PDA

View Full Version : Family reunited.

Zasz Grimm
Mar 22nd, 2005, 08:41:23 PM
Sitting at a desk, he looked over a computer. Fingers diligently tapped different things. Zasz was learning. He was learning about a member of his family he never knew existed until recently. And she was right under his nose the entire time. Quite literally.

She had been in Coruscants underground- hiding. From what, he didn't really know. Perhaps it was mercenaries, or other unpleasantries that were onto her. Yes, her. It was odd that her existence was kept from him. Perhaps his mother wanted something else for her daughter. Or she did it simply so that she would never come to know Gallidorn.

Perhaps it was for the better that she be kept from it. Infighting was a horrible thing- but would there have been? He smiled as he read some more about her. And something that intrigued him the most, she was gifted with the same thing as he. The Force. However, from the way she had been raised, she had a different outlook.

She'd been raised by a 'Jedi'...That, had denounced his group. And lit out on his own- and took in a girl. That girl was Azuralynn Grimm by birth. But, she had been raised Azura DCrat.

He read a few more tidbits, before he stood up. He wore civilian clothing, not his usual 'uniform'. He eyed the hallway- one of his doors was locked and sealed. Not even with her 'talents' would she be able to get out. Her lightsaber had been taken from her, which he had in his pocket. He walked down the hall, and he entered a passcode.

The door slid open, and before him was the slumbering form of his sister. He had her brought to his 'home' on Coruscant- which was still a bit away from where his men had captured her.

He would let her wake herself up.

Azuralynn_DCrat
Mar 22nd, 2005, 09:47:15 PM
-Darkness clouded the vision of the young Jedi who lay asleep on a plush bed, chest lowering up and down as she breathed in and out. Her head was pounding, and suddenly she sensed someone new enter wherever she was. She groaned, slowly opening her eyes and allowing them to readjust to the lighting of the room.

The braid her hair was in fell off where it had rested on her shoulder and landed on her back as she moved to sit up, her dark blue eyes lifting up to look at the person who had entered.

At first, she instantly reached for her belt around her waist to grab her saber, but found that it wasn't there. Damn it, she thought. The saber wasn't hers- it had belonged to her foster father and Jedi Master.

"Who are you? Why have you brought me here?" These were the first words she had spoken since she'd been taken from her home. Now she had no idea where she was, how far away from Coruscant she was, if she was off planet, and had no idea how she would get home if she was able to escape.

Something about the figure before her- she couldn't tell if it was man or alien- seemed...distant, but almost familiar, but she didn't know what, and she had a feeling she didn't want to know. This man seemed the type who dwindled in darkness and was not one to be messed with. -Done-

Zasz Grimm
Mar 23rd, 2005, 06:13:54 PM
"The answers to both your questions are going to be coming in a matter of a few moments. However, what is imparitive that you know, is that you are safe. And that I will not harm you. And to prove this, as a showing of good faith."

His hand reached into his pocket, and he withdrew that cold metal cylinder. He lifted it up into the air, as if to show her what it was- that it was hers. He tossed it onto the bed, to her right, as he stepped to the side. He looked at a chair in the room, and it weightless lifted into the air, and landed near him.

He sat, and watched her- she had all the characteristics, and he smiled. It was easy to tell blood.

"My name is Zasz Grimm. And why you have been brought here, is so that you may be told something. So that you may realize a different part of your life."

Azuralynn_DCrat
Mar 23rd, 2005, 08:12:41 PM
-Azura watched the man as he withdrew something from his pocket- a silver cylinder that she immediately recognized as a lightsaber. She glanced down toward the bed as he tossed the saber to her before lifting her blue hued gaze back up to him.

"Giving me my saber back doesn't mean anything. This could all become a trick in the end. And how could you know anything about my life? You don't know who I am, or who my family is. Besides, if you aren't going to harm me, why would you have had your bucket head guards take me the way they did?" Azura didn't trust this man, that much was clear. She glanced down at the saber again. It had to be a trick. No one would be stupid enough to give a Jedi prisoner their weapon back while locked in a room alone with them. Even this man didn't seem that stupid.

Her gaze once more lifted up to look at him, "No one was supposed to know where I lived. That city has been hidden from those above ground for years. How did you find out about it? How did you know that that's where I lived?" -Done-

Zasz Grimm
Mar 23rd, 2005, 08:27:43 PM
"Actually, I know alot about you. I know about your foster father. I know about the teachings you recieved. And most of all, I know who your true birth family is."

