PDA

View Full Version : Training Day: New Partner

Anne Ravenheart
Mar 14th, 2005, 05:14:11 PM
Anne Ravenheart, Corporal and rookie of the Coco District no less, was in the locker room, toweling off her hair. She had arrived there after her briefing and questioning and reviewing with Commander Vymes, then was sent to get a weapon, then off to the locker room to find her assigned locker and put her police things into it.

Anne wraps around towel around her waist and looks around. She was told Lt. Dameia Gallagher would be her partner, but wasnt told what she looked like, or how to find her other than she was in the locker room now too. Finding her newly acquired partner seemed harder by the moment.

"Anyone know where I can find Lt. Dameia Gallagher?"

Several arms point a few locker rows down, and Anne noted a woman standing not far from her own, but on the other side of the bench running between them. Anne put the towel from her head on the bench and looked the woman up and down. She seemed a bit older than her own 25 years, and looked to be around 29 or 30. Sitting down in front of her locker and pulling out her brush, she pulls it through her short cut hair.

"You Lt. Gallagher?

Dameia Gallagher
Mar 14th, 2005, 05:20:17 PM
"Never heard of her."

:: She didn't keep the poker face long before she cracked a friendly smile ::

Anne Ravenheart
Mar 14th, 2005, 05:23:41 PM
Anne's scowl soon turned into a smile that matched the other woman's.

"Ill have to remember that."

Anne stood up and turned to face the woman.

"Corporal Anne Ravenheart. Commander Vymes said I am to be your new partner."

Dameia Gallagher
Mar 14th, 2005, 05:36:33 PM
:: Dameia extended her hand to Ravenheart ::

"Welcome aboard. Did you get shang-haied here too?"

Anne Ravenheart
Mar 14th, 2005, 05:50:58 PM
Anne shook the other woman's hand once it was offered.

"I transferred here from the Blue Light District (Coruscant's version of Milwaukee). I heard they needed more beat cops here in Coco, and too many in Blue Light, so I filed my transfer papers. Next thing I know, Im here.

What about you? Mind if I call you Dameia?"

Dameia Gallagher
Mar 14th, 2005, 06:10:06 PM
"Ask me that again and you'll be giving me 100." (push-ups)

:: She follows that with a quick wink, indicating that she didn't mind ::

"I got transferred here from Chiba district."

Anne Ravenheart
Mar 14th, 2005, 06:18:12 PM
Anne nodded to both of Dameia's replies, and holds her hands up in mock surrender.

"I got it."

She replaces her brush back into her locker and turns to face her partner again.

"I hear Chiba is kinda rough. Is that true? The people, I mean?"

Dameia Gallagher
Mar 14th, 2005, 06:26:41 PM
"Chiba's got the Rodian Yakuza, Cyborg crimes, Swoop bike gangs, depends on which sector. I lost my partner back there."

:: she kneels down and laces up her boot ::

"Coco's got it's share of trouble too."

Anne Ravenheart
Mar 14th, 2005, 06:32:24 PM
By now, Anne was mostly dressed and was buttoning up her shirt.

"What place doesnt have its share of trouble that requires officers like us to deal with?"

Now she was pulling her pants on over her slim thighs and up onto her narrow waist.

"Isnt that was police officers do? Besides fight crime?"

Dameia Gallagher
Mar 14th, 2005, 06:35:33 PM
"We also eat. I'm starving."

:: She slips on her coat and leads the way out of the locker room ::

Anne Ravenheart
Mar 14th, 2005, 06:40:19 PM
Lucky for her, she was done dressing, but her boots still needed lacing up. Running after her partner, Anne hurries to catch up, then falls in step beside her.

"I agree. What do you feel like? To eat, I mean."

Dameia Gallagher
Mar 14th, 2005, 06:46:39 PM
"Well aren't any White Dragons (*Noodle Bars*) in Coco, but I have found a little place where the Bourbon Chicken is great."

:: she waves to Corporal Knobs as he hurries down the hallway in the opposite direction and holds the elevator door for her new partner ::

Anne Ravenheart
Mar 15th, 2005, 09:18:22 PM
Anne joins Dameia in the elevator and also waves to Corporal Knobs on her way in.

"Sure, sounds good. Lets go."

Dameia Gallagher
Mar 21st, 2005, 03:22:40 PM
:: Dameia presses the button to the top floor, and the doors slide open to the Spinner deck ::

Anne Ravenheart
Mar 21st, 2005, 03:27:39 PM
Anne walks with Dameia to the cruiser.

Dameia Gallagher
Mar 21st, 2005, 03:58:32 PM
:: The doors to the police spinner open and Dameia tosses Anne the keys ::

Anne Ravenheart
Mar 23rd, 2005, 03:55:44 PM
Anne hops in the driver's seat after catching the keys, then buckles her seat belt and starts up the spinner.

"Whereabouts is this place?"

Dameia Gallagher
Mar 24th, 2005, 12:17:01 PM
"Sector Four."

Anne Ravenheart
Apr 5th, 2005, 03:56:05 PM
Anne veers the Police Spinner in that direction.

"More specific please? I am new to this part of town."

Anne then chuckled, but continued driving.

Dameia Gallagher
Apr 5th, 2005, 04:13:05 PM
:: Damiea leans forward and brings up the grid for Sector Four on the dashboard computer system, then types in a grid number that magnifies their destination and winks ::

"When in doubt, hit the nav comp."