PDA

View Full Version : GJO mods?

Rognan Dar
Mar 27th, 2005, 12:47:36 AM
I dont know what has happened to them all, but it seems that there are none around anymore, or they just dont have the time anymore. I know they haven't all gone away, because I seem them around now and then. But things seem to be getting behind themselves and the GJO is starting to run down into the ground. Things are not up-dated, some of the newer applications are being ignored, and there are a few other things.

Now, I dont want to seem rude and say that the mods are not doing their jobs but thats exactly what I'm saying. Maybe they are on, and just forget. Understandable. But is it possible we can get someone else, maybe, to be the mods until the others get more time? If I am stepping out of my place here, please tell me. This matter has been going on for some time and I want to get this problem solved.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:45:45 AM
Well, can only speak for myself... I have been terribly busy because of real life, mainly taking care of my mother and other personal matters but I always check here when I get online to at least read what is going on at GJO and the main board.

Personally I dont know how to update the Jedi Council part of the page...and I think that is done by an admin. I am not sure since I never took care of that part. My job since coming on board here has been to keep the peace :p and other duties that have nothing to do with the HTML stuff since I am utterly clueless with that. I've kept up with the roster thread here when people post and update accordingly and shall do so now since there have been a couple of new posts by Yog and Liam. Is there something else you mean that I've missed?

As for recruits, saw only two new people, one is an alt the other was not accepted i think... don't quote me on that since I need to go look.

With respect to the others, things have been really quiet here in general that I believe have nothing to do with them negelecting their duties... just that nothing has been going on with is unfortunate but we were all hoping that would change once the big shake up with the Empire got underway

Morgan Evanar
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:50:29 AM
Uh, aside from the council list, I don't think anything has been swept in the wayside. You know, we're not the only people capable of doing things like recruitment.

I'm not sure I see where your issue stems from.

Master Yoghurt
Mar 27th, 2005, 03:53:49 PM
I dont think the problem is as much moderator activity level, but the lack of roleplay and posting activity of most members in general (yes, I admit this particulary includes myself). As you probably noticed, the posting on this board has slowed down dramatically the last 6-12 months.

While I have been 'away', I still watch and read all threads here on daily basis, and reply to ALL messages in my PM inbox. You should see me a lot more frequent now that I am returning to roleplaying, as well as help the other mods with moderating duties. I can also be contacted on AIM: "Mr Green Dude", which I am on every day. Website is about to be updated with current memberlist and other things as well btw :)

Personally, its been my impression that the (other) mods do an excellent job. Things really does get done even if it may appear otherwise. Applications and such seems mostly to be handles by privat message etc. I know at least Morgan, Figrin and Navaria are up to date on that.

Edit: The council list should be updated soon

Rognan Dar
Mar 27th, 2005, 10:20:55 PM
Well, it seems that there are more people around then I thought. Nav: I know you are busy, and I know you have been around and that you are still trying to do stuff. I know I find it more enjoyable to RP here when things are updated and just to know that there is someone around if I need something.

Now, there really hasn't been a lot of activity, and not that the mods are responsible. I was just feeling like the GJO was starting to fall apart. That is my main reason for posting this. Sure there is a lot of little stuff that needs maintanance, and none of it is all that serious. And yes, there is only a few new recruits, but if we seem to be unresponsive about it, then no one is going to want to join.

And with that, the reason I brought that up was because I was looking over the rules of the application and it said that members of the council accepted or declined those. At the time, most of the mods were on the council. And I was not sure if such rules were still holding true, and weither it really was up to the mods or not.

Everyone has been doing a good job. Dont get me wrong. I did not intend to step on anyones toes, if I have. I'm sorry if I did, but I just dont want the GJO to become like the TSO was. Now, if the mods have been around and doing things, then I am just not looking. But if people are starting to find more time, then I guess this thread might be pointless then. I just wanted to voice my consurn.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:23:20 PM
Concern, and it's fine. What Fans as a whole needs is more new good posters (not just alt accounts :P ). It's less of a issue with some of the smaller groups, since they've always been small, but when a larger group like GJO's membership gets busy with other things, it becomes very noticable.

Rognan Dar
Mar 27th, 2005, 11:31:15 PM
I agree. We use to have people coming in flocks. Now we have people leaving in flocks. We just need new people to come. Good posters are hard to come by, and I dont consider myself to be a good poster.

But since we are on new people, I know that one of the applications is a new person. And now that the council has changed, who has direct say over this thing?