He said to her, as he remained seated. He grinned, she was right to be skeptical. He would. As would Kineas, Cyriam, and even his own daughter, Lauranna. Despite how spoiled she was, she would realize when something could be a trap. When to be cautious.

"I have my ways about finding out, virtually anything. But tell me, check your person. Are you in anyway bruised, or beaten? Aside from a small pinprick, which was a sedative, are you wounded at all? No. If I wanted you dead you would be. If you were to be raped, it would be happening. Tortured? Same thing. You are here to be brought to a realization."

Azuralynn_DCrat
Mar 23rd, 2005, 08:40:34 PM
Azura couldn't believe this. What was this guy, a stalker?

"My parents are dead. They died when their ship crashed while on a mission for the Jedi. I no longer have a family." She thought about what he had said. He had a point; she could be being tortured or raped, but how did she know that those things weren't going to happen eventually? She shuddered at the thought of going through such an ordeal. She knew she would probably have to hold her tongue when it came to certain things as long as she was near this man. He seemed like a person of importance and authority, which meant he could have anything done to her while she was his prisoner.

"A realization about what? That you took me from my home with no given reason, without asking me to come with you? That all I have been trying to do for the past six months is live a life of peace and not have to deal with upper level scumbags? A realization that this could all be a trick and you could be planning to torture me or do who knows what else? I'm not stupid, and I'm not one who'll easily trust people, not after what I've been put through," she said, her anger rising. She knew better than to allow that to happen, but for some reason it felt almost...right to be doing so, yet she also knew that it was of the dark side, and to follow the dark side was not something she wanted to do.

Zasz Grimm
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:35:07 PM
"Wrong on both counts."

He said to her, as he then stood up from his chair. There was a computer in the room she was in, and he turned his back, as he began to speak. He wasn't worried about her running- if she tried he could stop her..

He made it to the computer as he brought up the history of his parents, and Gallidorn as it began scrolling by..

"Our Parents, Emperor and Empress of our Homeworld, Gallidorn, did pass away some time ago. However, you have family still living. Namely, myself- your brother. And the other two. Kineas and Cyriam. While, not birth brothers, they are family."

He looked to her, as he explained..

"Clones. You also have a niece, my Daughter. Lauranna."

As he mentioned each name, pictures scrolled by. He then got to her.

"And one last piece of the puzzle. Azuralynn Grimm."

Her picture, a picture of her when she was young, with his mother, came up. Obviously her, there was recognizable similiarities. She had her hidden from the others..

"That is the realization I have brought you to realize."

Azuralynn_DCrat
Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:09:20 PM
Azura watched as he stood up to walk over to the computer, swallowing hard. She looked at the images that he scrolled through and stared at the last one. An image of herself, as a young child, and her mother. She recognized the image immediately; it was the same one in her locket. She reached toward her neck, grabbing the locket that hung from her neck and shaking her head, already blinking back tears.

"I...I don't have brothers. I..." She closed her eyes, and instantly began pulling in on the Force, letting it flow through her. She thought about what she had just been told, and came to a conclusion. He was telling the truth, and that was why he seemed so familiar. But she also felt a darkness in him. She could see it in his features, and feel it in the Force.

Her parents, Emperor and Empress? Clones? And...a niece? When she heard him say 'Azuralynn Grimm,' she opened her eyes to look at him. Tears rolled down her cheeks now, and she could feel her hands shaking.

"I don't understand. Why was all this kept from me, if it's true? My foster father could've told me...someone should have told me sooner than now," she said, reaching up to wipe the tears away, cursing herself inwardly for crying.

She looked up at him, all emotion suddenly erased from her face save for the tears wettening her cheeks, and spoke, "I sense something in you...You're...Dark. Fear, anger...They consume you. I can feel it. If I am who you say I am...then what does that mean for me?"

Zasz Grimm
Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:42:16 PM
"The line between light and dark, good and evil..It's very thin, Azura. I have no idea what it means to you. But how you can hold on to your teachings- the one's your foster father gave you, especially after lying to you.."

He shrugged.

"I don't know. Obviously he knew about your true identity, and it was kept from you. Can you continue to live a lie?"

Azuralynn_DCrat
Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:53:07 PM
Azura shook her head, "My foster father lied to me to protect me. He knew that if I my true identity were to be exposed to the wrong people, it would put my life in danger instantly. Look at Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa. They were seperated at birth and hidden from the Emperor because their mother knew that they would be in danger...She knew that they would be turned to the dark side if in the hands of the Emperor. For all we know, our mother requested my father to keep my true identity a secret."

