PDA

View Full Version : Forum email

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2005, 12:25:04 AM
It's not working. Did something happen to it that I'm not aware of, or is it just a problem on my end?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 6th, 2005, 07:59:12 AM
Make sure when logging in that you use the uname format of...

ogre+sw-fans.net

...replacing ogre with your name of course. If that fails as well, try substituting a @ symbol in place of the + sign.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2005, 02:21:11 PM
Doesn't seem to work. I've been using it to check my imap work email here at home, but lately it hasn't been working.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 6th, 2005, 03:17:47 PM
I just used it succesfully about 30 minutes ago.

Username: "ogre+sw-fans.net"
Server: "mail.sw-fans.net"
PW "********" [Like I am going to put that in plain text.]
Type: POP3

Master Yoghurt
Apr 8th, 2005, 10:56:13 AM
Actually, I had some trouble with this too. I thought it was just me. I will see if I can get i working again.

Edit: Never mind, using this as login fixed my problem:
yog+sw-fans.net

Btw, it will probably be easier to trouble shoot if you could post the exact text of your error message. If youre using an email program like Eudora or Outlook Express, there should be an error message explaining that the login failed or if there was another problem.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 8th, 2005, 11:06:34 AM
Nope still no dice. Before I'd been able to access it using "jmeissne" as my login, instead of "jmeissne+company.com" or "jmeissne@company.com", then the server and my password - now I can't get any of them to work.

Oh well.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 8th, 2005, 11:15:49 AM
you don't have an email account here that uses the name "jmeissne". Your email account here is "lilaena".

If you are using the forum interface to access email on another site/server I can't really help since I have no clue or control over how any other email server might be configured.

I can say that our forum mail page has not changed, but the host may have done something with the IMAP service which I have not checked and have no way to test myself since I have no IMAP mail accounts anywhere.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:23:14 PM
Ok thanks. :)
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Doesn't seem to work. I've been using it to check my imap work email here at home, but lately it hasn't been working.
<-- yes, as I stated I have been using it to check my work email.