PDA

View Full Version : Familiar faces and untold dangers (Southstar)

Kathrine
Apr 11th, 2005, 09:05:36 AM
Almost tentatively, she walked through the Palace of the Sith. She had been gone only a month or two, but it felt like ages. She had sent word to her former master that she had returned and he would be there in moment. As to what his attitude would be, who knew. She didn't care all that much, but she had to.

"Any minute now, we'll see what he really thinks of me..."

She looked around once more at her surroundings and nodded. There was nothing about but a long hall way. Nothing he could use against her except the Force and his lightsaber. At the thought of the weapon, she brushed teh bag on her her hip and sighed. Within were the two jewels she had used to create her faulty lightsaber. They would be the same ones she used to create her next one. A good one. A better one. If she survived this encounter.

Southstar
Apr 11th, 2005, 04:16:37 PM
He had heard of Kathrine's return not more than a day ago and to be completely honest. He was surprised that she had come back. Whether or not it was to finish training remained to be revealed.

He walked the halls between his new office and the lobby of the Palace. Their relatiopnship had always been quite rocky. Their personalities clashed, that was for sure. She was even powerful, so powerful to the point that Southstar felt threatened. Threatened enough to attempt killing her. Things had been on the road to reconciliation between the master and the apprentice, but a succession of failures on her part created a schism between the two. Perhaps it was about to be healed.

He rounded a corner into the heart of the Palace. A lot had happened in the past couple of months. Rayna Eclipse had begun learning under him in an effort to fully change to the darkside. Jezreal Darkshard was also studying under him in a quest to understand telekinesis. There was the issue of Rasha Ville. He had begun a new politcal relationship with Jacen Mann. Things had been turbulant and times had changed. He felt changed himself.

He finally reached the lobby after a twenty minute walk across the palace. He stopped about ten feet away from Kathrine and stood in silence. Seconds ticked by like they were hours. Finally he spoke. "Well, what have you come back for?"

Kathrine
Apr 11th, 2005, 04:20:53 PM
She stood there, her normal smart retorts not far from the surface, but she visibly refrained.

"To...to finish my training...," she said in a hushed voice.

Southstar
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:42:45 PM
He could jeer her and taunt her. Mock her. And he wasn't far from giving her a taste of her own medicine. Instead he said: "I thought you were done with me and your training. You lack of effort towards my.. our, goals has given me reason to believe so."

Kathrine
Apr 11th, 2005, 06:49:15 PM
"I've gone through some rather...interesting...ordeals since the last time we've spoken. Some, if not most of them have lead me to believe that I was...," she hesitated as she forced the words to come out. "That I was...wrong about things."

Southstar
Apr 13th, 2005, 07:46:20 AM
Now, resisting the urge to laugh was becoming harder. Not necessarily at her, but rather at the whole situation. If someone the previous day had asked him where he'd be today, his reply wouldn't have reflected any sort of situation that he was currently in. He nodded his head and rubbed his chin thinking back to what drove them apart.

It was he who kicked her out, not her who left. That made the situation a little more difficult. He had to at least justify his anger if not apologize for it. Apologies disgusted him, there was no sense in futilly trying to remake the past. Silently, he cursed himself for not coming in with a plan of action. His mind was still undecided as to letting her resume studying or not.

If she didn't get training through him, she might get it from another Sith of the Order. She might go elsewhere to resume training, there were plenty of Sith factions. She had a great deal of raw power and to be honest, he did fear it being used against him. He might accept her yet, if only because he feared not having some control over her.

Best to just start at the beginning. "Alright. Let's go for a walk." He nodded towards the door and lead the way out. The night was cool and brightly lit by the moons and stars. In the distance the lights of Coronet flickered and twinkled. "So what has happened since we last spoke?"

OOC: You could go ahead and give a short summery in Kathrine's own voice or just post some links and simply say you told me, though not written out.

Kathrine
Apr 13th, 2005, 08:50:42 AM
Kathrine walked into the cool night, thinking of how to put her situation after her abandonment. "After the fight, I was in pretty bad shape and stayed in a bacta tank for a day or two. I then caught a ship to Coruscant for a few days, and while there I decided to go to a few bars and try and loosen up. I ended up in the Jedi bar and met a Jedi, but I never knew he was until later. I never thought about checking."

"But he invited me to another club. The Red Dragon. There was a brawl and I ended up having a sai a few inches into my abdomen. He saved me. A Jedi save me! He knew I was a Sith the entire time and he saved me...it was disgracing to say the least."

Southstar
Apr 13th, 2005, 03:06:30 PM
"Saved by a Jedi..." He murmered to himself.

Well this complicated things. One one side he was currently dealing with a small sect of Jedi and working to eradicate them. On the other his apprentice, or former apprentice, had dealings with one which painted them in a different light. Then there was the issue of Rayna Eclipse. A former Jedi herself of the group he was working to destroy. It could be worse, but still things remained difficult.

How does this affect your stance as a Sith and should I be concerned? Was what he wanted to ask. Perhaps there was a more subtle way of finding this out. "Are you gratful for his intervention?"

Kathrine
Apr 13th, 2005, 05:15:38 PM
A question she had been asking herself for a few days. "I don't know. I am grateful I'm not dead, but I'm not very grateful to be in the debt of a Jedi."

Southstar
Apr 13th, 2005, 06:54:49 PM
"Who says you're in debt?" He replied quickly. "You are a Sith. We're in debt to no one." He paused. "And how is it again that you came to the point of needing saving?" A sai against her abdomen, of course. Most likely by surprise. "Was there anything you should have been able to do to prevent it?

Kathrine
Apr 14th, 2005, 12:11:29 PM
"I should have been careful. More attuned to my surroundings, but I wasn't...," she paused for a moment. "...I was careless."

Southstar
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:18:16 PM
"You're learning." He said and smiled a little. Perhaps it was a little experience that was needed to push her on the path. Logically he would allow her back in. She wanted to continue training, but the question was whether or not he wanted to as well. The times ahead were looking dark and turbulant for the Sith Order. He couldn't afford to have an uncommitted and foolish apprentice at hand.

"Now you want to resume training... as always, it isn't easy. You're sure about this?" He asked, but the question applied to them both.

Kathrine
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:30:06 PM
She nodded slowly once and then again more forcefully. "I am. More sure than the first day I was here. This is my calling."

Southstar
Apr 15th, 2005, 11:18:17 PM
"Calling? That's a strong word." He commented. He silently wondered if he ever felt called to be a Sith. Maybe, in one way or another. "Alright, we'll finish your training. You better not fail me this time, or it's your head."

They came around the corner of the palace and entered through the rear door near the gardens. He had to say he was most surprised with his patience and pacifism with her. Maybe the time gone by had helped or his thinking was clearer. Perhaps he was too tired to get angry, the past days, months had been stressful. Either way, Kathrine had returned as his apprentice, the only question remaining was when they would meet for training.

His schedule flashed in his mind and he realized tommorrow was going to be busy. "We'll start early, just before dawn and aim to wrap up by mid morning." He faced her in a small room where the hallways met. "By then I'll give you a definite plan for what we're going to do for the day." Silently it formed in his head, it wasn't going to be a good time for her. "So until then." He said and began to turn to enter the hall where his room was.

Kathrine
Apr 16th, 2005, 12:04:00 PM
Kathrine nodded as she watched him leave. It's going to get tough now. Better go ahead and go get some rest, she thought as she turned towards the other hallway and to her room.