PDA

View Full Version : Corner Bars

imported_Taala
Apr 6th, 2005, 03:05:22 PM
It had been a long night, and I wasn't looking to make it longer. I pulled my knee-length coat around me tighter and walked a little faster, my boots making an impressive sound against the duracrete walkway.

The speeder wasn't going away. "Hey, I'm talking to you!" The man was getting more insistent, and I still ignored him. Some people didn't know when to quit. The speeder was a dirty orange and some weird hybrid SoroSuub design. It looked like an unmade bed. "Look, just get in the car, let's talk."

I did finally look at him then. "No thanks. And frell off."

Thankfully he did, although a string of curses trailed off behind the ugly speeder. With a relieved shudder, I turned into the nearest door and pushed it open. The quiet murmur of many conversations washed over me like water, and I made my way to the bar. It was illuminated with about fifty different neon signs, all hawking a different brand of beer.

"Water." I didn't even smile at the bartender, who was young, and cute. "Just water."

"Water for the lady." He smiled. I twisted my lips in something that might have been mistaken for a smile, but was really more of a grimace. "Little late for you to be out by yourself, don't you think? This isn't exactly a good neighborhood."

I did laugh then. "Oh, don't worry, I'm okay."

"Just saying, if you need someone to walk you out to your speeder when you're ready to go."

Then it clicked, he really was just looking at my coat. It was expensive, and I'd taken care of it. Coats didn't grow on trees (not that anything grew on trees on Coruscant), and it got cold in the lower levels this far from the sun. Of course, we were closer to the core, but where I worked there was a ventilation shaft that shot freezing cold air from the poles through the level. It paid to have a coat to take care of you. I just smiled at the bartender, and shook my head. "No speeder, I'm walking. But thank you. For your concern."

I sipped my water, and closed my eyes, listening to the soft music that was playing. And I imagined I was somewhere else.

imported_Bandage
Apr 27th, 2005, 01:39:53 AM
The door opened, and a blast of cold air filled the bar. A figure walked in, tall, but dark, wearing a black suit hat and long coat. But it did little to hide some of his features, which were quite strange. They were bandaged with gauze, leaving very little skin exposed. The patches of skin that were visible were black and dried, as if charred badly by flames. While this individual looked as if he should be in a hospital, or a morgue, he was alive, and better still, walking tall, doing little to hide the remainder of his body. The frame, the lack of curves, screamed male, and with the general shape, he was obviously humanoid, possibly human. Making his way through the bar, ignoring the occasional whisper and gesture towards his bounded and scarred body, Bandage ordered a drink.

"I'll have an orange juice, please."

Zachariah Jak'el
Apr 27th, 2005, 09:53:52 PM
A man watched Taala from a dark corner of the room. He watched as she sat down and when she ordered a drink. He also noticed the way the new bartender, William was his name, had looked at her, or rather her coat. Xel-Naga (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/kylekrogen/Bling2.jpg) made a mental note of this and was going to have a word with Ben Griffin, everyone calls him Lance, who owns this Tavern. The Tavern's name is "The Hapan Princess" And Xel was on freindly terms with the owner and practicaly owned part of the tavern himself. He came in here almost everyday and was almost always the last to leave at closing time.

Xel didn't want any petty thieves stealing things around his bar. All that would accomplish would be the watch poking their heads in here and that was something Xel did not want. He ran a hand through his short dark hair and then brought it down, tracing the newly formed scar that ran down the side of his face.

He got to his feat, a bit of pain washed over him as he did so. He was still recovering from his injuries at the hands of the sith. They had nearly killed him but a few bacta threatments and alot of rest had Xel back on his feet. He walked over to the bar and sat down in an empty seat between the woman and some freaky looking guy. Xel thought he had had it bad but this guy looked like he'd gone dancing in hell.

Xel ordered a Corellian Wiskey as William was laying down a filled glass infront of the burned man. "Be right with you Mr. Naga." Will said as he turned and grabbed a fresh glass and grabbed a large bottle from under the counter and poured it into the glass. Xel accepted the glass from him and took a few sips of it. He looked up and noticed William was starring at Taala's coat again. Xel knew a theif when he saw one. "None of that in here Will" He said calmly "What would Lance say?" Will shrugged his shoulders and went back to work.

