PDA

View Full Version : Lucas and ROTS Poster of ET tonite(3/8)

Jedieb
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:58:12 PM
Tonight's Entertainment Tonight is supposed to have a quick feature on ROTS. Rumor has it they'll be premiering the theater poster. Hopefully, it'll be up on the official site soon after that. Once it's on sale I'll have my complete set.:smokin

JMK
Mar 8th, 2005, 04:32:53 PM
I think before I wait to buy a set of all 6 posters I'm going to wait until Lucas (inevitably) re-releases the entire 6 movies in theaters with new posters. I can't guarantee that will will happen, but I'm sure it will at some point in the future.

Jedieb
Mar 8th, 2005, 06:01:14 PM
With so many posters out there, it's pretty easy to put together your own unique set. The only major theatherical poster I have is for ESB. My ANH poster is a serial styled B-sheet, for ROTJ I've got my Revenge poster, for TPM I've got the Jake Lloyd shawdow poster, and for AOTC I've got the Yoda IMAX poster. There must be well over 30 posters to choose from.

Jedieb
Mar 8th, 2005, 06:08:44 PM
They just showed it! It looks great! I like it alot more than the teaser poster. It's probably only a matter of minutes before people get images up.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 8th, 2005, 06:22:14 PM
Yeah saw it, it looks pretty cool. I am reading the force.net boards trying to find a clearer image. It is funny how people are mad Grievious isn't on it :lol

JMK
Mar 8th, 2005, 06:42:13 PM
It does look terrific, and if people are going to complain about Grievous not being on the cover.....:shootin

Jedieb
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:06:42 PM
The official site has it up.
http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/img/20050308_1_bg.jpg

Hey, could we post the image over here? I don't think it's exclusive.

darth_mcbain
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:12:12 PM
I like it a lot - I just saw it on ET, but they barely showed it for a few seconds - the image on the official site is good. I don't really care that Greivous isn't on it - while he's supposed to be uber-cool, I don't think he's one of the most important characters. I think this poster kinda ties back to the posters for the originals. They're all kinda similar, obviously, but this one seems to have the feel of the originals for me.

Jedieb
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:19:22 PM
If I'm wrong, then someone please remove the pic.:angel
http://www.swforums.net/photopost/data/501/39820050308_1_bg.jpg

I think it looks great. Who gives a rat's butt if Grievous isn't on it. He's nothing but a minor character. Hell, if anyone should be ticked it's Christopher Lee. Poor ol' guy got snubbed again.

AND I LOVE THE FLYING YODA! Up, up, and away!!!:crack

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:36:05 PM
Yeah Dooku hasn't been on a cover yet. Grievious is a a one shot bad guy nothing more. I would rank him lower than Jango Fett and Boba Fett.

JMK
Mar 8th, 2005, 09:10:11 PM
I think if anything Dooku could have been on a poster somewhere. That would be my complaint, if I had one.

When is someone going to allege racism for not putting Bail Organa up there?

And when is someone going to complain about 3P0 and R2 not being up there too? Hell, they were on the last ones!

And where's Chewie??

:rolleyes

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 8th, 2005, 10:02:30 PM
Well the droids were on three of the posters so it is probably fair. Bail, well it might be hard to fit him in but I guess they could have, same with Chewie.

JediBoricua
Mar 9th, 2005, 06:37:33 PM
They got Vader in.

I can't complain.

Jedieb
Mar 9th, 2005, 08:28:01 PM
When is someone going to allege racism for not putting Bail Organa up there?
:lol
JediBoriqua and I are going to begin orgainizing are Hispanic posse and boycott the film. Curse you Lucas!!!!!!:crack

jjwr
Mar 10th, 2005, 08:29:52 AM
Thats freaking awesome! The Major Vader up top is just incredible.

I cannot wait for this movie!!!!!!!!!

Master Yoghurt
Mar 10th, 2005, 02:07:44 PM
Now THATS what I call a poster <font size =-2>(in contrast with the <a href=http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37075>two previous craptacular efforts</a>)</font>