PDA

View Full Version : Me and posting

Vista Alor
Apr 1st, 2005, 04:40:41 PM
Ok, I don't know how many of you know that for the past several months I have been on the search for the elusive job. Well, the search is finally at an end. I had a job interview this morning at a restaurant to be a dish washer. I came away with the job. It's going to be a couple nights a week though. The search continues.

Now, myself and Shanaria who's a really good friend of mine IRL went out to celebrate by going out for lunch at the restaurant that my brother works at. While Shanaria is paying for the meal, I'm telling the manager there that I just got a job.

He said (seriously) "Why didn't you apply here?"

I said (jokingly) "If you're gonna hire me, sure."

He said (seriously) "Fill this out." and he handed me an application form to fill out. I came away from lunch with my second job. The search just may have come to it's end after so many interview and so many no's. In one day, I got two jobs, one of which I wasn't even looking for.

Now, some of you may be wondering what this has to do with my posting. Those of you with jobs will probably already know. Since I don't know what shifts I'll be working for my second job, I don't know what my posting scheduale will be like and until I do know, I may not be posting all that much. Even after I know what my work scheduale will be, I don't know how much time I'm going to have for posting so after this weekend, I may not be doing much posting because of work.

*has wanted to say that for a long time*

So, I'm finally back in the work force which I've been out of for almost four years.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 1st, 2005, 04:48:28 PM
Congrats on getting the job :)

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 1st, 2005, 04:48:49 PM
good stuff :) and from someone that completely understands. It's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good!

Shade Magus
Apr 1st, 2005, 04:50:34 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
good stuff :) and from someone that completely understands. It's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good!

What she said. :D Talk to you sometime when I'm not so busy lol.

Dae Jinn
Apr 2nd, 2005, 09:21:14 PM
Good luck with your jobs and congrats :)

Vista Alor
Apr 4th, 2005, 10:03:58 AM
Thanx everybody. I talked with one of my new co workers last night at the second place, and he informed me that if I work hard, I could quickly get at least 37 hours a week which will make me completely self supporting.

*huggles for everyone*

Pierce Tondry
Apr 4th, 2005, 10:52:19 AM
That is excellent news! Congratulations!

Vista Alor
Apr 5th, 2005, 06:02:20 AM
Gah, Late Night shift. Starting tonight. But this week I'm working 16 hours, next week I'm working 32 hours at one job(late night) and for the other I'm working 4 hours this week and I don't know about next week. Oh well, at least I'm working now, that's what counts.