PDA

View Full Version : Spider Man 3 villain

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2005, 09:47:16 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/22/film.church.reut/index.html

Though they didn't say who Church would be, I guess it means that James Franco's character still won't be the #1 baddie.

I also wonder if they will ever bring in the Lizard?

darth_mcbain
Mar 22nd, 2005, 10:53:10 AM
Hmm, while I don't follow Spiderman too much, I had thought the Lizard was probably a good bet for the third installment. I wouldn't think it'd be Church, though, since didn't the Lizard (at least his alter-ego) show up in Spiderman 2 as Pete's professor? Who else could this guy be?

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:10:31 AM
Mysterio, Electro, Venom, The Vulture, Sandman.....I'm sure there are more...

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:20:37 AM
They said "spiderman's nemesis." I'm leaning towards Venom.

jjwr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 12:18:55 PM
He could easily be playing Eddie Broke - Venom, most of the work on him will be CGI so he doesn't have to be huge like the character was and he's a good enough actor to pull of the psycho aspects of Venom.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 22nd, 2005, 02:29:01 PM
It's got to be Venom. I'm curious to see how Hollywood will handle that one... could be quite tough to CGI well.

ReaperFett
Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:05:36 PM
Venom? Have they run out of good villains already?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:09:20 PM
What's wrong with Venom? :o

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2005, 03:44:10 PM
There's nothing wrong with Venom, Reaper's just being a rotten Sod. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2005, 04:02:43 PM
Whether or not he's a 'good villian' I think Venom is the fan favorite villian. They can't make the spiderman franchise without him.

However, if the Green Goblin isn't making an appearance in this movie, then of course we'll be seeing him in Spidey4. How many are they going to doo?

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:06:55 PM
Ever think he might be the Hobgoblin?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:20:07 PM
Actually not until just now. Thomas Hayden Church would make a really good Hobgoblin, imo.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:36:49 PM
I am guessing Venom it makes the most sense. Maybe Sandman or Electro there the only other decent villains left. As for Hobogoblin if they bring him I bet it be Franco, it makes the most sense.

Liam Jinn
Mar 22nd, 2005, 05:40:33 PM
I'd like to see Venom as the villian, that or Carnage.. but what would Carnage be without Venom?

JMK
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:02:07 PM
They can't go to Carnage without first bringing in Venom. It would just be wrong.

ReaperFett
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:04:35 PM
One good thing about Carnage was in New Avengers #2 when Carnage got RIPPED IN FREAKING HALF by Sentry :D

I'm pretty sure Raimi has said he doesn't like Venom anyway.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:07:13 PM
Well he might get pressured into doing him. Honestly they have to do Venom at some point. I would prefer to bring Brock into 3 and then have Venom in 4 it would work better. Right now I am leaning toward Electro honestly. Sandman might be too weird for the screen. Mysterio sucks come on a 6 year old could beat him. Can't think of any other decent villians he could be.

ReaperFett
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:11:17 PM
From IMDB:

Bruce Campbell was originally slated to fill the role of Dr. Connors. Consequently, an early draft of the script, with Campbell cast as Dr. Connors, called for the Lizard to make an appearance toward the end of the film, to which Doctor Octopus, knowing that Spider-man is Peter, would have tried to help him subdue the Lizard. That angle was dropped because Raimi, if he is on to direct the next film, plans on using the Lizard as the primary villain (alongside Harry Osborn as the next Green Goblin), and did not want the villain to simply be a minor nuisance. Raimi also knew that most people would immediately recognize Bruce Campbell, and recall his comical performance from the first film as the wrestling promoter, and he did not want Dr. Connors to be a recycled actor.

Unless he plays the Kangaroo of course!
http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/1/2/88-9385-sm.jpg - Actor
http://www.samruby.com/AmazingSpider-ManF/Large/Amazing126.JPG - Kangaroo! :D

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:23:49 PM
Isn't that old? Since they already have Conners being played by somebody else. And no way they do the Kangaroo. I am leaning towards Electro right now which would be huge VFX.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:07:50 PM
Wait, so the big bad guy in SM3 is Lowell Mather from Wings?

That's kind of a hard sell. I could barely suspend my disbelief when he played one of the McLowery brothers in Tombstone, so I really don't think this is gonna work.

Shawn
Mar 22nd, 2005, 11:54:36 PM
I know Raimi is under a lot of pressure to do Venom, but I don't think this is it. He doesn't look the part. Sandman or Mysterio seems more likely.

I think Hobgoblin would be both slightly confusing, and kind of lame. They're already setting up for Green Goblin II; Having some other dork steal the technology and pull the same schtick would be awful.

Liam Jinn
Mar 23rd, 2005, 03:56:30 AM
Originally posted by Shawn
I think Hobgoblin would be both slightly confusing, and kind of lame. They're already setting up for Green Goblin II; Having some other dork steal the technology and pull the same schtick would be awful.

Hobgoblin is kind of lame, yet I'd much rather see him as opposed to Green Goblin II. GG II isn't original, and honestly I'm not going to be too disappointed not seeing him this round. Bah, I'm probably alone in this, but eh - I've never fancied the Green Goblin.

There are better villians to devote a Spiderman movie to. Venom being one, IMO, at least for this sequel.

jjwr
Mar 23rd, 2005, 05:11:22 AM
Theres no way they can do a Spider-Man Franchise without Venom, if its not in #3 then its in #4.

I would have no problem with Green Goblin II coming in, they have been setting up for it so the stage is set. A Lizard & Goblin 2 Punch would be decent with a Venom fest in #4.

