PDA

View Full Version : Hope's Mold

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 10th, 2005, 04:12:43 PM
"Just keep me out of the sun," she had said.

*Nathan shook that thought away.

Though things did add up. Nut they were legends, weren't they? No, no they weren't. Few and far between, but they did exist.

Ah well.

He decided to make his new acquaintance feel as comfortable as possible, and if that meant keeping her out of the sun, then so be it. For now.

When they arrived on Cayss, it would be night anyway.

The flight was long and relatively quiet. Snack, for once in a long while, had peace in his mind and was able to pass away into a trance like state of sleep, un harbored by any nightmares or dreams that have been plaguing his mind recently.

Such as his past Apprentices. Only two out of the many were promising. One was gone. The other found new employment.

What would Mira do?

Sitting in the sitting room, Nathan glanced across the walkway. There were no view ports on the sides, giving little to nothing for anyone sitting there to look at, allowing their mind to become bored quickly.*

"Half hour until we exit hyperspace, my Lord," the pilot announced over the comm speakers.

Good, I've missed home.

Redeemer
Mar 11th, 2005, 01:00:12 PM
Mira grew quiet, deciding it best to keep to herself for now as she closed her green eyes and laid her head against the back of the seat. She had removed her cloak only minutes before, revealing the true paleness of her form and she let out a quiet sigh, wondering what was to happen from here on out.

She snuck a glance to her new 'master'...she chuckled inwardly at the thought of him in that position and then glanced away, hearing the pilot's announcement.

'Soon.' Mira thought to herself with a smile.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 14th, 2005, 12:56:35 PM
*The ship exited out of hyperspace and threw on its sublight drives, allowing the ship to cost the rest of the way until it reached the upper atmosphere of Cayss.*

The Force: tell me what it is?

*He turned his head slightly so he could see her, sitting across the room. She was so pale it was almost blinding. The Dark Side did not do this to her, for she was still beautiful. Only those fully emboddied by the Dark Side of the Force were wretched creatures, twisted and ugly.*

Redeemer
Mar 14th, 2005, 02:03:17 PM
Feeling Nathanial's eyes upon her Mira turned her head to rest her full gaze upon him and lifted an eyebrow his way. She got up and moved to his side, her movements almost blurring. Sitting down next to him, she canted her head to the side.

"Tell me about Cayss." Mira softly demanded, then thought to add, "Please." to the end of it. She bowed her head in a show of respect. Mira smiled, softening her gaze as she settled back into her seat, crossing her long legs.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 16th, 2005, 10:23:30 PM
*Nathan blinked as Mira moved to sit beside him, and then almost chuckled as she asked her question.*

You know, it's considered to be rude to ignore the question of one's Master.

*Unlike other Sith, fortunately enough for the woman, Snack was patient, and did not let little things such as that get to him.

He shrugged.*

Cayss is a little, unknown planet in the outer rim. Away from everything. Barely self-sufficient, it grows and mines its own materials and economy, with little trade between worlds close to us.

Its terrain is oddly green-blue in hue, with rolling hills, jagged mountains, dense forests and sparse tropical terrain. Overcast skies normally signify the days, while chilling clear nights bring you to slumber.

*Closing his eyes, Nate leaned his head back against the back of his seat. Memories from his past flooded his mind, his 'Father' growing stronger and stronger.*

It was our birthplace and the place we called home for eighteen or so years.

*He sighed, reopening his eyes and stealing a glance at his newest Apprentice.*

Perhaps I was too formal in my question earlier. If so, please forgive me. I'm use to structure and discipline in these conditions. And it has been a while since I have taken one as my student.

...Too long.

Redeemer
Mar 17th, 2005, 01:43:47 PM
Mira's eyes widened as she realized she had totally ignored Nathanial's question and she ducked her head in embarrassment.

"I am sorry for that blatant act of rudeness, Master." Mira said, having a hard time calling someone else her Master. "My mind was elsewhere at the moment you asked me." Mira glanced at him and lowered her eyes to his hands before answering. "I was taught that the Force is something within you, that you can manipulate. Either light or dark, it is your's." Mira glanced away again, then sighed.

"I look forward to seeing your home." She whispered. "Though why do I detect a certain hesitation on returning?"

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 20th, 2005, 10:00:31 PM
Because...

*He began to say, but then trailed off. The truth of the matter was, was that this was Nathan's first time back with his spirit. It was the spirit's first time back.*

No reason.

*Giving Mira a fake smirk, Nathan averted his attention to the front of the shuttle. The ship jerked and then caught itself as it sped through the cloud filled upper atmosphere of Cayss.

