PDA

View Full Version : Who's in charge of Intel?

Liam Jinn
Mar 31st, 2005, 10:08:06 PM
Anyone know?

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 1st, 2005, 06:53:18 PM
I used to be the head of NR Intelligence, but I gave up my post when I was promoted to C-in-C Outer Rim. At the moment, I believe that General Aerin Cracken is the commander of New Republic Intelligence (an NPC). However, there is an offshoot of NR Intelligence known as the New Republic Inquisition, which has the power to violate any law for 'the greater good'.

The following are codes I use for NR Personnel:
Agent 'Rayne'
Agent 'Pyro'
Agent 'Cypher'
Agent 'Jubilee'
Agent 'Beowulf'
Agent 'Surgeon'
Agent 'Vulcan'
Lord Admiral Lion El' Jonson (MILRECID 002-2958-0037, CODENAME 'Dragon')
Grand Inquisitor Akima Yamagi (MILRECID 005-2496-0346, CODENAME 'Silencer')
Admiral Ackbar (MILRECID 001-2193-0073, CODENAME 'Krakana')
General Garm Bel Iblis (MILRECID 002-2955-0903, CODENAME 'Father')
General Airen Cracken (MILRECID 001-5932-8532, CODENAME 'Puppetmaster')
Admiral Drayson (MILRECID 003-1932-0520, CODENAME 'Drumroll')

And so on. MILRECID stands for Military Records Identification Number, which is the techie-equivalent of dogtags. :lol

Any agent under New Republic Intelligence has a classified MILRECID, to prevent retaliation against their families and to mask their identities. Only members of the High Command have access to their ID codes.

At the moment, almost none of these characters are RPed. I beleive that Winter was roleplayed at one time, but she hasn't popped up for a very long period.

Senator Thareena
Apr 11th, 2005, 02:53:15 PM
Winter isn't on your list though. And as she's a character comparable to Leia's age, she should be about 95 now.

I didn't know we had NR Inquisitors. ^_^;

Liam Jinn
Apr 12th, 2005, 12:26:08 AM
Wow, that's alot of people. If none of 'em are RPed then how is the NR getting any intel? I was kinda hoping for an intel group that would fill in all the other NR groups here.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 12th, 2005, 03:45:00 AM
Originally posted by Senator Thareena
Winter isn't on your list though. And as she's a character comparable to Leia's age, she should be about 95 now.

I didn't know we had NR Inquisitors. ^_^;

Well, you see, they tend to lurk in the shadows and investigate the dealings of important NR officials...including the Senate, at times. :lol

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 12th, 2005, 10:16:29 AM
I thought Inquisitors was an Imperial thing. They have Inquisitors too, and actually RP them. ;)

The only person I know of that has actually RPed NR intelligence is Pierce Tondry, and he hasn't for some time.

Lion El' Jonson
Apr 14th, 2005, 05:44:43 AM
I've got plans to RP an entire element of NR Intelligence, but I haven't had any need to do so yet.

I added the Inquisition after realizing that an organization like it would undoubtedly exist in the New Republic, even if its official existence was denied. There are always those who will safeguard the existence of a legislative body, even if they must overstep the boundaries of law to defend it. I've integrated the Inquisition into a couple of RPs, but they were only cameo appearances. ^_^;