Ka' el Darcverse
Mar 23rd, 2005, 07:25:38 AM
I always was a fan of the origional Green Goblin, however when I started reading as a little boy, the bad guy du jour was Hobgoblin. It was one of the greatest moments in the series when you spent nearly 50 editions to find out the identity of this guy, of course it was also a low point in the seiries when you realized he was a fashion designer.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 23rd, 2005, 02:03:40 PM
I am still beting Electro. If it Mysterio I will boycott this movie. I hate that guy he Spiderman's lamest villain.

Rognan Dar
Mar 24th, 2005, 01:13:41 AM
I wish they would introduce the King Pin into the Spiderman series. Just as a kind of background bad guy who could always pull off some trouble whenever needed. But they seem to have messed that up with the DareDevil movie.

Zasz Grimm
Mar 24th, 2005, 02:14:22 AM
Originally posted by Rognan Dar
I wish they would introduce the King Pin into the Spiderman series. Just as a kind of background bad guy who could always pull off some trouble whenever needed. But they seem to have messed that up with the DareDevil movie.

If you watch one of the special features, Michael Clark Duncan talks to Affleck about it. "Wouldn't it be cool if they crossed daredevil and spiderman."...Affleck's response..."Yeah, but too bad sony own's one, warner the other" (To that accord. I dont remember who really has SM and DD. Bad memory.)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 24th, 2005, 03:24:09 AM
I want to see Felicia Hardy getting some screen time.

ReaperFett
Mar 24th, 2005, 01:24:01 PM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
If you watch one of the special features, Michael Clark Duncan talks to Affleck about it. "Wouldn't it be cool if they crossed daredevil and spiderman."...Affleck's response..."Yeah, but too bad sony own's one, warner the other" (To that accord. I dont remember who really has SM and DD. Bad memory.)
Sony and Fox :)

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 24th, 2005, 05:27:02 PM
There had been rumors of Hardy in the sequel playing the Black Cat. My only problem with that is it looks like a ripoff of catwoman, which it is, since Catwoman did come first (I mean in the comics).

Shawn
Mar 24th, 2005, 06:19:40 PM
I think it's pretty much confirmed that the Black Cat will have a minor role in SM3 (probably as a friend of Peter's). I'll try to dig up th relevant link.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 24th, 2005, 06:27:56 PM
Well if it is minor I wouldn't have a problem with just hope it doesn't come off too much like catwoman.

Shawn
Mar 24th, 2005, 06:31:56 PM
The New York Daily News spoke to Chloë Sevigny (Melinda and Melinda, American Psycho) who says she's trying to land a role in Spider-Man 3.

"I'd love to be in 'Spider-Man 3!'" Sevigny says. "There's a villain in it who's a blond, buxom girl, and I'm trying to get it!

ReaperFett
Mar 24th, 2005, 09:20:49 PM
Maybe Church will be Felicia? :)

ReaperFett
Mar 28th, 2005, 07:16:44 PM
AICN has had multiple reports that signs are pointing to Sandman.

JMK
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:01:00 PM
I'd love to see that. :)

With today's sfx they would have no trouble simulating sand in all kinds of shapes and forms.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:28:09 PM
We shall see I think AICN are just speculating. I prefer Electro he is a better villian than Sandman. Sandman in the comics was a moron.

Rognan Dar
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:48:58 PM
Well, I never read the comics. But I did watch the cartoons. I dont ever recall them doing Sandman in the cartoon. Just about everyone else was, though. So what happened to him that changed him into the Sandman?

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 28th, 2005, 09:56:03 PM
I don't think they used him in the Cartoon, I think he was the only major spiderman villian they skipped. As for what happened to him, he was an ex con who escaped from prison he was lying on the beach when some radioactive wires hit the ground turning making his cells like sand. I think that is basically what happened.

imported_Bandage
Apr 17th, 2005, 01:36:56 AM
In all technicalities, I do seem to remember in the first Spider Man, J. Jonah Jameson mentioning something like "Get Eddie Brock on the phone," or something to that effect, when the Bugle needed some pictures of Spider Man. It happened when the Bugle was first brought into the movie.

Of course, I could be mistaken.....

And as for sand effects, see both The Mummy movies for examples......

And I have to say, when a Nemesis is mentioned, it has to be Venom. I mean, Venom is practially Spider Man on steroids anyhow, plus he doesn't set off spidersense. And extreme heat and soundwaves are essentially the only weaknesses available. And the Spider Man franchise did so much with Venom, ie, Separation Anxiety with Carnage and the other four Spawn of Venom, and let's not forget the nineties cartoon...Mysterio had a small part at best, and Sandman wasn't ever mentioned in the cartoons, only the comics....It seems to me like Venom would be the only logical step if Hollywood follows the trends......On the other hand, though, you can never guess Hollywood, they have a tendency to either do great things or completely bumble the projects handed to them.......

And I will boycott with Carr if Mysterio's lame posterior is in SM3.......

JMK
May 20th, 2005, 08:07:43 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/20/film.spiderman.reut/index.html

I guess we know why Eric left 'That 70's Show' - he's going to be a villain in SM3.

Jedieb
May 20th, 2005, 02:45:01 PM
I'd love to see Church as the Hobgoblin. I can't wait to see Spidey beat him down and say; "Because you're a dumba... Foreman!" :evil

Jedi Master Carr
May 20th, 2005, 09:23:06 PM
The question is which one? Electro?