She stood, her cheeks now red and wet from crying, and stared at her brother, "I will not follow the dark side. I will never betray my fathers memory and everything he taught me to believe in. He may have lied to me, but he did it out of love, for my protection, and there will always be a part of me that is greatful to him. You may be my brother, Zasz...But I won't allow that to control what I do. I will become a Jedi, no matter what."

Zasz Grimm
Mar 23rd, 2005, 11:00:47 PM
"I'm not asking you to convert. Nor am I asking you to turn. How do you know, that if you had grown up with myself, and your family, that your life would inherently be evil? I don't kill people daily. I do what you do, Azura. I keep the peace."

He said softly, as he turned off the computer.

"I just go about a different means of keeping it. Your view is far too one sided. Look at the large spectrum."

He said as he turned. Sure, he did kill people. And he'd killed alot of them- but he hadn't lied. He didn't kill people daily. And he did believe in order, and peace. But if an entire world had to be sacrificed, he'd gladly destroy it.

"For all intensive purposes, your father might have intentionally kept you from your family. You have no idea if it was to protect you. Maybe he just wanted a daughter?"

Azuralynn_DCrat
Mar 23rd, 2005, 11:12:11 PM
Azura shook her head, "Keeping the peace does not mean destroying lives for no reason, Zasz. Jedi only destroy a life if they need to. They only fight if they have to, and if it's to protect innocent lives. I don't know that I would have grown up to become evil if I had lived with you, but I might have been influenced by you because you're...probably my older brother." She moved to sit down again, her gaze looking down at the floor before she spoke again.

"Don't most younger siblings look up to their older brothers and sisters and try to follow in their footsteps? I was a lonely child...I loved my father, but it wasn't the same as having a brother or sister to goof around with and look up to. My view is hardly one sided, Zasz. When you kill, you don't think about the child that you may be making an orphan. You don't think about the widow who loses their husband and can no longer rely on them to make money and keep their home. You just do it, without thinking. How is killing an innocent person making peace? All it brings is chaos, and death...Wars, and it teares the people apart. If our mother asked my father to protect me, she did so through love as well, knowing that it would be dangerous to leave me in the hands of our father. Maybe...she wanted to make sure there was one last hope for our family to no longer be evil. My father wouldn't have lied to me if it wasn't for my protection. He would have told me anything he could about my family if I asked. You say that you are not evil, and yet you destroy lives instantly without thinking. How is that not evil, Zasz? Give me one good reason why you would want to destroy a life. What is it that happened that made you angry enough to turn to the dark side?"

Zasz Grimm
Mar 25th, 2005, 10:55:21 PM
"Why do you fight for the good of the galaxy? Why do you beleive in purity. Why must you know why? I do what I do because I have to. The same reason you do what you do. And the reason I would kill someone? Destroy a life, and thus, subsequently destroy another?"

He looked at her.

"To protect myself. To restore order. To become powerful."

He said to her, as he eyed her carefully. He realized what his little sister was attempting to do. To turn him. To 'bring him back into the light'. Someone else attempted that a long time ago. It wasn't going to help.

Azuralynn_DCrat
Mar 26th, 2005, 10:25:03 PM
"I fight for the good of the galaxy because as long as there is chaos, there is no peace. No one should be killed without it being justified. You don't have to be on the dark side. You don't have to kill those who make you angry, or just because you feel like it. Destroying one life ultimately destroys other lives. You kill a woman who gets in your way, and you make their child an orphan. The galaxy is a crule place, most of the time, and no child should have to live by themselves, unable to eat decent food and wear decent clothing. Power is a weakness that most would love to be able to overcome. You don't need to kill others to protect yourself. How is taking away someones life restoring order? What kind of galaxy are you raising your daughter into if all she will see through her life is war, and death, and pain?"

She took a few steps forward, now only a foot or so away from her brother as she looked up at him, "Why should your gain be someone elses death? Death is a part of life, but not when you're killing an innocent stranger with no true reason. I can feel the darkness overwhelming you, Zasz, but it is not completely controlling you. If it were, you may have left me here to be tortured by now, or whatever else you may be planning to do. You may be my older brother, Zasz, but I will not follow your path, even if that means making you my enemy. I'm not afraid of you."