PDA

View Full Version : New member

Azuralynn_DCrat
Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:54:59 PM
So, uh...hi. ^_^ My friend Phil told me about this place, and I decided to join. We started coming up with a pretty cool storyline to RP out, so I'm excited to do that.

My name is Danielle. I've been a Star Wars fan since fifth grade, and am now a freshman in college. I've been doing Star Wars RP in Yahoo chat since 1999. I don't do Star Wars RP as much as I'd like to, though, since most of the newbs RP it and there isn't much of it around.

Sooo...I guess that's it. Glad I joined, so far. ^_^

~Danielle

Morgan Evanar
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:31:01 PM
Hi Danielle. Welcome to Fans. There are many veteran RPers here, some of us have been doing RP in one form or another since we were little kids, and many of us have been on this board since 1999/2000.

I'm going to make a few suggestions so you can get a better feel around here. Following grammar rules is a pretty big deal. If you misspell a word slightly no one is going to jump down your throat, or if you forget a period now and then. We're all human.

Please don't color your whole text. Coloring a word or a sentence in RP makes sense sometimes, but for out of character it's better to let the styleset govern the color so it's easiest to read.

Don't be afraid to PM someone to get into a closed RP, but first establish a mental picture of your character. Writing a paragraph or two about them can really help give you a sense of direction.

Remember that you can know things your character knows. If you're dealing with important information in an RP, ask if your character knows it, and if so, how do they know? It's really important to keep yourself honest.

Last, but likely most important: have fun! If you're not having fun, you're missing the point, which is to have fun.

If you need anything don't hesitate to contact an online staff member, whether through IM in a profile or via the private messaging system.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:44:17 PM
Hi. I RP a lot of people. AIM is Vaderloungie and I can show you the ropes when I have the time. AIM me whenever.

Vampyre Dalamar
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:44:19 PM
Welcome aboard...:D

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:44:46 PM
:wave

Hola and welcome. :)

Dae Jinn
Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:08:38 AM
Hi. Welcome to the board. :)

Azuralynn_DCrat
Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:22:00 AM
Thanks everyone. I'll keep all those things in mind, Morgan. Actually...your name sounds familiar but I can't think of where I would've seen it from. Hmm....

Anyway. Zasz Grimm is the one who told me about this place, and we came up with a cool storyline for our characters. ^_^ Now...does anyone know where I can find someone to make a banner-type-thing for my signature? I think I have some pictures that may work, but I'm also still looking. I'd want them to be digital...human female with brown hair...She's a Jedi. Umm...yeah. Is there a place I can post a request on or something? I found this web page a while back where...you can request Star Wars drawings, and the drawings were made for RPing, but I can't remember the name of it. Anyone know what it might be? Anyone know where I can find some pictures (other than the fan art at theforce.net since I already looked)? I tried looking at some screen shots from KotoR and found some there, but didn't find anything major. Any ideas?

Dae Jinn
Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:37:31 AM
SWAG, I think, is the site you're thinking of. There's a roleplaying helpdesk in the Greater Jedi Order where you can request a sig, too.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 23rd, 2005, 02:16:58 AM
Welcome to SW-Fans, where we let people choose between ban or cake. ^_^;

Personally, I'd take the cake. Enjoy. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 23rd, 2005, 03:21:03 AM
:wave welcome aboard, matey!

Liam Jinn
Mar 23rd, 2005, 03:59:12 AM
Run - Run while you still can...

:D

Nah, just kidding. Hope you enjoy these boards as much as the rest of us :)

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 23rd, 2005, 05:43:20 AM
Incidentally, mods, I think it's a valid question of whether or not she wants an underscore in her name.^_^;

Master Yoghurt
Mar 23rd, 2005, 06:03:22 AM
Also, dont forget to read the roleplay forum (http://sw-fans.net/forum/misc.php?s=&action=faq>FAQ</a>,) to get an idea whats good posting form.

Hope you enjoy your stay and welcome! :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 23rd, 2005, 07:35:30 AM
Hi there :) This is a happy place, full of happy people. And then there's the crazy ones. We just don't talk about them. IM me and I'll let you know who the nutters are around here :)

Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
Welcome to SW-Fans, where we let people choose between ban or cake. ^_^;

Personally, I'd take the cake. Enjoy. :D

I feel so influential now :D

imported_Natia Telcontar
Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:37:34 AM
Greetings and Welcome. This is a fun place to RP and I hope you have fun here. Yes, we do have our wierdos, I'm one of them and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The main rule for me is Have Fun.

AmazonBabe
Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:34:07 PM
Welcome to our humble abode. :)

Angelica Shin
Mar 23rd, 2005, 03:44:28 PM
Hello and salutations.

If bitten, please report to the nearest health authority in your area, if wound is not treated within 24 hours you will be contaminated and thus will be isolated from the outside world. You will only find the need to be online and posting here. If you start to feel these symptoms you have two choices, get medical help, or keep playing.

Have fun, new person thing! *waves*