PDA

View Full Version : get them while they're young

Parker Proctor
Mar 13th, 2005, 06:06:02 AM
Alright, this idea just popped into my head. I'm not sure if it's any good or not but I thought I'd share it anyway.

What would people think to the Sith Order setting up a policy of recruiting young Force Adepts on Corellia? Some kind of conscription. Like the Hilter Youth.. or like in Equilibrium (or 1984 even), where the little kids spied on their parents, etc. They can really be any age, but I'm thinking somewhere around 10-15. Slowly edge them into the Sith way of thinking.

We could do a couple of threads setting it up, and then from then on it could just be weaved into all stuff involving TSO. We don't necessarily have to have Player Characters of these kids, they could just be NPCs, unless people actually want to play them.

I know we already have children involved in the Sith, but I'm talking about a more gradual process of brainwashing. Work literature that lionizes Sith into the education system, numb them to violence, employ them as guards, etc etc.

Southstar
Mar 13th, 2005, 03:59:54 PM
I've been thinking about that too but never developed it to the point that I felt it was worth sharing. Its a good idea and it seems totally logical with the way the Sith are running Corellia.

Does anybody think it would be overboard to create a character for the minister of education? He'd pretty much run the schools, the 'Sith Youth' program and possibly re-education facilities?

This is sort of along these lines.. barely. But I've been tossing around some ideas between Southstar and Jacen Mann (his political aide) about a system where the Corellians run their government and the Sith take a position similar to a religion. Of course the Sith would have the ultimate say as they would be the higher authority, but by allowing the Corellians to take the government I thought it would instill a feeling of pride into the Corellian people. Pride that would bring to being a major force. Using the German analogy: a nationalist pride that fits in with the whole 'Sith Youth' idea. I think it would work especially well with the Sith moving to Korriban and governmental power sitting in Corellia.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 13th, 2005, 04:16:11 PM
I've been thinking about that too but never developed it to the point that I felt it was worth sharing. Its a good idea and it seems totally logical with the way the Sith are running Corellia.

Does anybody think it would be overboard to create a character for the minister of education? He'd pretty much run the schools, the 'Sith Youth' program and possibly re-education facilities?

Why not? We already have the Prime Minister, Minister for Information and various political aides? I think it would be interesting to show the various facets to the government that TSO sets up in their place, flesh the characters out as real people...

The religion thing sounds fine to me. I was thinking initially that the Sith could be looked on more as .. the Corellian army, or special guard or something. like the New Republic Special Forces. but this works too.

Southstar
Mar 13th, 2005, 07:46:46 PM
Conerning the religion aspect, think back to something like Greek and Roman gods. They were definitely out there on the battlefield and whos side they were on made a huge difference.

As for the Minister of Education... I'll have a character up by the end of the night :D

Herod Jenns
Mar 13th, 2005, 11:26:07 PM
It's about the end of my night and here's my character for the position. of minister of Education... though I think maybe it should be Minister of Enlightenment. Enlightenment sounds like something more desired than education.

Vega Van-Derveld
Mar 14th, 2005, 03:53:44 PM
Haha, Herod. Ironic choice of name. Nice.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 14th, 2005, 04:59:05 PM
Good call yet again, Southstar.

AmazonBabe
Mar 14th, 2005, 07:12:24 PM
Kinda skimmed what you said, but i have to leave in a few, so will get back with more opinion tomorrow. :)

Southstar
Mar 14th, 2005, 07:21:39 PM
The avatar is actually that of the head of the Hitler Youth... I figured it was fitting. Now that I think about it, we're (or maybe just me) are going to look like Nazis.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:10:35 PM
Can we have a distinctive logo that's on EVERYTHING?

Zereth Lancer
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:14:04 PM
What I've read so far seems really good, I like the whole idea. Will all the children be blonde haired, blue eyed?

Southstar
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:40:43 PM
Blonde hair blue eyes seems so whimpy... you'd think for a master race that they'd look tougher than that.

Zereth Lancer
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:52:41 PM
True... but they'd all look good though :)

Perhaps the master race should have been... oh, lets say, Dark haired with red glowing eyes ;)

Southstar
Mar 15th, 2005, 01:13:42 PM
and claws with a big ugly snout... thinks of the song from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Good Lord what's wrong with me?

Salem Ave
Mar 19th, 2005, 04:12:57 AM
Originally posted by Je'gan Olra'en

That would be awesome.

Originally posted by Southstar
Blonde hair blue eyes seems so whimpy... you'd think for a master race that they'd look tougher than that.

Vega begs to differ :p

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 19th, 2005, 10:26:07 AM
Yeah, well, Vega's idea of a Master Race is more like a Master Combined Species with Polymorphic Capacity :)

Lady Vader
Mar 21st, 2005, 08:21:23 PM
Originally posted by Je'gan Olra'en

If you mean for TSO, we already have a logo, or at least a symbol. It's next to all the threads you see. I have a larger size of it if you need it.

And if this wasn't what you were talking about, then, um, shoot me. :p

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:04:13 PM
I was thinking something that could be easily used for what the Nazis used the swastika for.

AmazonBabe
Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:39:27 PM
Just use the symbol. It's already there and it's easy.

I don't want to add another symbol for TSO.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 23rd, 2005, 07:25:01 PM
True enough, and I guess it would make good...

...graffiti...

Zereth Lancer
Mar 23rd, 2005, 09:41:22 PM
Thats it. We could go to Corascant and graffiti it onto all the walls and such. Not only would be confirm the suspisions that the sith are troublemakers but we might end up in a war with the NR, which would be bloody good fun.

AmazonBabe
Mar 24th, 2005, 11:11:46 AM
I'll get the paint cans...