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 28th, 2005, 02:02:52 PM
perhaps the best thing to do to rectify this is have a thread with the applicants name in OOC avalon and all vote with reasons stating why no incase person is accepted in a sees the thread and knows what they can improve on.

that way at least council members can participate in the process

Rognan Dar
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:25:36 PM
So what you mean by that, if I am correct, is that they would submit their application where it is right now, someone, I guess any member of the council, could then copy it and make a thread based on the decision making of weither a yes or a no for that person to join?

So it would kind of be like what the Sith has set up for their recruiting? That would make sense and would make it mush easier. That way we are not all wondering who has the final say on that.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:28:31 PM
well, wouldnt really need to copy the application since it is there in recruitment to read :) Just a prode to go looky and make a decision

Rognan Dar
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:33:56 PM
Well, some people are lazy. Maybe just a link then so they dont have to go all that way out. ;)

AmazonBabe
Mar 29th, 2005, 06:07:11 PM
Still around, still reading, still checking to be sure the place hasn't blown up.

But it is true things have slowed down. :\

Maybe with the new movie coming out we'll start picking up again?

Rognan Dar
Mar 29th, 2005, 09:25:12 PM
Well, if that movie isn't enough insentive to get people to want to be more like Jedi or Sith or whatever...then I think we're doomed.

So are we going to do the vote thing? Is that alright with everyone?

AmazonBabe
Mar 30th, 2005, 12:25:11 PM
Yeah, I guess we could do that. I know with TSO we require at least 5 "yes" votes from Knights or higher before a person is accepted.

Maybe something along those lines would be helpful so that ppl aren't just waiting around forever for someone to get to them?

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 30th, 2005, 05:14:10 PM
i suppose we could do that but if we wanna be different, could be mods/council people? Cuz we trust them =P

at least I hope we do .... o_O

Rognan Dar
Mar 31st, 2005, 12:10:22 AM
Well, I was going to say council, jsut because thats who runs the GJO(IC). But there are only five, so thats not really a good vote. But most mods are also part of the council, so do they get two votes?

Anyway, I say also say mods and council. Just need to know how many people there are to vote, so that we can come up with a reasonable number of yes's.

AmazonBabe
Mar 31st, 2005, 01:59:13 PM
Ok, mods and council sound good to me.

The reason we did knights and above at TSO is cause we don't have as many members there as compared to GJO. But GJO being a larger body, mods and council would make more sense.

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 31st, 2005, 03:32:51 PM
As stated above :)

Mods

AmazonBabe, Dasquian Belargic, Estelle Russard, Figrin D'an, Master Yoghurt, Morgan Evanar, Navaria Tarkin, Ryla Relvinian, SWFans.Net

Council

Figrin D'an, Navaria Tarkin, Wei Wu Wei, Jubei SaDherat Vader, Rognan Dar

so in reality

AmazonBabe, Dasquian Belargic, Estelle Russard, Figrin D'an, Master Yoghurt, Morgan Evanar, Navaria Tarkin, Ryla Relvinian, Wei Wu Wei, Jubei SaDherat Vader and Rognan Dar

there are 11 people... I did not include Swfans cuz he's just here to do adminy stuff. Also, two people listed are the same person I believe so we are looking at 10... 60 percent majority vote then sound good so 6 yes' perhaps?

Rognan Dar
Mar 31st, 2005, 10:27:27 PM
Nice write up. Looks good to me. I dont think six is to big a number to be having to wait for someone to come along and vote.

Do you think it would also be better to have just one thread for doing all the voting in? Maybe even sticky it or something? That way we dont have all these threads all over the place, and it would be easy to find if another person came along.

Liam Jinn
Apr 1st, 2005, 01:07:46 AM
So why does it need to be this complicated for recruits to join GJO? Was there something wrong with one person dealing with recruitment (+ back-up) or something?

There's no need for any of this extra "voting" crap, IMO. Go back to the old way.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 1st, 2005, 04:57:42 PM
We went this way because letting one person plus the backup didnt work. It is much easier to have someone write up a short bio on their character for all to see so we know their serious about posting here then some of the bad ones we had in the past ... and by bad I mean bannings or not having a clue on how to RP here at all, not just at the GJO.

It is a simple guildline that doesnt take too much time and 9 times outta 10... the person is accepted and has a least an idea of what their character is like when they do start posting here. It is just as beneficial for them as it is for us. More of a formality the voting is.

As for the voting- if most agree to it...honestly just easier to post a thread with the person's name on it and have it done individual. But that is just me :)

Rognan Dar
Apr 1st, 2005, 06:52:36 PM
Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
As for the voting- if most agree to it...honestly just easier to post a thread with the person's name on it and have it done individual. But that is just me :)

Thats fine, too. I was just throwing out ideas.