Xel turned and leaned against the bar so that he was facing Taala. "Good evening," He started, "Xel-Naga" He extended his open hand.

imported_Taala
Apr 27th, 2005, 11:11:46 PM
I looked at the hand, but didn't touch it. The little exchange between man and bartender hadn't gone unnoticed, and I was pretty sure what the newcomer meant. "I was just leaving. Don't worry, you won't have any of that here." I looked at the bartender, "Thanks for the water."

I got to my feet, brushing past the man who'd thought a prostitute was going to stir up trouble with the help, and the guy in bandages. I pulled my coat in closer, hoping it covered up my skimpy clothing enough so I could walk home unmolested.

Zachariah Jak'el
Apr 28th, 2005, 11:28:24 PM
Xel's hand just hung there for a moment and his mouth was still open from when he had been forming a word. He closed his mouth and sat there for a moment before jumping to his feet and catching up with Taala. "I'm sorry. Did I say something offensive?" He asked when he'd cuaght up with her "Because if I did. I do apologize."

imported_Bandage
Apr 29th, 2005, 02:00:34 AM
Bandage got up, with his orange juice in hand. Walking the space to the two individuals, he spoke.

"Excuse me.......Um, I'm sorry if I happened to startle you, ma'am. If you'd like, I'll take my drink elsewhere. Hey, you were here first....."

Bandage managed a smile, hoping that it wouldn't make him even scarier or more hideous than he already was.

imported_Taala
Apr 30th, 2005, 11:54:17 AM
"Offend me? Frell yeah. Look, you don't want my kind here in your... upscale bar down here in the butt of Coruscant. I understand." Ignoring the concerned patron with the orange juices, Taala left the bar and started walking briskly down the street.

imported_Bandage
Apr 30th, 2005, 05:54:41 PM
Bandage was left standing there......oh well, he wouldn't go after her, to convince her otherwise. She was impolite enough to ignore him after he made a conscious effort to alleviate the problem. To hell with it. Bandage took a good swig of his orange juice. Ah, vitamin C; an essential substance that he had to get from orange juice, since he did not go out in the sunlight often, and when he did so was covered in his bandages. A look of bewilderment upon his face, Bandage turned to the other armored patron.

"Did you just understand what happened? I don't know about yourself, but I'm lost......Why would she be offended? You didn't say anything out of line."

Shaking his head, Bandage outstretched his hand.

"This would call for introductions. The name's Bandage."

Zachariah Jak'el
Apr 30th, 2005, 09:06:02 PM
Xel blinked a few times and stared at the empty space where the woman had stood. He didn't understand. Abvoisly he had said something offensive without meaning it. "Ah, To frell with it" He muttered before turning back to the scary dude. "Bandage, eh?" He said a slight grin played across his face. "The name suits you" Xel took his hand, carefuly incase the man had similar injuries on his hands aswell. "The names Xel-Naga."

imported_Bandage
May 1st, 2005, 04:06:13 AM
Bandage gripped Xel-Naga's hand hard.

"No need to be careful. I can't even feel the burns anymore. Too much nerve damage....And my alias now probably fits me better now than my birth name, the one I went by before my accident."

imported_Baralai Lotus
May 1st, 2005, 07:54:52 PM
Baralai stepped into the bar, watching as the woman from a few nights before stomped off. He looked in too see the bandaged wreck shaking the hand of someone he had never seen before.

He flicked his cigarette beneath his feet and stomped it out. His eyes checked the room, just seeing if there were any other familiar faces. He smirked slightly and stepped inside, Victors large frame following suit.

They went and sat at one of the booths in the corner, Victors massive body barely squeezing into the seat. Baralai pulled out his knife and slammed it into the table. A nearby waitress shook and almost let out a soft yelp.

"Hey sweetheart," Baralai said, "get over here." The waitress hurried over, and before she even said anything, Baralai pulled her by the hem of her apron to his face. He looked her in the eyes and pushed her back upright as he lit up another cigarette. "Scotch for me, and my friend, he'll be fine." Victor grunted in dissatisfaction.

Baralai looked back up at the waitress and smirked at her. "Oh, and by the way," he said, "tell the bandaged mess over there that an old friend says hello." Baralai chuckled softly, spinning his knife blade into the table. The waitress gave a slow, unnerving nod, and Baralai's chuckles slowly grew in decibels. He began to laugh harder and harder, until finally, it sounded as though he was insane. He stopped laughing and took a deep breath. He placed the knife back in his trenchcoat and looked at Victor.