On the outskirts of Cayss's main town/city was the only ship docking port on the planet - and it had been a recent construction project finished a during Snack's absence.*

You're view on the Force is much like my own.

*He returned his gaze to her, and this time gave Mira a semi-heartfelt smile. Standing, he threw his cloak around himself and walked towards the exit ramp.

The ship landed effortlessly and you could hear it already starting to power down as the exit ramp lowered.*

We're here.

Redeemer
Mar 22nd, 2005, 02:28:51 PM
Mira let Nathanial stand first before she did, grabbing her cloak to refasten it around her neck. The blackness of it against her pale skin made it look almost translucent and she his as much as her skin as she could as she quietly followed Nathanial out of the ship.

"With our views of the Force the same, I think we shall get along." Mira said behind him as the descened the ramp. She stopped just shortly of stepping onto the planet and looked around. Her green eyes narrowed for a moment before she hesitantly took that step off the ramp and onto her new life.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 23rd, 2005, 12:13:45 AM
*A hint of the fresh night air came to him as he set foot on his home world. Looking behind him, he saw Mira hesitate slightly then follow.

The two made their way from the small "airport" out into the quiet city, lit only by dim glow-orbs that lined the streets and the stars above. The twin moons shone their faint hue of red and blue, adding an eerie glow to the night-time walk.

Snack led his apprentice down many streets and side streets, most of which were empty and void of any night life. During the day, it would be slightly busier, but not by much. It led for a quiet retreat, one that gave sanctuary many a time to the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Five minutes later the two were standing before a three story house. Compared to the rest of the housing units in and around the town, it looked like a mansion.

His mansion.

The doors swung open as he neared them, showing a small lobby which branched out into a few different hallways and rooms.*

Up the stairs to your left - third door on your right: that will be your room. Rest up during the day, for we begin at sun down tomorrow. Feel free to wander the streets or the house.

*Taking his black cloak off and tossing it to the side, he smirked as he almost forgot one very important detail.*

Oh, and if you run into a fat dancer, do not be alarmed. She's paying of a life debt, and can be very pushy. And jealous.

*He wondered if Ilyarna was even around still, or if she had left when Snack didn't ...

Wait.

"She was there."

She was. What happened to her?

Shaking the thoughts from his head, he nodded to Mira and then made his way for his study.*

Redeemer
Mar 23rd, 2005, 02:34:27 PM
Mira walked into Nathanial's place right behind him, admiring his choice of homes. She nodded as he gave her the directions to where she would find her room and she paused, looking at him. She blinked and then looked at Nathanial over her shoulder.

"Fat dancer? I can handle a jealous female." She smiled as she removed the hood from her head and unfastened the cloak from her shoulders. It was then Mira realized she had not brought anything with her and she gave a little breath of annoyance, knowing she would have to go out after training and get what she needed.

"Thank you, Master." Mira said in after thought as she began to ascend the stairs. "It will not catch the morning sun, will it?" Mira found herself asking as she looked up the stairs.

Nathanial K'cansce
Mar 25th, 2005, 05:24:16 PM
Just close the drapes. That should keep your frail skin from feeling the sun.

*Snack said before he walked into a hallway which led to his study. There was much to go over and ponder, including the where-abouts of Ilyarna and how to start Mira's training.

He didn't get much sleep, if any. Maybe a couple of 30 minute naps here and there with his head buried in an open book on his desk. Ilyarna was no where to be found in his house, nor was she around town.

Oh well, it didn't really matter. At least at the moment. Glancing outside, he could see the sun starting to set. It would soon be time. She'd be waking up, and then the hunt would commence.

The piece of paper in his hand held the only clue to where he was going. He gave it a twice over before sliding it under her door, and then made his way for the front door.

The note read:

Mira,

Consider this your first test. Find me. Your only clue is that I am not in the city. Stretch out with your feelings and tap into the Force. It will light the way.

Nathanial

By the time Mira reads the note and gets around, Snack would be in his waiting spot.*

Redeemer
Mar 31st, 2005, 01:51:49 AM
Mira awoke the next evening and she quickly dressed, needing to take care of her 'meal' and gain her strength for that night's training. She knew it would begin tonight and she snuck out the window, remembering a few places in the village she would able to take care of what she needed to.

Mira walked back into her room about fourty five minutes later and found the note by Nathanial. She read it and sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"Great, hide and seek." She laughed softly, letting the paper fall to her bed as she closed her eyes. Mira relaxed herself, letting her mind clear of any other thoughts other than Nathanial and searched for him. She self admittedly hated being such a novice in the Force and silently cursed herself for not training at an earlier age. She detected something and her instinct told her to head towards the tropical terrain.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 15th, 2005, 12:01:59 PM
Trust your feelings. Trust your instincts.

