PDA

View Full Version : The return of an old man (open)

Master Yoghurt
Mar 27th, 2005, 03:20:42 AM
A tiny figure entered the bar. An old man, green of color and with long pointy ears walked aided by a walking cane. The creature limped towards a bar stool, and took a seat.

"A cup of gimmer trea leaf tea please", the man said to the bartender.

He assumed a comfortable lotus position, and portrayed an expression of serenity and calm as he waited for his cup of tea. It felt good to be back.

Jacen
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:44:33 AM
The young Padawan came into the bar and grill limping slightly from his earlier training session with his master, Rognan. Jacen's long ponytail hung down the back of his neck as he jumped to the side to avoid a patron leaving. He looked around and noticed that a lot of people were leaving. Lunch must be over now. Cool...now I can sit at the bar.

Jacen walked over and hopped up onto one of the now open barstools and winced as he landed hard on his thigh. I really need to be more careful or they're going to start thinking that Master Rognan abuses me.

The server came over and smiled at the Padawan. "What can I do for ya?"

He looked across the list of items he could order that were non-alcholic once before putting the menu down. "Umm...I'll take some blue moon juice."

"Alrighty then. I'll be right back with it," the server said before turning to go fill his order.

Jecen turned to look around to see who else was still in the bar and his curious eyes came to rest upon a small green creature, which he couldn't help but stare at as he had never seen anyone like it.

Kieran Devaneaux
Mar 27th, 2005, 01:36:43 PM
Kieran Devaneaux was all set up for his departure to the front, but he decided he needed one last stop at the Bar and Grill. When he got there, he noticed the tiny green figure seated at the bar. He recognized the figure instantly as he sat next to him. But he remained silent as he asked for a Corellian brandy - one last drink before returning to work, in a manner of speaking. He winced slightly as he sat down, the leg still troubling him after all these years. But as he sat, he thought, It is good to see the Bar and Grill's founder, owner and namesake back among us.

Master Yoghurt
Mar 27th, 2005, 07:17:37 PM
The creature widened his large bulbous eyes and raised his long pointy ears in anticipation as he received his cup of tea. He lifted the cup with his tiny clawlike hands and took a sip. He sighed in relief and drank it slowly.

The old man could sense the arrivals of the two Padawans like ripples in a pond. The Force was with them. Yog nodded to Kieran and turned to salute Jacen, before he spoke:

"Hmm.. greetings young Jedi. The Light Side I sense in you. With students like yourselves, the future bright looks. Warms my heart it does. With some company honor an old man you would?"

The Jedi Master made an inviting gesture to Jacen to take a seat next to him and Kieran.

"Like a refreshing cup of tea nothing is!", Yog said vigorously. "Tea leafs the spirit clean and the mind soothe. The Living Force. When at calm, the Force through you flows.. a Jedi must be be at peace to be in balance with the Force" he philosophized with a smile.

Kieran Devaneaux
Mar 27th, 2005, 07:36:48 PM
"Not too many Jedi are headed for a front-line battle with the Empire, Master Yoghurt," Kieran said with a smile as he finished off the glass of brandy....but he realized the short-statured Master was right. He asked the barkeep for a hot cup of chamomile tea, partially to help with a headache that had been bugging him all day. "Though I suppose I'll take that bit of advice." He sipped it, careful not to burn his tongue as he said, "It seems different here when you're not running things."

Jacen
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:57:10 PM
Jacen's curiousness forced him to move closer before he knew what was happening. He listened to Kieran talk before his eyes got even bigger than he thought possible.

"Yoghurt? The Master Yoghurt?" He blurted out before he knew what he was saying. He quickly withdrew into himself and put on a calmer face. "I'm sorry sir."

Master Yoghurt
Mar 29th, 2005, 04:27:48 PM
Yog gave Jacen a smile. "Yes, me that is. A strange sight I must be", he said with a chuckle. Then paused to contemplate Kierans words. "Front line battle with the Empire? Dark times ahead I have sensed. The Empire growing in strength is."

Yogs eyes fixed on the infinitive for a second, he looked allmost like in a trance. He remembered the era when dark lords of the Sith and the Empire ruled the Galaxy with an iron first.. a time when the Jedi fought an uphill battle against allmost impossible odds to regain justice and peace for all living beings. The Republic was badly outnumbered against the military machine that was the empire. The Force itself had been thrown out of balance by the dark and corrupted minds of the Sith. Those times were passed now, but if not careful, it could very well happen again.

"Like a circle it is", the Jedi Master explained. "Reaction and counter reaction. History repeats itself"

Jacen
Mar 29th, 2005, 05:02:26 PM
"And sad it is," the young boy replied somberly. Even though he was young, he had seen his share of violence and evil. "But maybe it is just the dark before the light."

Kieran Devaneaux
Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:21:29 PM
"Except there is no Darth Vader to destroy us....I hope." There was the possibility, of course, that Kieran's father Artimus would be the Jedi-slayer this time. And with the weapon of a great ancient Jedi, no less. The thought sent shivers down his spine....