gav's help it's really not much of a trial. I'll see what I can do about it... but if no one has any objections, we can go ahead and bestow on Silus Xilarian the rank of Master. Any objections?

That still leaves me as the lone active dark side master in the group. Salem is the highest ranking Cabal member, but he is inactive at the moment. If we're going with a leadership of three, then LD, Gav and Salem make the most sense for the positions. Gav, however, isn't RPing Gav anymore. :\ Naj and Daria aren't in any positions to be leaders, as they're both apprentices, so they're not going to be considered for the moment. The active people who make sense for the positions are LD and Razielle, imo. But that's only two.

There isn't going to be any nonsense about voting in leaders in an IC sense, or anything like that. Too democratic. Should we agree that the leaders are in for life, or until they step down or are taken down?

In order to get things done, there should be total agreement in the triumvirate (3/3). Or 2/3?

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 22nd, 2005, 04:58:03 PM
Originally posted by Alf
Yes but the way I remember it, he wanted them to think of him as equal to them and not over them so that they would speak honestly and openly to him. This I would see as a problem, because if you get a group of darksiders together and say they are equal in voicing thier opinions, then I forsee heads rolling IC.

We're Darksiders, heads should be rolling anyway. :p But yea, I think I remember Arthur also saying that he was to be treated equally. I left that aprt out cause it didn't help my cause. :)

No objections for Silus to be Mastered. If he earned it he earned it. And for the leadershiop of three - I agree with that. But if the positions can't be filled by conventional means (highest ranking person in each of the groups), then why not have like, a representative from each group step in until a leader comes forth? Maybe no the best idea, but gives the group a say in what should be what.

Alf
Apr 22nd, 2005, 11:08:40 PM
I agree with Snack for the representative and as far as the agreement thing, I believe just having a majority vote of 2/3 would be the best way to go. Because IC you would have them thinking about what was best for thier group and not everthing one person wanted to do would be the best for someone else and this might cause less to get done.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 23rd, 2005, 01:14:46 AM
Each group (right now, the Cabal and ... ld and silus?) could have their own process of deciding who represents them, or who is their leader. the IC leader should be the person in the triumvirate. We'll have to give it a cool name.

Miranda Dunleavy
Apr 23rd, 2005, 07:56:20 AM
I agree... that way there is a consensus that everyone is good who is representing the group. It's more like congress anyway this idea... must keep the constituants happy :p

and since we're all ebil.. dirty politics are acceptable!

Han Fernua
Apr 24th, 2005, 12:15:43 AM
Well, if we were to have one for each group (isn't there three?) then it might be hard for them to come to any kind of agrement, with just the three of them. They would, I would think, be looking out for what is best for their own groups and so forth.

Anyway, it is going to be hard to get a leader when there is so many people that are rarely on. The representitive idea is good, but it seems, at times, they would be leading more then the 'leader' would be.

And as for Silus.....if you think he should be viewed as a master, then let it be done. I dont like ceremonies and all that other stuff it takes to get there. If he's ready and has the skills, then forget it all and be like Anakin and jsut be knighted.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 24th, 2005, 02:04:18 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
the IC leader should be the person in the triumvirate.Yes I agree.

Or the three highest ranked in the force, groups be dammed.

??

Alf
Apr 24th, 2005, 10:12:08 AM
Wouldn't it be the same? Atleast that's what I had in mind when I brought up the idea about the triangle.

Razielle Shadana
Apr 24th, 2005, 07:00:55 PM
I'll try and poke at Jenny tomorrow and see if Salem will be casting an aye or nay in for the job. If not, or until Salem is around, I'll put in where I'm needed. :)

As for Silus, I say go for it. :D :thumbup

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 25th, 2005, 01:48:53 AM
Well next time the ol' Jamesy boy is around I'll tell him the good news. :D

Silus Xilarian
Apr 25th, 2005, 04:20:51 PM
i object, finish my effing trial =p

O btw. I like the triumvirate idea, and it can work geometrically. gimme a bit =)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 25th, 2005, 06:15:59 PM
I'll finish the effing trial, but it's going to take FOREVER.

Salem Ave
Apr 27th, 2005, 07:22:48 AM
Originally posted by Razielle Shadana
I'll try and poke at Jenny tomorrow and see if Salem will be casting an aye or nay in for the job.

You raaaaang...

As you all probably have noticed, I have been doing very little RPing lately. In part because my time has been taken up by also things, but also because I just haven't had the drive to contribute - there hasn't been anything fresh that's caught my interest, and as we all know its supposed to be fun RPing, not an obligation.

Anyhoo, with this in mind, I wouldn't feel right taking a position of leadership. Any current positions of power that I have I'll be "fulfiling" until the end of their term (e.g. GJO council), but outside of that I don't want to take on board anything extra. Perhaps in the summer, when I don't really have anything to do, but not before then.

I would really like to be able to say yes, and to play Salem much more, since I really enjoy playing him, but I don't think it would be honest or fair for me to do so.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 27th, 2005, 11:17:12 AM
Do you hear from Je'gan much? We need to figure out a new master for Gash then, if he still wishes to RP.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 27th, 2005, 01:33:50 PM
I see Je'gan every now and then over at RPG. Methinks he's been busy or will be busy or something like that.

Gash
Apr 28th, 2005, 08:32:31 AM
Has been, kinda still is - mostly suffering from a lack of motivation to start or join any new threads with this character. But if we're getting some activity going, I figure that could get me back in the swing of things with Gash.

Oh, and I don't have any problem with the stuff that's been discussed earlier in the thread. Just throwing in my two cents...