PDA

View Full Version : Inauguration of the Worm: Born Again

The Dark Woman
Mar 10th, 2005, 06:26:13 PM
It had been a surprise to hear of her existance. Strange, that the Force has not shown her to me before... someone of that amount of power. I rasp out a laugh, my throat still sore from being strangled.

I nearly died a month ago. My very life was being sucked out of me, and there were those present who should have allowed it to happen. Yet, they did not. My face darkens in anger at the thought of the Jedi pitying me. Pity! Pity I did not die, perhaps, but their emotions allowed me to live. The fools.

I live, and I know of her now. I cannot allow her to continue along the path she has chosen, because in the end it will be nothing but grief for me. I have had enough grief for two lifetimes. My body is still weak from the beating it took on Duros, and I know I should feel... something for the one who showed me mercy. Gratitude, perhaps. But there is none in my soul for him. He is just another in a line of men who have betrayed me. I pray to the Force that Silus will not follow that pattern.

Which is yet another sign of my weakness. Praying to the energy field that I wield - to the Force that I use to do what I want. I believe in no higher power than myself, I trust no one. Except... I trust Silus. Another weakness.

My hands shake because my nervous system is still recovering from the attack that Vader used on me. I am a mere shadow of the woman I was, and yet I will grow stronger. I am growing stronger every day. I am careful not to touch the Force, knowing that the man I am trying to contact has ways of knowing when people are Force sensitive. But I also know that only when you actively use the Force are you vulnerable to this witchy knowledge he has. The pain is more when I cannot dampen it, but I suffer anyway.

The transport is stopping, and I move towards the front and the hatch to the outside. I am on Coruscant, far from the Jedi Order, and carrying a message. I have not stepped on this planet, the planet of my cursed birth, since the night I reclaimed my son. It does not feel any different under my shoes. I hate shoes.

Diego Van Derveld
Mar 15th, 2005, 12:02:15 AM
He didn't need to sense her. Didn't need to smell her. The taste in dark clothing was a big enough flag to him.

He himself wore casual, simple clothes, and stood among the other simpletons waiting for the transport to arrive. His long locks were pulled back into an unremarkable ponytail, which hung behind him. He smiled, splitting the sea of unshaved bristles on his face.

The Dark Woman
Mar 21st, 2005, 03:57:18 PM
I look around for the man who is supposed to meet me, and see him approaching a dark robed woman who departed the same transport. I am wearing a cream colored pantsuit with a green tank underneath the blazer. In my right hand I hold nothing more dangerous than a simple cane. I did my hair with colorcrawlers last night, and it's short length is a striated mess of blonde, red, and light brown mingled with my natural dark. It is combed neatly, but tends to get in my face, which is fine with me.

Most of the swelling is down on my injuries, thanks to the bacta treatment I recieved immediately afterwards, although there are shiny pink scars on a lot of my visible skin. My hands still shake, and I look around as though I have not spotted the man here to meet me.