*The message relayed to Mira's mind, slightly nudging her in the direction of where Nathanial was.

In the meantime, Snack had reached his spot. He took a long and round-a-bout way through, cutting trails, circling around in an endless cycle, seemingly splitting off in multiple directions. This was meant only to confuse his Apprentice, if she were to follow scents and the paths laid out for her. If she were to be successful, the Force would have to be with her.

On the other side of the forest lay a large lake, the land on the other side barely visible during the day - no where to be seen at night. On the makeshift beach, Nathanial stood barefoot. His dark cloak and Sith-like robes concealed his form as the billowed in the light wind. As the minutes past, he slowly becoming a shadow, blending into the night air. A ring of different sized stones and rocks circled him. All he had to do now was wait.*

Redeemer
Apr 26th, 2005, 07:45:45 PM
Mira let out a sigh as she stopped in her journey to look around. Her eyebrows furrowed together and she took in a deep breath and closed her eyes, willing herself to relax, to reach out and seek what was hiding from her. Canting her head to the side, she felt herself one with the Force and rode that, searching for Nathanial.

"Aha." Mira whispered to herself, opening her eyes to glance around the terrain, her eyes zeroing in on the direction in which Nathanial awaited her. She smiled, nibbling on her bottom lip with her teeth as she moved off in a jog.

'Come out, come out...where ever you are.' Mira thought to herself with a laugh, moving quickly through the trees.

Nathanial K'cansce
Apr 29th, 2005, 08:49:41 AM
*Expect the unexpected.

Birds and animals alike began to chirp and howl frantically in the dense forest where Mira was jogging. Creeking could be heard, and finally a loud thunderous snap echoed in the night as a tree was torn from its base by an unforseen force. Its landing destination: right where Mira was about to step.*

Redeemer
May 4th, 2005, 08:35:38 AM
Mira came to a sliding hault over the ground, the snap alerting her. She only had time to look around before dropping herself flat on the grass, the brush of limbs scraping against her bare arms as the tree flew over her. She sucked in her breath as the scrapes stung and she slowly got up, her green eyes narrowing as she picked out leaves and small twigs from her hair.

'Close, I must be.' Mira thought to herself. 'But you were slow. Not good.' She added, looking down to her bleeding arms. Quickly making sure she was ok, Mira looked back to the fallen tree before taking off in the direction it came.

Nathanial K'cansce
May 7th, 2005, 06:17:09 PM
*Mira was able to escape the tree-trap, but not unscathed. That was alright, though. In fact, it was extremely good. For that was the easiest of his tests. Had she failed that, Mira would no longer know what it was like to be alive - in any way shape or form.

Through the Force, Nathan could feel her drawing near. One more test awaited her.*

Mira, you've done well, but you have only just begun. I have lost my lightsaber in the path on my way to my spot. Find it then bring it to me.

*His voice was soft in her mind, trying to soothe and calm her, while that the same time it was to convey to her that she shall not disobey him.

The truth was that Snack did not lose his saber. He had all three of them clipped to his belt. One began to jiggle and then broke free of its holding place. The metallic hilt floated up a meter in front of his face, and then darted towards the path he took through the forest.

The object flew around trees and brush, branches and leaves and vines, snaking its way to where Mira was jogging. An echoing snap-hiss killed the silence, illuminating the surrounding areas in a teal glow. It swung down so the blade was horizontal, laying across the path Mira was currently on.*

Reach out with your feelings and trust your instinct. Be fast and follow the Force. It can be used as a tool to aid you, and it can use you as a tool to aid it. Bring my back my ligthsaber.

Redeemer
May 19th, 2005, 05:33:47 PM
Mira had paused in her journey to listen to Nathanial's instructions, nursing her scrapes she received before. She closed her eyes, inhaling the scents around her, getting help from not only the Force but Mother Nature as well.

'Your lightsaber you shall have.' She responded, then added softly. 'My Master.'

Mira kept her green eyes closed as she reached out to the Force, sensing where Nathanial's saber might be. She took a slow, deep breath and released it, her sensitive hearing picking up the hypnotic hum of the lightsaber and she smiled to herself, taking off in the direction from whence it came.

She did not know how long she had been moving through the trees, but she found herself nearing Nathanial's saber and she stopped, looking down at the teal blade as it rested upon the greenery. Mira looked around, feeling out for any booby traps that might be around.

'THis is too easy, Master.' She sent to him as she knealt down to turn the lightsaber off. 'What trickery do you have in store for me when I touch your weapon?'