PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard 4 Takes a Major Nosedive

JMK
Apr 7th, 2005, 02:26:00 PM
http://entertainment.sympatico.msn.ca/celebs/articles/1110067.armx

Justin Timberlake is set to star in the latest 'Die Hard' film as Bruce Willis' son.

:cry

Granted we don't know the importance and size of the role, but you can't think that Willis would bring him in if it were just for a cameo.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 7th, 2005, 04:44:45 PM
I don't think another Die Hard Movie would work. Willis is too old to play Mclain any more.

darth_mcbain
Apr 7th, 2005, 04:47:40 PM
Oh no - why make another one!? Just let the series be... I thought the series took a big nosedive with the third one, don't drag it down any further by making another.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 7th, 2005, 04:49:29 PM
I actually loved the third movie, it was almost as good as the first one, and way better than the second film. I loved how they worked Samuel Jackson in it and Jermey Irons as the bad guy he was almost as good as his brother :p

Shawn
Apr 7th, 2005, 05:02:37 PM
I'm getting pretty tired of this trend of going back and making sequels to 10+ year old movies that didn't need any more sequels in the first place.

JMK
Apr 7th, 2005, 06:30:29 PM
It's so predictable though. There's too much money on the table to not make the sequel. No one involved with the making of these movies is concerned with the integrity of the series, just that they squeeze as much out of it as they can.

jjwr
Apr 8th, 2005, 09:29:00 AM
I like the Die Hard Franchise but the 3rd wasn't my favorite. It needs to be a hostage type situation. I loved the second one, all the running around in the airport and different portions of the field, runway, etc were all very well done.

Willis can easily play McLain, yeah he's older but that just makes him grumpier!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 8th, 2005, 10:53:01 AM
I liked the third one better than the second. The Second seemed too much like the first, the third movies was more original and I loved Irons as the bad guy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 8th, 2005, 11:12:00 AM
Well, I loved Lethal Weapon 4. I believe it can be done correctly.

JMK
Apr 8th, 2005, 11:49:54 AM
I agree, I think it can still be done well. Willis showed a little bit of Maclane-ness in Hostage, I do think he can do it. Timberlake on the other hand? This is Die Hard, not Saturday Night Fever!

Zasz Grimm
Apr 9th, 2005, 05:32:34 PM
I think Willis alone is going to carry this one, personally. He's always been one of my favorite actors, and there isn't a movie with him in it that I don't like. (that I can call to memory)

I don't think Timberlake will pull this one down at all. But I would be more satisfied if Samuel L. Jackson was back in it. I don't think Willis is too old, either.

He pulled off The Fifth Element late forties, didn't he?

And hell, did you see his performance in Sin City?

Shawn
Apr 9th, 2005, 06:34:08 PM
I don't think Willis is too old at all, I just think the script is going to be lacking. We'll see, though.

Sanis Prent
Apr 10th, 2005, 09:19:30 PM
Don't knock Timberlake, he's a fantastic actor. I especially loved him as the prince of England in Braveheart lol.

Jedi Master Carr
May 3rd, 2005, 08:15:30 PM
Well he is going to be in Shrek 3 as well

Pop star Justin Timberlake will star alongside real-life girlfriend Cameron Diaz in Shrek 3 as the voice of one of the animated characters. The singer is lending his vocal talents to the role of the young King Arthur in the fantasy feature, which also sees Eddie Murphy and Mike Myers returning to play Donkey and lovable ogre Shrek respectively. And producer Aron Warner has quashed rumors that screen beauty Diaz, who plays Princess Fiona, persuaded him to cast Timberlake - claiming the young pop star was just right for the part. He says, "Our desire was to get somebody who is visible and had their own persona to bring to the table. Justin fit the bill perfectly." Timberlake has already appeared in the cartoon franchise - in Shrek 2, a poster of "Sir Justin" on the wall of Princess Fiona's bedroom flashes across the screen.

I also read he is doing two dramatic films something called Edison and Alpha Dog. Still can't see him as an actor though.

JMK
May 3rd, 2005, 08:27:53 PM
Yeah, as if Diaz didn't help get him that role. :rolleyes

Jedi Master Carr
May 3rd, 2005, 08:46:35 PM
LOL well that was my thought. DW denies it but yeah what ever you say.