"What a wonderful family reunion. . .right Victor?"

Victor nodded and spoke, "Wonderful. . .re. . .union. . ."

imported_Bandage
May 1st, 2005, 11:13:42 PM
As Bandage was conversing with Xel-Naga, a waitress approached him, and cautiously, as if he would bite her or something, and delivered the message. Bandage looked up, in the direction of the laughter. He noted who it was, and was immediately outraged. The instant anger and aggression came out, and Bandage clenched his teeth, as well as his fists.

"Son of a......"

imported_Baralai Lotus
May 2nd, 2005, 08:46:48 PM
He looked over at Bandage and winked. He waved slightly and noted the clenched fists. He mumbled to himself, "Oh my, so agressive. All I did was say hello?" He turned to Victor, "Right, Victor?" Victor slowly nodded.

Baralai smirked and turned back to his cigarette, "Besides, the bastard won't come near me. Not after last time." Baralai rubbed the jagged scar on his face. Those glass shards had hurt like hell, and although his hair blocked the scar from human sight, he felt so. . .imperfect.

Zachariah Jak'el
May 2nd, 2005, 09:14:25 PM
Xel turned his head and followed Bandage's gaze to a man sitting at a table with a knife in it. "Somebody you don't like?" He asked bandage. wrecking the tables in my job he thought to himself as he watched the man.

imported_Bandage
May 3rd, 2005, 02:53:45 AM
"Yeah."

Bandage's furious gaze met the abomination.

"You know the scum that grows at the bottom of the dumpsters? Well, that lifeform is much better than this abomination, this murderer of women and torturer of children could ever be. The mere sight of this wretch and his automaton gorrilla makes the bile rise from the back of my throat. So it is QUITE safe to say that I have no love lost for this pervert."

imported_Baralai Lotus
May 10th, 2005, 05:42:12 PM
OOC: I had to do this, because it wasn't recognizing my post. The post that was here is being reposted below, thank you.

imported_Baralai Lotus
May 21st, 2005, 11:02:45 PM
I smiled as I overheard these words. I stood up and began walking toward Bandage slowly, as my 'automaton gorrilla' followed behind me. I placed my knife in my coat pocket and began to applaud Bandage.

"How admirable. Save the women and the children. . .it's too bad you can't save yourself." Baralai smirked and looked at him, "But you flatter me my friend. I'm suprised an abomination like yourself can walk these hallways. The murderer of women and children is what you call me, but," he paused, "do you see anyone arresting me?" He slowly began to chuckle as he pulled the knife from his coat and spun it a few times.

"Now then," he said spinning the blade, "you need to learn to watch your mouth. But seeing as how we're in a fine establishment, I'll let you two vermin eat. Enjoy your meals gentlemen, oh, and by the way," he held the knife at Bandage's throat, "you had better learn to hide my friend. Because once I come looking for you, you'll just be another 'automaton gorrilla.'"

Baralai slowly walked off and back to his table where their drinks were waiting. He sat down and continued to enjoy his drink. "The nerve of some people in this city. . ." he said to Victor.

Zachariah Jak'el
May 22nd, 2005, 12:20:09 AM
Xel watched the man leave. Something about the man didn't seem right to Xel. "I just met him and already I hate him" He mumbled to himself. "I just hope he doesn't show his face in here again or I might blow it off."

imported_Bandage
May 22nd, 2005, 02:28:50 AM
"No, the key is to wait until you have precedence. Once you have a good reason, then you blow his face off......"

Bandage takes a sip of his orange juice.

".......or you could just let me know. I'll handle it. You can take the automaton, while I work on the maker."

Zachariah Jak'el
May 22nd, 2005, 09:16:31 PM
"Sounds like fun" Xel said as he peared out the window at the man's retreating back. "I don't mind the average criminal but the truely insane ones really get on my nerves."

imported_Bandage
May 23rd, 2005, 01:49:47 AM
"I believe that is the case for everyone save for the criminally insane themselves....."

Bandage smiled.

"It's kinda pathetic that he has to create a being just to have someone to talk to. I almost pity the poor thing.....both of them."