I think the bio write up is, in fact, a good idea. Heck, sometimes I have a hard time knowing how and what Rog is. I have made everything up on the fly since the day I have started RPing. And since I have done it that way, I find it hard to do otherwise. But it does show how good someone is, weither they are complete noobs and are going to need a little more help to get going, or if they are good and we dont need to worry to much about them. But I do think it has intimdated a few to not joining, those being the ones that just want to get in as soon as possible.

Liam Jinn
Apr 1st, 2005, 08:39:46 PM
I like the bio form they have to fill out, don't get me wrong, but it always seems to take forever to vote on things.

Rognan Dar
Apr 1st, 2005, 11:49:01 PM
Right, and I agree with that statement. Hopefully, though, it will not take as long. And at this rate...its not really going at all. So this might be better all in all.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 2nd, 2005, 12:04:17 PM
before we commit to anything... like to hear more opinions from the others if they wish :)

James Prent
Apr 3rd, 2005, 01:09:14 AM
I feel that the application process is to blame at least in part for the decline of recruits. That and the lack of a discernable system in place to actually accept those that bother to apply.

So it's good that you guys are saying you'll pay attention to it more.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 3rd, 2005, 12:52:24 PM
true and I'd like to implement something right away since I know Torn Dlo and steath were the current ones waiting. If I missed someone let me know

Liam Jinn
Apr 3rd, 2005, 02:51:30 PM
Implement a few people to be in charge of recruitment.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2005, 02:54:24 PM
I thought we'd just established that the Council/mods were going to deal with it?

Rognan Dar
Apr 3rd, 2005, 04:31:05 PM
Its not set in stone whats going to happen. We just want others to say what they think and then do whats best for everyone.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 3rd, 2005, 05:14:44 PM
Originally posted by Liam Jinn
Implement a few people to be in charge of recruitment.

Are you referring to the old way? If so, that hasn't worked. Otherwise, yes what Dasq said.

If everyone does not mind the mods/council taking care of the recruitment then we're going to do that... Just seeing if there is any big opposition to it..

Shade Magus
Apr 3rd, 2005, 10:50:03 PM
Originally posted by James Prent
I feel that the application process is to blame at least in part for the decline of recruits. That and the lack of a discernable system in place to actually accept those that bother to apply.

So it's good that you guys are saying you'll pay attention to it more.

True

Originally posted by Navaria Tarkin
Are you referring to the old way? If so, that hasn't worked. Otherwise, yes what Dasq said.

If everyone does not mind the mods/council taking care of the recruitment then we're going to do that... Just seeing if there is any big opposition to it..

Also agree.

Pierce Tondry
Apr 4th, 2005, 11:00:08 AM
That sounds like a good system, although if it really is a problem currently, it might be wise to quietly seek a volunteer or two from among the aforementioned who will have a more primary role in this. The process is repetitive and tedious; people will tire of it easily without a dedicated motivator.

AmazonBabe
Apr 4th, 2005, 03:02:50 PM
Sometimes stretching one's responsibilities can be difficult. Perhaps designating 1 or 2 ppl to look over the recruitment forum wouldn't be a bad idea so we don't lose track of what's happening there or inadvertantly ignore applicants.

I like the idea of a vote of 6 from the 11 mods/council. That's a good number.

Also, I like it better when each applicant creates their own thread with their application in it. It allows for easy finding of the thread, shows us they know how to use the posting system, and also keeps it neat and clean for votes to be established within the thread.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 4th, 2005, 07:27:58 PM
okay well for now I am going to list those that have applications going. there are three now

and well... anyone want to volunteer to keep tabs on recruitment please post. Isn't a bad idea to have someone being lookout and is a good compromise

Rognan Dar
Apr 4th, 2005, 10:26:44 PM
*raises hand*

I'll do it. I'll keep tabs and what not, and anything else that might be needed. Not that there is all that much at the moment to do. But it might pick up.

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 5th, 2005, 07:56:23 AM
thanks Rognan.. just need one more now incase you need to be away for whatever reason.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 5th, 2005, 08:20:20 AM
and well... anyone want to volunteer to keep tabs on recruitment please post. Isn't a bad idea to have someone being lookout and is a good compromise

well I used to do it all by myself, and Dasquian made himself self-proclaimed 'recruitment officer' :p, so I might as well give a hand too :)

Navaria Tarkin
Apr 5th, 2005, 08:44:57 AM
:hug

thanks guys :)