PDA

View Full Version : Custodiet Ipsos Custodes (Open to Watch members)

Captain Ars Custos
Mar 17th, 2005, 11:27:03 AM
It was becoming increasingly common practice for the CoCo department of the Coruscant Watch to draw upon its brother and sister Districts for new recruits. Many young Constables had heard stories of the Districts practices and after cutting their teeth in more upscale areas of the sprawling metropolis came downtown for a taste of real police work under the command of Zemil Vymes. The work was hard, the pay poor, and it didn’t take long for many new arrivals to slope back to where they’d come from, their tails between their legs.

Corporal Nobei Knobs had seen this many times. In his twenty-plus years in the Watch, he’d seen more comings and goings than he’d had hot dinners – and yet, he got the feeling that the man stood in front of him wasn’t about to join the list of deserts any time soon. On the desk in front of him lay transfer papers from the Uscru District. Overseeing the most up market part of the city, the Uscru beat prided themselves on their phenomenally low crime rates. Truth be told, this wasn’t particularly due to hard work on their part, but rather thanks to the ludicrously high-tech security systems employed by those who lived in the District.

Still, there was a certain air of prestige about them, and Nobei found himself scrutinizing the face of the officer in front of him with a kind of mesmerized awe. The man – a Captain, no less – was tall, slim and rigid in posture, like a certain stoic Sergeant.

“Can we speed this up?” Ars Custos frowned. The desk clerk was gawking at him goggle-eyed like some dope fiend or scatterbrained simpleton. “I’d like to speak with the Commander some time today.”

The word Commander snapped Knobs out of his daze. He nodded briskly and turned quickly from the desk, almost walking into a passing officer and he disappeared into the busy front offices of the Watch House, leaving Ars – and the large brown box that had arrived with him – in the foyer.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 17th, 2005, 08:01:54 PM
I stood in the threshold of my office's doorway, leaning up against the frame.

"You my new Captain?"

It was a rhetorical question, and only to get his attention. I met his eyes as he followed the voice, and shifted my cigar from one corner of my mouth to the other.

Nodding, I rapped my knuckles on the wooden door frame.

"Door's open."

With that, I stepped back into my office, kicking a chair toward my desk that had been playing wallflower.

Captain Ars Custos
Mar 19th, 2005, 03:54:43 AM
Hefting the box he’d arrived with under one arm, Ars followed into the office, easing the door closed behind him. “Commander Zemil Vymes, I presume?” he asked, looking up as he crouched to set down what he’d been carrying. Truthfully, he didn’t need to ask who the man before him was. Ars had seen various official dossiers on Vymes, as well as the usual news paper clippings that floated about the office.

“Ars Custos. I've heard a lot about you. It’s… good to finally meet you.” He stood up straight and set his transfer papers, marked with the Uscru district stamp, on Vymes’ desk before reaching out to shake the Commanders hand.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 22nd, 2005, 10:31:07 PM
"Zem"

I corrected him. I hated to pull rank until it was painfully necessary. Meeting the Captain across my desk, I clasped his hand. He had a good grip.

"You've got a lot of people talking over in Uscru. I don't normally get hot shots working in my district. Who's butt do I have to kiss for this favor?"

Captain Ars Custos
Mar 31st, 2005, 10:31:02 AM
Ars contained a small laugh, a slight smile pressing his lips. “You can thank the inhabitants of CoCo District for my arrival here. If it weren’t for their consistently deplorable behavior I wouldn’t have been transferred.” The Captain hesitated briefly. “From what I’ve read, your station can do with all the help it can get. You’ve certainly got your hands full.”